Following yesterday's publication of supposedly leaked component images of Apple's next generation iPhone 6, on Tuesday morning Reuters cited sources close to Apple's manufacturing partners who reveal that screens for the new flagship Apple smartphone will enter production in early May.

Scheduled for release this fall, the iPhone 6 will initially deliver a 4.7-inch screen but we're told that, after some delays, we may soon thereafter see an iPhone 6 with a 5.5-inch screen option. Either way, both iPhone 6 screens represent a bump-up in size over the 4.0-inch panels on the current-gen iPhone 5S and 5C models.

Both iPhone 6 screens are expected to use in-cell touch panel technology - built into the screen and allowing for thinner construction than with standard touch panel films - that was introduced with the iPhone 5, the sources said.
    As it stands, Japan Display will be first to kick-start production at its plant at Mobara within the next four to six weeks.

Source: Reuters
    2014-04-01 10:58 AM
    Well lets get a move on folks we need a 5inch or 5.5 inch screen sooner than later.
    2014-04-01 02:20 PM
    did that graphic come from 1998?
    2014-04-01 02:56 PM
    did that graphic come from 1998?
    lol agree
    2014-04-01 03:40 PM
    I can't wait!!!!! My upgrade is in feb 2015 I hope I can hold off for the 6s
    2014-04-01 04:19 PM
    Production on the i6 shouldve started 3 weeks ago.
    So that we can have it in our hands in June for once, instead of Sept/Oct.
    Last edited by LudaChris; 2014-04-01 at 05:12 PM.
    2014-04-01 05:08 PM
    everything is just rumors and speculation I think actually no one knows when it will be in may in june or september
    2014-04-01 05:30 PM
    Here is the "next big thing" what do we do after we have maxed out the comfort zone on the screen size? What is the next step? All hardware manufacturers will have the same model..big screen, big phone. Are we going to go small again? hahahaha! Go back to flip phones? hahaha!
    2014-04-01 07:24 PM
    Sweet. Let's get ready to see that phone.

Production on the i6 shouldve started 3 weeks ago.
    So that we can have it in our hands in June for once, instead of Sept/Oct.
    Same here. Announced in sept. And out for sale in oct.
    2014-04-01 08:13 PM
    I hope they make it 5" or bigger so I will have no interest in it. I wouldn't want my phone to be any bigger than the 5S. If they made it bigger with the same or very slightly bigger dimensions that would be ok. But anything like those androids and I'll use my 5S until it dies from severe old age! Maybe even buy another and toss it in a drawer to use when my current one dies!
    2014-04-01 10:20 PM
    I'm looking forward to a larger screen and have 2 upgrades this year. I will always get the iPhone but am looking forward to a flagship Android also.
    2014-04-01 10:27 PM
    My highest is 4.5 inch. I will say f-u frapple if you continue doing nothing to the iphone.
    2014-04-02 12:00 AM
    My highest is 4.5 inch. I will say f-u frapple if you continue doing nothing to the iphone.
    Even the old htc one m7 is around 4.7 the s4/s5 and htc m8 are above that in the 5 plus range. What phone would u go for.

I hope they make it 5" or bigger so I will have no interest in it. I wouldn't want my phone to be any bigger than the 5S. If they made it bigger with the same or very slightly bigger dimensions that would be ok. But anything like those androids and I'll use my 5S until it dies from severe old age! Maybe even buy another and toss it in a drawer to use when my current one dies!
    I wouldn't see them dumping the 5s size already. I could see 2 separate iPhones a regular size and larger size that would have more features.
    Last edited by mlee19841; 2014-04-02 at 03:23 AM.
    2014-04-02 03:19 AM
    Even the old htc one m7 is around 4.7 the s4/s5 and htc m8 are above that in the 5 plus range. What phone would u go for.

I wouldn't see them dumping the 5s size already. I could see 2 separate iPhones a regular size and larger size that would have more features.
    You are 100% right. But iphone suckz period lol. Not until u JB right? an amazing phones yes, looks beautiful thats it.. Android phones have so much stuff added to it. Features....apple And battery is my concern right now... N features. Not only talk and text
    2014-04-02 03:47 AM
    You are 100% right. But iphone suckz period lol. Not until u JB right? an amazing phones yes, looks beautiful thats it.. Android phones have so much stuff added to it. Features....apple And battery is my concern right now... N features. Not only talk and text
    Yea the jail break does make it more appealing and I'm looking forward to see what they are gonna do with the battery. The whole android operating system is nice. Whether it's a samsung or htc they have great features.
    2014-04-02 04:39 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD
We have updated our Privacy Policy and Terms & Conditions. Please check them out.