According to the folks over at Reuters, members of Apple’s supply chain are reportedly “scrambling to get enough screens ready” for the next-gen iPhone. The issue is forcing suppliers to redesign a key component in time for the launch.

This comes shortly after a separate screen technology issue which surfaced previously. The issue before was focused around the backlight of the “iPhone 6” which caused display production to be put on hold in both June and July. The Cupertino California company previously wanted to use a single backlight module to make the screen as thin as possible but the displays weren’t bright enough and Apple ended up having to go with another layer. The details on the most recent issue continue to remain scarce, with reports simply referring to a “key component” instead of specifying.

Details on the latest issue, however, were scant, simply referring to a "key component." It wasn’t made clear whether the problems would cause any delays but given previous releases, Apple somehow manages to get everything in order. The device is expected to be unveiled on September 9th at a media event, touting 4.7 inch and 5.5 inch screen sizes.
    We’ll have to wait and see if the issue turns out to be anything big.

Source: Reuters

Twitter: @AkshayMasand
    2014-08-22 10:19 PM
    It's the same thing every year. Lmao.
    2014-08-22 10:33 PM
    I think everything is fine! I think people need to shut up and quit starting rumors or talking crap to stir up drama. Because right now? If Apple doesn't have everything 100% and production hasn't started yet? Apple would be screwed for release in Sept. I just don't see that happening. Apple always has their ducks lined up in a row and ready to roll.
    2014-08-22 10:40 PM
    Exactly. Every company is always months and/or years ahead. The people who made god of war 3 came out in 2010. The behind the scenes were making it in 2008. Apple I'm sure knows what the iPhone 8 will look like. Apple I think has all the iPhones in warehouses somewhere already waiting. Creating more for the next shipment. I work at walmart. We got 8 pallets of Halloween candy in today. Don't let these companies fool you. They are always ahead somewhere. Somehow
    2014-08-23 02:38 AM
    It's the same thing every year. Lmao.
    I highly doubt it once you know the truth about this world we live in.

I think everything is fine! I think people need to shut up and quit starting rumors or talking crap to stir up drama. Because right now? If Apple doesn't have everything 100% and production hasn't started yet? Apple would be screwed for release in Sept. I just don't see that happening. Apple always has their ducks lined up in a row and ready to roll.
    No people need to question everything, there is no calm down in my book
    2014-08-23 06:53 AM
    This is nothing new. Apple can throw a near-unlimited amount of money at any problem and see it fixed
    2014-08-23 07:24 AM
    Building hype so it sells well on release day.
    2014-08-23 04:48 PM
    Building hype so it sells well on release day.
    along with the press being full of stories about queues and sellouts in every Apple store across the globe
    2014-08-23 07:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD