Fair point.. 95% jailbreakers 5% non...
    2014-05-15 03:15 PM
    Not that your numbers are anything more than a guess, but sometimes 5% can be a very important number. What's that percentage of how many iOS devices are jailbroken again?

Regardless, we are losing the point of the thread and the question, it was just one explanation as to why the MMi app is in the app store instead of cydia. Do you think it should be in cydia rather than in the app store? Yes/No? Why?
    2014-05-15 03:27 PM
    I was only making a wild guess about the %.. .. But let's face it.. It's about the advertising dollars. Not complaining.. It's a reality of life.. MMi needs a staff, that takes $. Couldn't make enough $ having it be Cydia only. All good..

If it were a Cydia tweak it probably would have had more issues than it's had as an Apple app. Apple apps have to meet a standard.. That's why it's in "the approval" process right now I'm thinkin'.

Hey - a couple hours ago there was a thread called "ModMyi app LIVE".. That thread's now gone.. False start?
    Last edited by NewD; 2014-05-15 at 04:29 PM.
    2014-05-15 03:35 PM
    Heh, one of my posts is in the screenshot. That's pretty awesome! Thanks Anthony. Please do this more often.
    2014-05-15 04:41 PM
    I was only making a wild guess about the %.. .. But let's face it.. It's about the advertising dollars. Not complaining.. It's a reality of life.. MMi needs a staff, that takes $. Couldn't make enough $ having it be Cydia only. All good..

If it were a Cydia tweak it probably would have had more issues than it's had as an Apple app. Apple apps have to meet a standard.. That's why it's in "the approval" process right now I'm thinkin'.

Hey - a couple hours ago there was a thread called "ModMyi app LIVE".. That thread's now gone.. False start?
    Exactly. More reach. Much larger user base on App Store than on cydia. And I'm sure it isn't all about the money. More people reached the more can learn about jailbreaking and become part of our ~5%.
    2014-05-15 04:50 PM
    Exactly. More reach. Much larger user base on App Store than on cydia. And I'm sure it isn't all about the money. More people reached the more can learn about jailbreaking and become part of our ~5%.
    Actually 'we're' (JB-ers) the 95% of folks at Mmi.. is what i said.. We (JB-ers) 'are' only about 2% of all iPhone users -- maybe that's what you meant..
    2014-05-15 05:15 PM
    And yet ModMyi is a forum useful, really, only for jail broken phones. So that logic doesn't quite fly, Anthony, does it..
    It's for news too. Much of it having nothing to do with jailbreaks.
    2014-05-15 05:30 PM
    It's for news too. Much of it having nothing to do with jailbreaks.
    "Much" of the news? Maybe.. But the overall content of the forum is exactly what its name says: "Mod My i(Phone)" - makes clear the forum's market.
    2014-05-15 06:47 PM
    Actually 'we're' (JB-ers) the 95% of folks at Mmi.. is what i said.. We (JB-ers) 'are' only about 2% of all iPhone users -- maybe that's what you meant..
    I know what you said, I wasn't referring to us though here being the 5%, obviously I meant jailbreakers. Not sure where you get your 2% figure from, Saurik has stated the percentage fluctuates somewhere between 5-12% depending on the current status of a jailbreak being available.
    2014-05-15 06:51 PM
    I know what you said, I wasn't referring to us though here being the 5%, obviously I meant jailbreakers. Not sure where you get your 2% figure from, Saurik has stated the percentage fluctuates somewhere between 5-12% depending on the current status of a jailbreak being available.
    I'd be interested at how Saurik arrived at his calculation... It could be Apple propaganda putting out the 2% number. But I've read it in more than 1 place.. But not recently..

Suffice it to say.. We're an insignificant blip on Apples radar..
    2014-05-15 06:54 PM
    Sure am looking forward to that app update
    2014-05-15 07:03 PM
    "Much" of the news? Maybe.. But the overall content of the forum is exactly what its name says: "Mod My i(Phone)" - makes clear the forum's market.
    I'm just saying that there's no reason to limit the forum app to the Cydia store. There are more than jailbreak modders here. Numbers schmumbers.

Sure am looking forward to that app update
    Me too, buddy.
    Last edited by Anthony Bouchard; 2014-05-15 at 07:36 PM.
    2014-05-15 07:32 PM
    aaahhhhh why isn't it here yet???
    2014-05-15 07:42 PM
    Hurry up apple!!!⏳⌛️⏳⌛️⏳⌛️⌚️⌚️⌚️⌚️
    2014-05-15 10:19 PM
    Still waiting...
    2014-05-16 03:48 PM
    My eyes are starting to hurt from being peeled so long...
    2014-05-16 04:07 PM
    Good news, but "In the mean time, you can like us on Facebook,"

No, I don't like it now, NOBODY crashes their own site just to make a new version of an app. Lame!!
    2014-05-16 10:48 PM
    Good news, but "In the mean time, you can like us on Facebook,"

No, I don't like it now, NOBODY crashes their own site just to make a new version of an app. Lame!!
    Funny how you can post on a site that is supposedly crashed. For the record only the news section is affected by the impending app update. And only on the MMi app. And only under the news tab in the MMi app. You can still view and post in the news section just fine under the latest tab.

Nobody over exaggerates the situation just to troll a forum. Lame!! Lol
    Last edited by Simon; 2014-05-17 at 01:56 AM.
    2014-05-17 01:53 AM
    funny how you can post on a site that is supposedly crashed. For the record only the news section is affected by the impending app update. And only on the mmi app. And only under the news tab in the mmi app. You can still view and post in the news section just fine under the latest tab.

Nobody over exaggerates the situation just to troll a forum. Lame!! Lol :d
    +1
    2014-05-18 05:29 PM

Seriously you love to post all of these % as if you know all the data and peoples motivation as to why they do something.

AppStore reaches 100% of iPhone owners, Cydia does not. So by your logic I guess if someone lost their jailbreak or choses not to jailbreak that they should not have the ability to have the app on their phone.

I chose to update and am not currently jail breaking but like to keep up with what is going on.

If the AppStore is on everyone's phone and the app can be hosted on the AppStore why limit the audience?
    2014-05-18 08:57 PM
141 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD