Yes, it took time. But T-Mobile's fortunes have finally turned around.

On Thursday morning, the company reported earnings for the second quarter of 2014 and touted a profit of $391 million, surprising analysts and thrilling investors.

"We have completely reversed T-Mobile’s trajectory and started a revolution that is changing the rules in wireless," says CEO John Legere. "Now — with more than 50 million customers, 1.5 million customers added this quarter and five quarters in a row of over 1 million net new customers — we are proud to be the fastest-growing wireless company in America."

Although T-Mobile is still well behind AT&T and Verizon, T-Mobile is now fast approaching Sprint in size, which has around 55 million subscribers.

Since launching its s-called "Un-carrier" strategy last year, T-Mobile said today that its has transformed the wireless industry with such innovations as No Annual Service Contracts, equipment installment plans, the JUMP! device upgrade program, free international data roaming, and lifetime free data allowances for tablets.

Source: T-Mobile
    2014-07-31 06:38 PM
    Beautiful. To my knowledge, they've been making a lot of consumer-friendly decisions, and to the extent that I've been meaning to switch to them for some time now. With these profits, it would seem consumers agree, and I think it just goes to show that when you've got a cesspool of guys like AT&T and Verizon, the guy who bites the bullet and actually tries providing good service will come out ahead.

Sprint's trying too. Lord knows they're trying. But they're just not very good.
    2014-07-31 06:56 PM
    Beautiful. To my knowledge, they've been making a lot of consumer-friendly decisions, and to the extent that I've been meaning to switch to them for some time now. With these profits, it would seem consumers agree, and I think it just goes to show that when you've got a cesspool of guys like AT&T and Verizon, the guy who bites the bullet and actually tries providing good service will come out ahead.

Sprint's trying too. Lord knows they're trying. But they're just not very good.
    I agreed with sprint..trying so hard up here... I barely have ltE or yet 3G in my area...bad connection always.. I think I might say bye bye .. N switch to t-mobile later this year...

Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi
    2014-07-31 08:31 PM
    T-Maybe will truly become competitive when they extend their coverage. Otherwise, no matter how hard they try, ATT will stay on top even with their higher prices. After all there is no reason to have new equipment on the network that has minimal reception.
    2014-08-01 10:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD