If you find yourself in need of a quick place to jot down fast notes at times, then a new jailbreak tweak called Sticky by iOS developer william_vab may come across as useful to you.

Sticky aims to be an easy way to jot down information in a pinch. It puts a new sticky note button on your Lock Screen at the bottom left, and tapping on it will reveal a sticky note interface. You can then tap on the sticky note to start typing on it. You'll also find yourself with a keyboard button, which is used to dismiss the keyboard, and a delete button, which is used to delete your note. If you want to hide the sticky note, you can tap on the sticky note button on the Lock Screen, and it will be minimized. You can also drag it anywhere on the Lock Screen for convenience.

It's worth noting that Sticky is fully customizable. The tweak adds a preferences pane to the Settings application where you can customize a variety of options:

You will be able to enable or disable the tweak on demand, configure the alpha level of the sticky note, customize the positioning of the sticky note button, configure the animation speed, pick the dismiss animation you want, pick the color you want for the sticky note, pick the color you want for the sticky note text, and choose your own font size.

You can pick from any of the following dismiss animations:

• Fade
    • Curl up
    • Genie effect
    • Flip left
    • Flip right

The font color and sticky note color can be changed to basically anything you want it to be. There is a color picker with unlimited color options available to you, which is great for the end user. There is a little color preview that shows you the current color choice, and there is an apply button that lets you change the colors on the fly.

It's worth noting that you don't have to respring to save any of your changes all changes are immediate. You can check out the developer's demonstration video below:

For a mobile-friendly video link that works with our app, tap on the video link below:

YouTube Video

If you would like to give Sticky a try, it's available in Cydia's ModMyi repository right now for just 99. Sticky works on all iOS 7 devices, including the iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad.

Name: Sticky
    Price: 99
    Version: 1.1.3
    Requirements: iOS 7.0-7.0.6
    Tested on: iPhone 5 running iOS 7.0.6
    Repo: ModMyi
    Developer: william_vab
    Editor's Rating: / 4.5/5
    2014-04-23 05:11 AM
    No 5/5
    2014-04-23 06:17 AM
    I was excited, until I saw the $0.99 price sticker.

......beware......
    Just your friendly neighborhood Spider-Man!
    2014-04-23 11:59 PM
    No 5/5
    I think the sticky note is a tad ugly and could use a facelift, I believe the 4.5/5 is warranted in terms of aesthetics here; all functionally working properly, on the other hand, so I think only .5 Apples is fair.
    Last edited by Anthony Bouchard; 2014-04-25 at 04:29 PM.
    2014-04-25 04:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD