The iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus are both Apple's latest smartphones and are set to become available to the public next Friday, September 19th, although they will start being available for pre-order this Friday, September 12th. The Apple Watch, on the other hand, won't be released until early next year.

For those of you that have an older iPhone and are perfectly okay with that, the Apple Watch will support the iPhone 5 and newer, so instead of upgrading to the iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus, you might consider grabbing that Apple Watch when it comes out next year and keeping the iPhone you already have.

The Apple Watch is a companion device that is intended to work closely with the iPhone to help you notice notifications, respond to them, and even use some carefully-tailored applications for the device for tracking your health, location, and more. It comes with special notification features so that you're the only one that can tell when you have a notification, and it even includes an all-new user interface with the design of the wearable watch in mind.

The iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus, on the other hand, are completely re-designed smartphones with truckloads of stunning new features that people have been asking for for a very long time, such as virtual payment methods, the larger display, and bumped up hardware specs to meet demanding gaming and processing needs.

The Apple Watch starts at the price of $349, while the iPhone 6 starts at $199, and the iPhone 6 Plus starts at $299 (both with a contract). There are additional upgrade options available for storage with the iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus, and the Apple Watch has upgrade options as well, since it comes in different variations prices will vary.

It's worth noting that you have to have an iPhone to use the Apple Watch, as the devices are meant to be paired together, so if you have neither of the two devices at this point in time, your choices are to either buy the iPhone first, or buy both at the same time.

What are you leaning towards getting first, the iPhone 6/iPhone 6 Plus, or the new Apple Watch?
    2014-09-09 09:57 PM
    6 or 6+ ... Hard decision. Not a fan of the big android phones so I'll probably get a 6. The appeal of the battery life is tempting for the 6+ though. Christmas money should pay for the apple watch next year

I am curious to see which new iPhone models/colors/capacities sell out quickest on Friday
    2014-09-09 10:04 PM
    I`m a proud owner of 5s, next will be Iphone 6, 64 gb, grey.
    2014-09-09 10:13 PM
    iPhone 6!
    2014-09-09 10:15 PM
    I'm gonna be going for the 6 - no need to have something that's too big to fit comfortably in your pocket, and it'll be a nice upgrade from the iPhone 4!
    2014-09-09 10:16 PM
    6+, 128, grey and the watch when it hits. Yup!
    2014-09-09 10:17 PM
    iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 plus. Both 128G

Can't wait
    2014-09-09 10:29 PM
    TL; DR: iPhone 6, slate grey, 64 gigs

I love the 1080p screen on the new iPlus, but for $100 more you get half as much storage space which will greatly impact its usefulness as a media device. A 5.5" media phone with only 16 gigs of storage is totally silly. Take some videos and pictures, download a couple newer games and you'll hardly have room for an HD movie or two, let alone your music collection.

So, unless I trip over an extra $200, it looks like I'll go with the iPhone 6 mini and 64 wonderful gigs of storage. It's close enough in size to the Galaxy S4 (which a couple people in my family have) and that's a pretty good size. The screen is nearly as large as the S4, but with less pixel density, sure, but I'm not sure I'd even notice that when it comes down to everyday use.

The watch is neat, but not only am I not social or popular enough to need messages delivered to my wrist, but I'm also not lazy enough to avoid taking my phone out of my pocket. And when you check messages you usually want to respond - so... do you talk to the watch and have Siri dictate for you? I'm not informed as to how that works. I also learned to work out and move my body without the need of a personal digital assistant watching my heartbeat or counting my steps. I'm not sure how that kind of information could make me more healthy.

Also, the nice thing about Apple devices is holding it in one's hands and feeling the build quality - kinda hard to do that when it's strapped to one's wrist. I'd probably never wear it so that I can roll it around in my fingers (which makes me wonder - how long before we see Apple Watch necklaces? They're coming).

When the Apple Watch is a few generations along I'll take another assessment of it all. No first generation Apple product has ever won me over, but I can appreciate where it's going.
    Last edited by Jahooba; 2014-09-09 at 10:34 PM.
    2014-09-09 10:30 PM
    Neither for me I will be going for the GREATLY discounted 5c, I mean at 319 why the heck not?
    2014-09-09 10:43 PM
    6 - 64gb & 6+ - 128gb
    Watch's style is a disappointment to me
    Last edited by thazsar; 2014-09-09 at 10:50 PM.
    2014-09-09 10:45 PM
    Still not sure...probably the 6+ with 64GB.
    But it costs the price of a MacBook Air or nearly the price of
    two iPads Air here ! And 172 gram is too heavy.

Come on Apple, that's impertinent !
    2014-09-09 10:46 PM
    Definitely getting the 6+. I have a Note 3 and I hate it. BTW, it fits perfectly in my pockets to all of those worried about that.

So happy to be coming back!!!
    2014-09-09 10:59 PM
    iPhone 6 Plus and Apple watch...
    2014-09-09 11:15 PM
    Definitely getting the 6+. I have a Note 3 and I hate it. BTW, it fits perfectly in my pockets to all of those worried about that.

So happy to be coming back!!!
    Glad u're back and welcome back to Apple World...
    2014-09-09 11:40 PM
    I don't care much for the Apple Watch as I don't want a watch, but definitely the 6 and 6+!
    2014-09-10 12:10 AM
    I have a galaxy friend which is coming back to apple as well because of the 5.5" screen
    2014-09-10 12:18 AM
    I'm curious as to why people keep saying it looks so ugly. Sure, that awful neon great sports band was horrendous, but the more stylish bands with the space gray or brushed aluminum look quite nice to me.

......beware......
    Just your friendly neighborhood Spider-Man!
    2014-09-10 12:37 AM
    I'm curious as to why people keep saying it looks so ugly. Sure, that awful neon great sports band was horrendous, but the more stylish bands with the space gray or brushed aluminum look quite nice to me.
    I was hoping for something w/ a curved screen/frame. To me, this is just like all the other watches on the market. I really wanted it to look like this, though:

I'd rock that in a second!!!
    2014-09-10 12:47 AM
    I was hoping for something w/ a curved screen/frame. To me, this is just like all the other watches on the market. I really wanted it to look like this, though:

I'd rock that in a second!!!
    I'll certainly agree that looks nice! However, I think Apple was trying to go for a style that could also look like a dress watch. While that looks fine for anything I'd normally want I'd be doing, it looks enough like a sports hand that you'd probably look ridiculous wearing it in anything nice. That's just IMO though.

......beware......
    Just your friendly neighborhood Spider-Man!
    2014-09-10 12:51 AM
    I'll certainly agree that looks nice! However, I think Apple was trying to go for a style that could also look like a dress watch. While that looks fine for anything I'd normally want I'd be doing, it looks enough like a sports hand that you'd probably look ridiculous wearing it in anything nice. That's just IMO though.
    True! I'm hoping future iterations of the Watch will evolve into something like that. Then I'd jump on board. I'm not a watch guy so the appeal isn't too high for me right now
    2014-09-10 12:58 AM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD