If you're a Windows user and you're familiar with the Alt+Tab command that allows you to move between your running applications without using your mouse, then you might be happy to know that iOS developer twodayslate has just created a new free jailbreak tweak for iOS dubbed flipflop to let you do something similar on the mobile operating system.

With the tweak installed, you can head over to your Activator preferences pane and choose an Activator action of your choice for moving between running or last-used applications:

The developer does note that you should use Auxo 2 or Activator to make sure you are able to get to the Home Screen after installing (so with that being said, we'd recommend you set up Auxo 2 or Activator before you start using the tweak):

Warning! This overrides your home/menu button. It is recommended you use Auxo 2 or an Activator action to close apps in order to go to springboard. If you don't do this, you will be stuck between just two apps. Or you can just use the switcher.
    The developer also notes that the tweak conflicts with AppSlide and SlideBack, so if you use either of these tweaks, you will want to choose between using them or using flipflop.

When you invoke the Activator action that you choose while in an application, the last application that you used will move to the foreground so you can start using it. This is convenience for faster and more efficient multitasking.

If you would like to give flipflop a try, the tweak is available for free right now in Cydia's BigBoss repository. It is an open source jailbreak tweak, so you can view the tweak's source code on Github via this link.

Name: flipflop
    Price: FREE
    Version: 0.0.1-2
    Requirements: iOS 7.0-7.0.6, Activator
    Tested on: iPhone 5 running iOS 7.0.6
    Repo: BigBoss
    Developer: twodayslate
    Editor's Rating:  4/5
    2014-05-21 02:39 AM
    So, essentially LastApp? (an identical tweak that was also open source)

I'm all for free, open source tweaks, but maybe developers should spend a little bit of time checking if there's an existing solution out there.
    2014-05-21 03:26 AM
    So, essentially LastApp? (an identical tweak that was also open source)

I'm all for free, open source tweaks, but maybe developers should spend a little bit of time checking if there's an existing solution out there.
    Does LastApp work on iOS 7? I haven't tried it since last year.
    2014-05-21 05:18 AM
    Does LastApp work on iOS 7? I haven't tried it since last year.
    It's been updated for ios7 but if you read the alt-tab comparison in the article it seems to function differently than last app or even app slide in that it keeps going through your recent history instead of just your last one or two apps.
    2014-05-21 11:37 AM
    Perfect for Mitt Romney.
    2014-05-21 12:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD