If you've seen the iOS 8 beta already, then you know that the upcoming quick reply functionality for text messages and iMessages is going to save you a lot of time so that you won't have to unlock your device and visit your Messages application to reply to incoming messages, or close out of the application you're in to reply to incoming messages.

iOS developer Mohamed Marbouh has just released a new jailbreak tweak called Interactive Message Notifications that allows you to bring this great quick reply functionality to iOS 7 in the form of the iOS 8-styled interface, as shown above.

With the tweak installed, whenever you get an incoming text message or iMessage from somebody, you can drag down on the slider at the bottom of the notification banner, and the tweak will kick in. You will get a quick reply bar and a black keyboard, while the rest of your background is all blurred out.

The tweak also appears to work with WhatsApp Messenger – if you are using SmartClose, you will need to add WhatsApp to the tweak's whitelist.

There are no options to configure for this tweak and it's pretty straight forward to use. It doesn't appear to let you quick reply from the Lock Screen like you can in iOS 8 though, unfortunately.

If you would like to give Interactive Message Notifications a try, it's available right now for just 99 in Cydia's BigBoss repository. The tweak requires any version of iOS 7 to be installed.

Name: Interactive Message Notifications
    Price: 99
    Version: 0.3-1
    Requirements: iOS 7.0-7.1.2
    Tested on: iPhone 5 running iOS 7.1.2
    Repo: BigBoss
    Developer: Mohamed Marbouh
    Editor's Rating:  4/5

You can watch our video review below:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/oJyvuLuQ7oQ?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
    Last edited by Anthony Bouchard; 2014-07-07 at 05:34 AM.
    2014-07-07 01:33 AM
    Love it so far!

Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi
    2014-07-07 03:11 AM
    Anthony - typo fourth paragraph... "if you are suing SmartClose" - I hope not many people are litigating SmartClose to use this tweak!
    Keep up the great work!
    2014-07-07 04:02 AM
    Not too different from messages+.

Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi
    2014-07-07 04:10 AM
    Waiting for the lockscreen support!
    2014-07-07 02:24 PM
    not working for me on 4s 7.1.2
    2014-07-07 06:29 PM
    BiteSMS does lock screen :]
    2014-07-07 08:49 PM
    BiteSMS is always one of my best tweaks for iMessages!!!
    2014-07-09 01:06 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD