As the next-gen iPhone comes closer to being announced, rumors and leaks continue to surface. The latest rumor mentions that the next iPhone could be sporting the Qualcomm MDM9625 modem which would improve cellular download speeds to 150 megabits per second, a number that is roughly 50% faster than the modem found in the iPhone 5S.

For those of you who didn’t already know, Qualcomm announced its third-generation LTE chipset back in February of 2012 and began to ship it later that year. A recent post from the folks over at GeekBar states that Apple is set to use the LTE Advanced modem in its next-gen iPhone. If the statement turns out to be true, this would boost speeds by 50 megabits over the 100-Mbps speeds that are currently offered by the iPhone 5S. Furthermore, it should be noted that the rumor does seem to be somewhat true as Apple previously chose to use older and more readily available LTE chipsets in its latest iPhone models.

One thing we do know is that Apple is expected to hold a media event on September 9 where it is likely to introduce its next-gen iPhone. We’ll find out more concrete evidence of what the next-gen iPhone will be sporting once Apple officially announces it.

Source: GeekBar via GforGames

Twitter: @AkshayMasand
    2014-08-19 11:48 PM
    Only three more weeks!
    2014-08-20 12:35 AM
    That's nice to have newer tech, but what good is it? The bottle neck is the cell carriers smh lol cell carriers are at max 50Mb/s doesn't do us any good
    2014-08-20 04:03 AM
    I need Simultaneous voice and LTE ok CDMA iPhone 6. Other than that IDGAF what type of LTE equipment is used or what theoretical download speed it offers. My iPhone 5 is fast enough.
    2014-08-20 07:59 AM
    Shut up!! I want more battery dats it!!!
    2014-08-20 01:24 PM
    Can't wait to try it on my att throttled connection.

Yaaaaayy lamborghinis that don't go faster than 25mph.

So excited!!!
    2014-08-20 06:30 PM
    Data and voice on verizon please.....
    2014-08-21 01:21 AM
    I need Simultaneous voice and LTE ok CDMA iPhone 6. Other than that IDGAF what type of LTE equipment is used or what theoretical download speed it offers. My iPhone 5 is fast enough.
    The fact that the masses aren't talking about this as a top priority for an iPhone 6 is baffling to me. I have to hang up a verizon call so I can check to see if someone's email arrived. WTH? Other OS phones have had this capability for YEARS on Verizon's network. Truly mind boggling except when you consider carriers and handset suppliers will get away whatever they feel they are able to and the masses have clearly given they a pass on this issue thus far. This will be a decision point for me as I'm growing weary of seeing this no-brainier feature on essentially every handset on the market except the iPhone. Really want to like the iPhone six but a lack of simultaneous voice and data will make it very difficult for me.
    2014-08-21 05:40 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD