You probably remember our review of Apex last year by iOS development team Ałtweaks. It's a really cool folder replacement jailbreak tweak for iOS 6 that lets you group similar applications in a user-friendly way. It comes complete with fluid animations, controls that make sense, and functionality that feels right.

One of the lead members and designers of Ałtweaks, Sentry_NC, has just teased Apex 2, an upcoming version of the tweak with full compatibility with iOS 7. iOS developer caughtinflux will be the brilliant mind behind the code behind Apex 2. The tease was posted via a Vine link on Twitter, and we've embedded the Vine video for you below:

<iframe class="vine-embed" src="https://vine.co/v/MX1WiVPOZF9/embed/simple" width="600" height="600" frameborder="0"></iframe><script async src="//platform.vine.co/static/scripts/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Apex 2 lets you add similar applications together around an application in a "+" shape. The application groups are accessed by swiping up or down on an application icon. Small "+" buttons are displayed when more applications can be added to the group. You can close out of a group by tapping anywhere outside of the Apex 2 interface.

The application icons of those in an application group are hidden from view and peek out behind the main application in the Apex 2 group.

We will be sure to keep you updated on the release of Apex 2 and follow up with a full review when the time comes, so stay tuned!

Sources: Sentry_NC
    2014-05-16 12:36 AM
    I'm probably in the minority here, but this just looks stupid.
    2014-05-16 01:09 AM
    Wow...what a great idea!! I never saw this last year 😧. (Not that it matters but I was sick for 8 months last year. So I guess I missed it &#128561 I LUV MY TWEAKS!!

AND for stupid who says it looks stupid. I guess you don't have many folders or social media apps that you need to get to😏. No more having to scroll threw a folder for exactly what you want. LOVE IT!!! Thanks for all your hard work to make this. Bless The Devs 😉👍❤️💜
    2014-05-16 03:16 AM
    I'm probably in the minority here, but this just looks stupid.
    You were the absolute majority - until I got here!
    2014-05-16 04:45 AM
    AND for stupid who says it looks stupid. I guess you don't have many folders or social media apps that you need to get to��. No more having to scroll threw a folder for exactly what you want. LOVE IT!!! Thanks for all your hard work to make this. Bless The Devs ����❤️��
    I don't see how this is better than group. It is harder, or less precise, than opening a group. It holds less items than a group. If there is a group, you don't need to scroll anything. Just move your most used nine, or more with tweaks, apps to the first page of the group and there isn't any scrolling.

If this is something you like and works for you, that's fantastic. But it looks, to me, like a less useful version of a group that is trickier to activate.
    2014-05-16 07:40 AM
    This looks gorgeous... however it doesn't seem practical for users who tend to shove all their games etc into one folder. More than 12-16 apps in a folder will be uncomfortable to handle in this tweak. This is good for users with just a couple of apps in every folder.
    Love the idea of how it opens up in all directions with a bounce. Hopefully there will be some workaround to handle more than 12-16 apps...
    2014-05-16 09:10 AM
    useful for me...
    2014-05-16 12:39 PM
    This looks gorgeous... however it doesn't seem practical for users who tend to shove all their games etc into one folder. More than 12-16 apps in a folder will be uncomfortable to handle in this tweak. This is good for users with just a couple of apps in every folder.
    Love the idea of how it opens up in all directions with a bounce. Hopefully there will be some workaround to handle more than 12-16 apps...
    This is better for grouping applications that are like each other. For example, putting Twitter/Facebook/Instagram together, Google Maps/Apple Maps together, YouTube/Vimeo together, and such like that. Folders are better for people with plenty of games installed.
    2014-05-16 05:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD