Can I update my iPad 4 (with retina display) OTA? I remember that not being possible in the past. Or, do I need to download the full IPSW file, restore, and the rest?
    2014-07-02 03:23 AM
    I have detected an error in the application of the weather. The animations do not work. Someone happens to you.
    (One iPhone 5 and one iPhone 5S) (Pangu for Mac) (iOs 7.1.2)
    Thank you
    2014-07-02 12:21 PM
    i have iphone 4s on 7.0.6, planning on upgrading to 7.1.2 and JB with pangu, just like to ask if these are the correct steps:

1. back up to itunes
    2. dfu and restore to 7.1.2
    3. restore from back up
    4. JB with pangu

thanks

P.S. should i install something from cydia after the jailbreak process???
    2014-07-04 02:22 AM
    Nope, it should be 1. 2. 4. 3.....after the jailbreak, install Cydia Substrate and Apple File Conduit 2....the rest is up to you
    Last edited by bbrks; 2014-07-05 at 10:22 PM.
    2014-07-04 07:02 PM
    all I get is Loading resources, please wait...anyone else having this issue?
    If my 2 cents helped ya, Thank me by hitting the Thanks Button!
    2014-07-07 12:52 AM
    all I get is Loading resources, please wait...anyone else having this issue?
    The JB can sometimes be a little buggy.

I suggest restore, and try the jailbreak again.

I've had a couple of buggy situations with the jailbreak, but nothing to worry about, just annoyed
    2014-07-07 01:06 AM
    Nope, it should be 1. 2. 4. 3.....after the jailbreak, install Cydia Substrate and Apple File Conduit 2....the rest is up to you
    thanks a lot
    2014-07-07 01:18 PM
    The pongu app does not show up on my iPhone 4s..any help?
    2014-07-08 01:11 AM
    The most strangest restore on my iPhone 4 ever happened to tonight while restoring to 7.1.2.
    While I was waiting for the apple bar to finish and it succeeded to restore iPhone 4(7.1.2) when my iPhone open for the first time all the apps were already on my device! usually I would have to tick off the boxes in iTunes in apps and music etc but I did not have to do this at all for the first time ever and I have been restoring iPhones since iOS 2.1.
    So everything is on my phone exactly where it was before the restore even all the apps were in exact position.now I did not put my iPhone 4 in dfu mode I just wanted to see what would happen if I just hit restore and update in iTunes on my Win7 desktop and it was updated to 7.1.2 from 7.1.1.Probably that's the reason that the update was only a small fix for email encryption(28mb).but I did the same on my iPad 3 on 7.0.6 and in iTunes backed it up first and hit restore and the exact same thing happen and it only took 5minutes usaully I would leave the room once iTunes was downloading all my apps and music etc which would take about 50min,if anyone else has the same restoring to 7.1.2 situation please let me know.sorry for the long story.

Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi
    2014-07-08 02:40 AM
    The most strangest restore on my iPhone 4 ever happened to tonight while restoring to 7.1.2.
    While I was waiting for the apple bar to finish and it succeeded to restore iPhone 4(7.1.2) when my iPhone open for the first time all the apps were already on my device! usually I would have to tick off the boxes in iTunes in apps and music etc but I did not have to do this at all for the first time ever and I have been restoring iPhones since iOS 2.1.
    So everything is on my phone exactly where it was before the restore even all the apps were in exact position.now I did not put my iPhone 4 in dfu mode I just wanted to see what would happen if I just hit restore and update in iTunes on my Win7 desktop and it was updated to 7.1.2 from 7.1.1.Probably that's the reason that the update was only a small fix for email encryption(28mb).but I did the same on my iPad 3 on 7.0.6 and in iTunes backed it up first and hit restore and the exact same thing happen and it only took 5minutes usaully I would leave the room once iTunes was downloading all my apps and music etc which would take about 50min,if anyone else has the same restoring to 7.1.2 situation please let me know.sorry for the long story.

Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi
    Same thing happen to me, I get the done message the Pangu is gone but I have no Cydia... any aideas?
    2014-07-10 01:00 AM
    Same thing happen to me, I get the done message the Pangu is gone but I have no Cydia... any aideas?
    Pangu does have some minor bugs, but it's stable once its jailbroken.

I've had that issue a couple times. Just run the Pangu jailbreak again, and you should be fine.
    2014-07-10 01:43 AM
    The JB can sometimes be a little buggy.

I suggest restore, and try the jailbreak again.

I've had a couple of buggy situations with the jailbreak, but nothing to worry about, just annoyed
    I can't even get into the jailbreak..pangu runs then only says Loading Resources, please wait..and nothing happens. The Jailbreak button is grayed out and not useable. I have tried many different ways of starting it i.e. with itunes open, closed, starting pangu without being plugged in and with..nothing
    If my 2 cents helped ya, Thank me by hitting the Thanks Button!
    2014-07-12 09:57 AM
    Turn off any AntiVirus Software and Firewall and try again....and also, try with another cable, could be also a connection problem...
    2014-07-12 10:58 AM
    I have an issue, I have an ATT iPhone 5 that I upgraded from 706 to 712.

Did a full restore and update. I have tried Pangu at least ten times, the first time I did get a "done" message but no Cydia. Each time after that I got "Time outs" "Cache File Errors" "Unable to Detect Reboot" and just freezes. I did a restore and setup as a new phone and got the "done" message again, Yay. But no Cydia, Boo.

I have restarted the Mac, the phone, and redownloaded Pangu.

Does anyone have any suggestion, please. Thank you!!

-Bill
    2014-07-12 11:52 PM
    I am a newby but wont doing 3 after 4 kill the JB? And what is a"dfu"? I understand i have to install cydia but what is apple file conduit 2?
    I have an unactivated 5C from Sprint with 7.1.1 and am going to try to JB and use pdanet+ or tetherme to get the wifi hotspot running.
    Am I way off track?
    Any help appreciated.
    raylonr
    2014-07-14 07:18 AM
    I got a message the process was done. Then my phone appeared to reboot. Now, the screen alternates between the Apple logo and the Pangu screen then it goes black for a moment. It won't turn on. Can anyone help me?
    2014-07-16 01:19 AM
    I got a message the process was done. Then my phone appeared to reboot. Now, the screen alternates between the Apple logo and the Pangu screen then it goes black for a moment. It won't turn on. Can anyone help me?
    So, I've tried JB-ing my 4s (7.1.2) three times. All three times I bricked it. Luckily, Apple has a way to un-brick it.
    2014-07-17 06:44 AM
    Hello can any body pls help me, I'm having problem with my soft bank Iphone 4S.. phone gets unlocked but no other sim accepted by the phone..
    2014-08-05 02:35 AM
    Hello can any body pls help me, I'm having problem with my soft bank Iphone 4S.. phone gets unlocked but no other sim accepted by the phone..
    Explain more, you had it factory (carrier) unlocked? What service did you use?
    2014-08-05 02:52 AM
    Anyone else having Pangu app "quit unexpectedly" in the middle of jailbreak (when phone is rebooting)? "Waiting for response, please make sure your device is not password protected" then crash.
    2014-08-13 07:54 AM
43 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD