From the Changes tab in Cydia, you will notice a new free jailbreak tweak called DoubleRandomPass by iOS developer switchpwn.

This neat new tweak is another anti-people-staring-over-your-shoulder-at-your-screen-to-steal-your-passcode tweak. More importantly, it's the way that the tweak functions differently from previous tweaks that have tried to do the same thing that sets it apart.

You may remember our recent review of DoublePass, which would make you enter your passcode twice in a row to make it look like you got it wrong the first time. While this was a pretty good idea to help make nosy people think your passcode was wrong when you entered it, all they would have to to is keep watching to see that your passcode was actually correct when you entered it the second time.

DoubleRandomPass helps in a better way, by first telling you that your true passcode is wrong, and then making you enter a completely random passcode after that to unlock the device. This way, the person looking over your shoulder will think that the incorrect passcode is the right passcode to unlock the device, rather than seeing you enter the correct passcode again like you would with DoublePass.

Since your device denied your correct password first too, the nosy person won't have a clue. On the other hand, like other tweaks in its class, it's not fail-proof, so use it at your own risk. (In other words, some people are smart, and may catch on after a while)

If you would like to give DoubleRandomPass a try, it's available for free in Cydia's BigBoss repository. It does require iOS 7, and you will need to have a passcode enabled on your device to use the tweak. There are no options to configure.

Name: DoubleRandomPass
    Price: FREE
    Version: 1.0
    Requirements: iOS 7.0-7.0.6
    Tested on: iPhone 5 running iOS 7.0.6
    Repo: BigBoss
    Developer: switchpwn
    Editor's Rating:  4/5
    Last edited by Anthony Bouchard; 2014-05-12 at 07:08 AM.
    2014-05-12 07:06 AM
    This is a really a clever idea. Thumbs up.
    2014-05-12 01:58 PM
    They should program all debit card readers to do this.
    2014-05-12 10:56 PM
    This didn't work for me. After installing and entering my passcode, followed by a vibration indicating it was wrong, I entered random numbers, but the phone continued to vibrate after entering the random numbers.

I was locked out of my phone and had to reboot into safe mode to remove the app. I'm not sure if it paired with another app was causing the issue.
    2014-05-13 06:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD