After many rumors and much anticipation, developer 2K games recently released a universal iOS port of BioShock. As previously reported, BioShock for iOS is a full port of the original game first released for Windows PCs and the Xbox back in 2007.

Those of you who arenít familiar with the game, itís a first-person shooter set in 1960. The gameís protagonist, Jack, crash lands his plane near a gateway to Rapture, an underwater Utopia created by businessman Andrew Ryan. After the discovery of a powerful plasmid dubbed ADAM, the city fell into turmoil with genetically modified inhabitants locked in a struggle for power. The game is primarily a first person shooter with several role-playing elements.

BioShock as a whole is driven by an attention-capturing story layered with several philosophical undertones. Upon its original launch, critics praised the novel application of decision-based gameplay where the playerís actions determine the final story outcome.

Those of you who are interested in playing BioShock on your iOS device will need to have a whopping 1.65 GB of space and be ready to spend $14.99 at the iOS App Store. Since the game has better graphics than the majority in the app store, BioShock isnít compatible with the iPhone 4S or below, third-gen iPad or below, first-gen iPad mini or the iPod Touch.

Are any of you going to be picking it up?

Source: iTunes

Twitter: @AkshayMasand
    2014-08-28 05:43 PM
    No
    2014-08-28 06:37 PM
    Will wait for a price drop
    2014-08-28 06:39 PM
    Sweet! I love Bioshock! One of the scariest games to play by yourself in the dark with surround sound!
    2014-08-28 07:28 PM
    [email protected] gamers.. That's why our appstores are so full of mediocre .99 cent and freemium games. Get a fully fledge, console quality game with an outstanding story for 15 bux - "Nah ill wait till a price drop. Too expensive."

This aint you typical angry bird game casual crap. 15 bucks for a console like experience on your hand held device is pretty impressive and a fair price IMO.
    2014-08-28 10:58 PM
    [email protected] gamers.. That's why our appstores are so full of mediocre .99 cent and freemium games. Get a fully fledge, console quality game with an outstanding story for 15 bux - "Nah ill wait till a price drop. Too expensive."

This aint you typical angry bird game casual crap. 15 bucks for a console like experience on your hand held device is pretty impressive and a fair price IMO.
    Here's the reason why: it's not easy to play on a phone like angry birds is, for example. Playing Angry Birds on an Xbone/PS4 isn't as easy as it is on an iPhone. And such, playing console games on an iPhone isn't as easy.

So what ends up happening? We buy it for $15, use it for 5 minutes, get frustrated with the controls and never use it again. Unless it's for bragging rights to show off what your phone can do. Would I pay $15 for Bioshock, as much as I love the franchise? Not on my phone. I'd pay the .99 for 5 minutes of gameplay/bragging rights tho.

Most people like mobile phone games because there's not much to them, controls are easy for a FOUR INCH screen and because they're good for passing time.

I bought Bioshock preowned for ~$15 and play it on my 55-inch HDTV with my 360. Why would I want to pay the same amount for a mobile version of an old game....on a 4-inch display? That's why I bought a console. And 99+% of Bioshock fans already OWN a console, that's how they know of the franchise.

Mobile gamers get what they want, mobile developers give what mobile gamers want: easy controls, little to no learning curve, cheaper than console prices, great time wasters on the toilet. Mobile devices weren't created for hardcore gamers, pal. However, PCs, PS4s and XBones were.
    2014-08-29 08:35 PM
    In my iTunes it says its 2.58 gigs. That's a big file for one game on a 16g iPhone.
    2014-08-30 06:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD