User Tag List

It's compatible now !! After the new jailbreak ., LockHTML and Passcode no longer crash when used together!!
    That is gangsta!

Edit:

Correction, I just experienced a crash using LockHTML with Widget Weather on Dacal's Animated Touch LS.

Man this sucks!
    Last edited by EVO; 2014-06-24 at 10:16 AM.
    2014-06-24 08:05 AM
    A1428

Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi
    I think we will find no a1428 models will work yet. Jailbreak prob needs an update for this model i5.
    2014-06-24 12:59 PM
    That is gangsta!

Edit:

Correction, I just experienced a crash using LockHTML with Widget Weather on Dacal's Animated Touch LS.

Man this sucks!
    Yeah sucks! The only testing where I heard positive results was Groovylock + high animation + Passcode = stable. But there are no touch functions in GL. I'd be very interested to hear if there's any crashing using Convergence as the lock screen player in the new jailbreak with high animation and passcode lock on. Anyone tried that yet?
    2014-06-24 01:38 PM
    I think we will find no a1428 models will work yet. Jailbreak prob needs an update for this model i5.
    Ok so 2 phones out of millions. Has anyone else had an issue with using a1428?

Hi. Does anyone know is iBlacklist available in the app store? can it only be purchased outside the app store? If so, is it hard to install? Thanks everyone.
    2014-06-24 08:08 PM
    Ok so 2 phones out of millions. Has anyone else had an issue with using a1428?

Nope, doesn't seem to be the issue after all. Others with a1428 have confirmed it working for them. Not sure why it still won't work on mine.
    2014-06-24 10:35 PM
    Nope, doesn't seem to be the issue after all. Others with a1428 have confirmed it working for them. Not sure why it still won't work on mine.
    I seriously believe this is a problem with 32GB and 64GB models of the a1428.

All 16GB models seem to be fine, but those with 32GB and 64GB models are the only ones reporting any problems. I've jailbroken 2 16GB models already.
    2014-06-26 09:30 PM
    So was finally able to jailbreak my i5. Idea on how to fix it came from someone posting on my youtube video about it. They mentioned how the flex cable of the screen could be to blame. So I looked into it a bit and saw how people with after market screen replacements can sometimes have their NAND affected by them. I have a after market screen on my i5. So I took the screen off of my wife's completely stock i5 and put it on mine. Jailbreak worked first time after that. So something about my non-Apple original screen the jailbreak did not like.
    2014-06-27 12:24 AM
    So was finally able to jailbreak my i5. Idea on how to fix it came from someone posting on my youtube video about it. They mentioned how the flex cable of the screen could be to blame. So I looked into it a bit and saw how people with after market screen replacements can sometimes have their NAND affected by them. I have a after market screen on my i5. So I took the screen off of my wife's completely stock i5 and put it on mine. Jailbreak worked first time after that. So something about my non-Apple original screen the jailbreak did not like.
    Amazing. NEVER would have guessed that.. So many variables. Oy..
    2014-06-27 12:35 AM
    Just to add to the crazyness put the after market screen back on it after the successful jailbreak and now phone won't reboot again. Displays same issue from my video. Put stock apple screen back on for second time and phone boots up again like normal. Cydia still there like it should be. So something the jailbreak alters in the startup sequence does not like the after market screen.
    2014-06-27 01:24 AM
    Just to add to the crazyness put the after market screen back on it after the successful jailbreak and now phone won't reboot again. Displays same issue from my video. Put stock apple screen back on for second time and phone boots up again like normal. Cydia still there like it should be. So something the jailbreak alters in the startup sequence does not like the after market screen.
    Maybe you should put the aftermarket one on your wife's then go to the Apple Store with a somehow broken wife's screen, and get a new Apple one :P.
    2014-06-27 01:43 AM
    Maybe you should put the aftermarket one on your wife's then go to the Apple Store with a somehow broken wife's screen, and get a new Apple one :P.
    Remember where I live lol? No apple store here. But I did switch them for now. Her phone is not jailbroken, so hers is keeping the after market screen for now as it works fine on hers. Shhh, don't tell her....lol
    2014-06-27 01:46 AM
    Remember where I live lol? No apple store here. But I did switch them for now. Her phone is not jailbroken, so hers is keeping the after market screen for now as it works fine on hers. Shhh, don't tell her....lol
    That is the just darn weirdest thing I've heard on MMi. What could a piece of physical hardware have to do with this equation?!.. Don't doubt you for a second, Simon, but.... wow!!
    2014-06-27 02:18 AM
    I'm thinkin' user error. lol n00b.
    smaller sig.png
    2014-06-27 02:51 AM
    That is the just darn weirdest thing I've heard on MMi. What could a piece of physical hardware have to do with this equation?!.. Don't doubt you for a second, Simon, but.... wow!!
    I know right

I'm thinkin' user error. lol n00b.
    I'll give you user error! Lol
    2014-06-27 02:52 AM
    When iOS 7 came out, I had a ip4S that I did a complete screen/back chrome replacement on. I also had the light mod installed on it.

When I updated, the screen would show up then slowly dissolve away. I thought the screen had already gone bad but it turned out that the light mod was the culprit...?

Prior to iOS 7, the light mod worked flawlessly.
    2014-06-27 03:56 AM
    When iOS 7 came out, I had a ip4S that I did a complete screen/back chrome replacement on. I also had the light mod installed on it.

When I updated, the screen would show up then slowly dissolve away. I thought the screen had already gone bad but it turned out that the light mod was the culprit...?

Prior to iOS 7, the light mod worked flawlessly.
    That's kind of what happened in the video I posted. The white screen with enjoy your jailbreak would come up then it would dissolve away just like you described it there.

Sent from my iPod touch using ModMyi
    2014-06-27 03:59 AM
    That's kind of what happened in the video I posted. The white screen with enjoy your jailbreak would come up then it would dissolve away just like you described it there.

Sent from my iPod touch using ModMyi
    Crazy!?!? Curious how many other jailbreakers w/ replaced screens had this happen.
    2014-06-27 06:35 AM
    I seriously believe this is a problem with 32GB and 64GB models of the a1428.

All 16GB models seem to be fine, but those with 32GB and 64GB models are the only ones reporting any problems. I've jailbroken 2 16GB models already.
    Hmmmm. My wife has a 32GB A1428 iPhone 5. I was hoping the Mac version of Pangu would be out by now, but I might try it this weekend with Parallels.

Kupe
    2014-06-27 10:14 PM
58 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD