Moments ago on stage at Flint Center in Cupertino, California, Apple got straight to business without the usual opening introductory self-congratulating and excessive growth stats. Apple CEO Tim Cook handed the stage over to Phil Schiller and out came Apple's new iPhones.

“We think at the end of the day you wil agree that this too is a very key day to Apple,” Cook said before yielding the floor to Schiller, who then lifted the veil on iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus.

Both models feature a new Retina HD display and, remarkably, they are the thinnest iPhones ever made. Apple says iPhone 6 is merely 6.9 mm, while iPhone 6 Plus is just 7.1 mm.

“Without a doubt, the best iPhones we ever done,” media in attendance were told.

The “Retina HD” screens delivered by the new iPhones “are new in every way,” Schiller boasted, confirming that iPhone 6 and the iPhone 6-Plus will be the sizes we all knew they would be -- 4.7 inch and 5.5 inches, respectively.

Schiller says iPhone 6 delivers 38 percent more pixels than the iPhone 5s, while iPhone 6 Plus goes much further, offering 185 percent more pixels.

As anticipated, Touch ID is still there, just as the familiar physical volume controls we're used to. Hover, the sleep/wake button has new real estate on the iPhone, now location to the right of the device.

Impressively, the devices' new A8 processor is 25 percent faster than the A7. Schiller says that in a side0by-side comparison to the original 2007 iPhone, this bad boy is a staggering 50 times faster.

Additionally, the battery life of iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus is better than that of iPhone 5s.

Stay with MMi throughout the presentation for more info, including pricing and release details for the new iPhones.

Source: Apple
    2014-09-09 07:29 PM
    I look forward to getting my hands on one of these. To bad my contract isn't up till next year!!!!!
    2014-09-09 07:37 PM
    But how much? If iPhone Plus is $300 on contract then that'll be great.
    2014-09-09 07:44 PM
    Not very impressive. This is all outdated hardware...circa 2011.

iPhone 6 is marginally better than my Galaxy Note 1...so I am not impressed. Phablets are all moving to QHD now. It took right to the 4th quarter of 2014 for Crapple to join the FHD club. AT this rate, when Android OEMs have standardized UHD...Crapple will be "innovating" with QHD. Crapple is just trying to break into a market that they have mocked for so long - the Phablet market. I think their past mentalities may come back to bite them in the rear. It is clear that Crapple is tailing behind Samsung. It has never been so clear. Crapple has fallen as an innovator.

That fact that they need to compare the iPhone 6 to the iPhone 2G is very, very sad. Compare it to the 5S...THEN show me what it can do. With that said, I guess the only option is to show outdated hardware next to VERY outdated hardware.

iPhone 5 and 5S users need not apply for this garbage.
    2014-09-09 07:44 PM
    Apple can't even stream their own event correctly, constant crashing here on my iPad Air! What a joke! And I'm on 100 mg download speed!
    2014-09-09 07:53 PM
    All I can say is OUCH! Twice as much as it was to get the top-end 5 day-of-release.
    For the first time, I'm thinking about ditching Apple for an Android...

Last edited by Raptor2213; 2014-09-09 at 08:00 PM.
    2014-09-09 07:53 PM
    I wonder why they would even make a 16GB iPhone Plus. ONE game made for the Plus will probably take up 1/5th the space! Want HD movies to take advantage of that display? You can only fit 3.
    2014-09-09 08:00 PM
    Are they going to release pictures of people actually holding the phones, so we can see how large they really are?

Cuz 5.5 seems ridiculous for a cell phone, but I'd need to see it in someone's hand to be sure.

Even 4.7 seems a little big, but I don't think I'm gonna have any other choice when my contract is up in 2015.
    2014-09-09 08:07 PM
    All I can say is OUCH! Twice as much as it was to get the top-end 5 day-of-release.
    For the first time, I'm thinking about ditching Apple for an Android...

What costs twice as much? If anything, these are cheaper. The 16 GB iPhone 5 & 5s were both $200 with a contract. At least Apple is now making the $300 option 64 GB instead of the 32 GB that was $300 with the 5/5s.

Were you talking about the unsubsidized models?
    2014-09-09 08:10 PM
    I'm also a little bummed about the battery life, especially on the iphone 6.

I wish they'd stop with stuff like touch ID and siri and just focus on adding more battery life. I'd like a phone that can last all day on one charge but I don't think it's gonna be the 6, frowny face.
    2014-09-09 08:19 PM
    Stop copying android (samsung) and almost a year late. Wow!

I'm also a little bummed about the battery life, especially on the iphone 6.

I wish they'd stop with stuff like touch ID and siri and just focus on adding more battery life. I'd like a phone that can last all day on one charge but I don't think it's gonna be the 6, frowny face.
    Apple will never give you want you want or what you need, they will give you what they want you to have whether its useful or not.
    2014-09-09 08:57 PM
    Where are the prices without contracts?

So 6 rows of columns on both models and 4 rows. The icons must be HUGE on the 6+. Did they say anything about sapphire display glass?
    Last edited by bmwraw8482; 2014-09-09 at 09:06 PM.
    2014-09-09 09:02 PM

iPhone 6 is marginally better than my Galaxy Note 1...so I am not impressed. Phablets are all moving to QHD now. It took right to the 4th quarter of 2014 for Crapple to join the FHD club. AT this rate, when Android OEMs have standardized UHD...Crapple will be "innovating" with QHD. Crapple is just trying to break into a market that they have mocked for so long - the Phablet market. I think their past mentalities may come back to bite them in the rear. It is clear that Crapple is tailing behind Samsung. It has never been so clear. Crapple has fallen as an innovator.

That fact that they need to compare the iPhone 6 to the iPhone 2G is very, very sad. Compare it to the 5S...THEN show me what it can do. With that said, I guess the only option is to show outdated hardware next to VERY outdated hardware.

UHD
    OHD
    FHD

WTF is with all the acronyms?

Anyway I'm a little upset with the bigger screens. I love the 4" screen. It fits in my pocket. Bigger screens are not better! And thinner? I spy cracked screens. Also how does 25% faster equate to 50x the speed? I smell ********
    2014-09-09 09:06 PM
    Ain't surprise about dis **** at all... Normal shirt is 10$ with apple logo is 100$ ... That's how think about apple.. Hey 4.7 cool... Yeah hmmm took u dis long to do it.. Give me break apple I will stick with my 5s and see what comes out later dis year.. Ain't surprise.. I need more battery.
    2014-09-09 09:12 PM
    Holy English lesson batman!
    2014-09-09 09:29 PM
    Not sure about the camera bump on the back. They seem to have made the phone so slim the camera is now to large so the camera sticks out, so you can't actually lay the phone flat on anything !
    Or have I seen this bump incorrectly - horrid
    So surely easily damaged if set down Just for a moment on a wall or on the ground as it sticks out surely it will get damaged, so you're going to have to buy a cover. What's the point designing a body that feels design right and smooth and then stick a cover on it ??
    Last edited by twigwonderkid; 2014-09-09 at 09:58 PM.
    2014-09-09 09:33 PM
    UHD
    OHD
    FHD

WTF is with all the acronyms?

Anyway I'm a little upset with the bigger screens. I love the 4" screen. It fits in my pocket. Bigger screens are not better! And thinner? I spy cracked screens. Also how does 25% faster equate to 50x the speed? I smell ********
    50x faster then the first iPhone 2G
    And I believe its 25% faster then the current iPhone 5s. Not sure didn't get to see the iPhone 6 event part still trying to see the specs between the 6 and the 6 plus besides the 6 plus having the iPad landscape mode.
    Because if they both have the same specs then I think I might upgrade my 5 to the 6.
    2014-09-09 09:33 PM
    Woah, the trolls are out in force on MMi today!

iPhone 6 is marginally better than my Galaxy Note 1...so I am not impressed. Phablets are all moving to QHD now.
    Wow, I couldn't read any more of that garbage. No better than the Note 1?? the 5S was kicking the pants off more recent Samsung phones than the Note 1!

Also, higher res screens are the new camera megpixel war (which Samssuck is rekindling in their phones) Pixel density is not the only thing that makes a display better quality, especially at the density levels being pushed these days. They can pack more pixels in a screen, but if it's to the point where you can't see the the pixels it's just wasted effort.

Unless you're printing large posters of photos, you don't need double-digit megapixels on phone cameras, and unless you're using a magnifying glass to look at your phone screen, you don't need to keep boosting pixel desnity. those are specs manufacturers push so stupid geeks can brag about things they know nothing about.

You should get paid for this level of trolling!
    2014-09-09 10:07 PM

So you at least you admit that apple was a innovator. But what you fail to admit is that Samsung never has and never will be innovative. Who started all this smart phone stuff anyway? For some reason I am having a hard time remembering anything from samsung prior to 2009. You know, two years after apple changed the world with the iPhone when samsung tried to copy it and came up with a cheap plastic imitation. Pure garbage.
    2014-09-10 11:08 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD