Reports are claiming that for the first time ever, usage on iOS has been trailing behind the Android operating system. Although everyone knows that Android has held the majority share when it comes to the number of installed users, Apple always held the title for most usage on a mobile operating system. However, the Cupertino-based company has been dethroned of that title according to research from Net Applications.

According to the research, in July, iOS traffic dropped 1.42% from 45.61% to 44.19% whereas Android’s operating system increased from 43.75% to 44.62%. Another surprising fact is that Windows Phone also saw an increase in traffic this summer to 2.49% in July, up from just under 1% in April. We are not sure if these numbers will change, as it is known that Apple will be launching a few products in the upcoming months. However, in the past few months, Android has also announced a few handsets ranging from the Samsung Galaxy S5 to the LG G3.

We’re sure there will be a huge fluctuation in numbers since Apple will be releasing a variety of upcoming devices in the Fall. We’ll just have to wait and see.

Source: Net Applications

Twitter: @AkshayMasand
    2014-08-05 12:10 AM
    Its because terrorists prefer it
    2014-08-05 12:20 AM
    When the 6 comes online the percentage will increase to 45-46. Not a significant change but enough to take back the majority share. You heard it here first folks

Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi
    2014-08-05 12:31 AM
    Just until the iPhone 6 is out.

But seriously, Android phones are everywhere.
    2014-08-05 12:34 AM
    This is only because android comes on cheap phones through to expensive phones

2014-08-05 01:27 AM
    Its because terrorists prefer it
    I guess so but there's no such thing as terrorist they're USA made.
    The whole al-qaeda thing is a lie. If not then they're just a bunch of funded brainwashed gang member retards like the ones in the army/navy/airforce/etc.

fake-alciada.jpg
    2014-08-05 02:17 AM
    The whole al-qaeda thing is a lie. If not then they're just a bunch of funded brainwashed gang member retards like the ones in the army/navy/airforce/etc.

fake-alciada.jpg
    That Robin Cook guy is a total whack-job nutcase. You do yourself a disservice by believing such nonsense.
    2014-08-05 03:58 AM
    Wow...just, wow...
    2014-08-05 04:28 AM
    I'm tired of all this analyst bs. One week thru say ios beats android then it's the other way round the next.
    2014-08-05 04:43 AM

fake-alciada.jpg
    I didn't know that I was a brainwashed retard.... Flipping idiot lol. Man people have to leave these drugs alone.

2014-08-05 06:08 AM
    If only Steve was here, he would've fixed it
    2014-08-05 11:55 AM
    2014-08-05 01:53 PM
    Again...wow...Android Gets Ahead of iOS in Global Usage

If only Steve was here, he would've fixed it
    Fixed what?
    2014-08-05 02:16 PM
    Again...wow...Android Gets Ahead of iOS in Global Usage

Fixed what?
    He would've jumped in with a helicopter, pointed a shotgun at Android and told it to stay the hell below iOS in the charts.
    2014-08-07 12:50 PM
    he would've jumped in with a helicopter, pointed a shotgun at android and told it to stay the hell below ios in the charts.
    lol!
    2014-08-07 02:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD