User Tag List

On Tuesday, the popular Pangu iOS 7.1, 7.1.1, and 7.1.2 jailbreak tool was updated once again after the recent update to version 1.2.0, which brought with it a number of improvements for jailbreakers.

Tuesday's update brings the application up to version 1.2.1. The update fixes a problem on Windows machines which could cause the jailbreak tool to unexpectedly crash in the middle of attempting to jailbreak your device(s). The full change log, as well as official download links for the new Pangu jailbreak tool are available on the Pangu Web site at this link.

The latest version of the Mac OS X Pangu jailbreak tool remains at version 1.2.0, as the Windows version of the tool was the only one that needed to be updated to fix this problem. You can also download Pangu 1.2.0 for Mac OS X and/or Pangu 1.2.1 for Windows from the official download links, which we have included for your convenience below:

If you haven't jailbroken your iOS 7.1.x device yet, you can view our guide on how to jailbreak your iOS 7.1.x device with Pangu at this link. Unless you were experiencing issues already, there is really no reason to restore and re-jailbreak with the new version of the Pangu jailbreak tool at this time.

Sources: Pangu
    2014-08-12 03:30 PM
    Is there a way of updating from 7.0.6 firmware (jailbreak w/ cydia tweaks) to 7.1.2 without losing my jailbreak and tweaks?
    If I helped you in any way, please click on the button!
    2014-08-12 03:38 PM
    Is there a way of updating from 7.0.6 firmware (jailbreak w/ cydia tweaks) to 7.1.2 without losing my jailbreak and tweaks?
    There are some backup solutions in Cydia, but I would recommend the best way to do things is just restoring the device via DFU mode and re-installing everything the manual way. There are less problems that way.
    2014-08-12 03:47 PM
    oh .1 is out, lets re-jailbreak.....duuuuu LOL
    2014-08-12 05:24 PM
    I downloaded Pangu via Google Chrome, and now when I try to open it to begin the process...it keeps failing and not opening. I am on a Macbook OSX...HELP??
    2014-08-12 06:07 PM
    I downloaded Pangu via Google Chrome, and now when I try to open it to begin the process...it keeps failing and not opening. I am on a Macbook OSX...HELP??
    What happens when you try to open it from your downloads folder?
    2014-08-12 06:19 PM
    Or just use Safari...
    2014-08-12 08:59 PM
    Oh god thanku . I didnt restored yesterday that i was going to do . Now im gonna do it today then re jailbreak
    2014-08-12 10:42 PM
    I don't know if anyone has seen any bugs with this one but I did my friends verizon i5 today with today's release version and now Siri doesn't work anymore. On my gsm i5c with the original version, everything works as should be.

Just throwing that out there in case anyone wants to use the newest version of Pangu.
    2014-08-13 02:04 AM
    I'm not about to put any crap on my phone that was developed by Chinese hackers.
    2014-08-14 05:55 AM
    I'm not about to put any crap on my phone that was developed by Chinese hackers.
    Yeah, I'm with you. Just to remind you guys, America is in a cyber war with China at the moment.
    2014-08-14 02:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD