I think it needs a few changes. How about a round home button, iOS 8, and an apple logo on the back side?
    2014-08-14 09:37 AM
    I'm not sure what this video of the Alpha is promoting...
    Ya looks like they are going for thinness. I swear Samsung?? Out of millions of colors to choose from you have to pic black, gold, and silver? Your marketing and sales crew couldn't think of maybe white, red, blue, purple, orange, or green?

Even used the diamond cut chauffeured edge technique too huh?
    Last edited by Carvensno; 2014-08-14 at 10:21 AM.
    2014-08-14 10:08 AM
    It looks like Samsung saw the iPhone 6 mockups and decided, "Yeah, let's make that! Then we'll brag about how we did it 'first'!"

Look, there's even a camera slider on the bottom right. Are you f'in kidding me?
    Well, technically, the 6 is supposed to be rounded. It looks more like they decided to take the ip5/5S body and make it 4.7"
    2014-08-14 03:44 PM
    Samung alpha and iphone 5s side by side.

Galaxy Apha vs iPhone 5s: ngoại thất | Tinhte.vn
    welcome to 2012
    2014-08-14 04:06 PM
    Iphone 6 and alpha will have a same screen size 4.7 when both phone come out they will sue each other for copycat, apple will sue samsung for copy their metal frame and samsung will sue apple fo copy their 4.7 screen size,we're even hahaha.
    Last edited by Nerd; 2014-08-14 at 04:43 PM.
    2014-08-14 04:36 PM
    IT LOOKS LIKE AN IPHONE! This is pathetic. F*** off android.
    2014-08-14 06:19 PM
    F*** off android.
    2014-08-14 06:25 PM
    Galaxy S5 copied Touch ID and failed at doing so. Alpha copies the metal frame with chamfered edges with bits at the top and bottom sticking out... Isn't that going to dig into your hands? These little sharp edges are only there to make it look different from apple's metal frame and try and avoid a patent lawsuit!
    2014-08-14 06:35 PM
    So... Samsung has just released their 4th generation of phones this year? Wow...

......beware......
    Just your friendly neighborhood Spider-Man!
    2014-08-14 07:22 PM
    "At less than 7 mm thick, the Galaxy Alpha is also one of the slimmest Galaxy devices ever
    Is that measurement at it's thickest points where the headphone jack, USB port, and camera buldge out?? I bet not. A device is only as thin as it's thickest point, not where you made it thinnest just to make a marketing claim.

Also, it is just hilarious how they straight-up copied Apple's metalic chamfered edge! What will the Adroid community do that made fun of it so much on the iPhone? I'm guessing they'll conveniently forget as they feverishly scour the internet for examples of chamfered edge products so they can deny any claims of copiying.
    2014-08-14 07:34 PM
    Is that measurement at it's thickest points where the headphone jack, USB port, and camera buldge out?? I bet not. A device is only as thin as it's thickest point, not where you made it thinnest just to make a marketing claim.

Also, it is just hilarious how they straight-up copied Apple's metalic chamfered edge! What will the Adroid community do that made fun of it so much on the iPhone? I'm guessing they'll conveniently forget as they feverishly scour the internet for examples of chamfered edge products so they can deny any claims of copiying.
    While I'm with you on the second paragraph, the picture makes it appear as though the phone is flat enough (like the iPhone believe it or not) that they might have measured from the thickest point.

......beware......
    Just your friendly neighborhood Spider-Man!
    2014-08-14 07:37 PM
    First it looks like its promoting that they are offering the same colors as the iPhone 5s. Second it looks like that you can set it up on its side so you don't have to look at the face of it. I think it's a solid campaign!
    True dat brother SMFH..... That's why I call them -----> SAMSUK!!!!!
    2014-08-15 01:02 AM
    Is this Galaxy (ha-ha) Alpha a 64-bit phone?
    2014-08-15 01:27 PM
    Still a cheap plastic back though! But it's good that Samsung realise people don't like their cheap looking plastic handsets!
    2014-08-16 01:52 PM
34 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD
We have updated our Privacy Policy and Terms & Conditions. Please check them out.