There is an accessibility option in iOS 7 called "Button Shapes" that attempts to make navigation buttons easier to see in the flatter user interface style of iOS 7. When you enable this option, all other buttons in iOS 7 will appear with underlines under the labels, as you can see in the screenshot example above.

A new free jailbreak tweak called NoButtonShapeUnderline by iOS developer nin9tyfour will remove the ugly underlines from those button labels, but still allow you to keep the somewhat cool-looking button shapes for your navigation buttons. Shown above, you can see how the tweak removes the underlines from your button labels.

The tweak adds a preferences pane to the Settings application where you can enable or disable the tweak on demand. You will need to respring for any changes here to take effect, so luckily, a respring button is provided for you:

The Button Shapes feature in iOS' accessibility options can be found in Settings>General>Accessibility>Button Shapes, as shown below:

This option has to be turned on for NoButtonShapeUnderline to have any effect on your iOS 7 device, and as you can see, with the option enabled, your navigation buttons now have a shape around them to help you better see that it's a button and not just a label. While that might be the accessibility use for this feature, some might just enable it because it looks cool.

If you want to give NoButtonShapeUnderline a try, it's available for free right now in Cydia's BigBoss repository. iOS 7 is required to install this tweak.

Name: NoButtonShapeUnderline
    Price: FREE
    Version: 1.0-1
    Requirements: iOS 7.0-7.1.2
    Tested on: iPhone 5 running iOS 7.1.2
    Repo: BigBoss
    Developer: nin9tyfour
    Editor's Rating:  4/5

You can watch our video review of NoButtonShapeUnderline below:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/csPTeKUacAI?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
    Last edited by Anthony Bouchard; 2014-07-03 at 05:07 AM.
    2014-07-02 04:33 PM
    Maybe I don't understand what this does...
    I turn on Button Shapes in the Settings.app and then install this tweak to remove it?!?!

I could just NOT turn on Button Shapes and get the same results...right?
    2014-07-02 08:00 PM
    Maybe I don't understand what this does...
    I turn on Button Shapes in the Settings.app and then install this tweak to remove it?!?!

I could just NOT turn on Button Shapes and get the same results...right?
    If you would read a lot more carefully, it removes the UNDERLINE when the accessibility option "Button Shapes". It does not remove button shapes when button shapes is on.
    2014-07-02 09:40 PM
    If you would read a lot more carefully, it removes the UNDERLINE when the accessibility option "Button Shapes". It does not remove button shapes when button shapes is on.
    I did read...and then I tried it. I don't see this 'Button Shape' it's referring to.
    2014-07-02 10:50 PM
    I did read...and then I tried it. I don't see this 'Button Shape' it's referring to.
    What version of iOS are you running?
    2014-07-03 05:07 AM

Don't worry about it. I really don't care that much! LOL!
    2014-07-03 04:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD