When you're surfing the Web in Mobile Safari and you finally come to a Web page where you have to select something from a rotary picker in order to filter your search results, or for some other reason, and one or more of the options is too long for you to read, it can be annoying, because you really need to know what something says before you select it so that you know you're selecting the correct thing.

A new jailbreak tweak called BetterWebPickerMenu by iOS developer Mohamed Marbouh fixes the problem where one of the options in the rotary picker is so long that you can't read the whole thing and some "..." periods follow the option instead of shrinking the text size to make it all fit.

With BetterWebPickerMenu installed, no longer how long one of the options in the rotary picker menu may be, it will always be displayed in full, even if it takes more than one line to display. If it's short enough that adjusting the text size a little to make it fit will make it fit, then the tweak will simply adjust the text size instead, as shown above.

Since BetterWebPickerMenu makes it so that even the longest options in a rotary picker menu can be read, you'll never have to worry about picking the wrong option ever again because you will actually be able to see the entire option, and not just a portion of it.

The tweak doesn't just work in Mobile Safari, it also works in various third-party Web browsers too!

If you want to give BetterWebPickerMenu a try, it's available for 99 right now in Cydia's BigBoss repository. iOS 7 is required for the installation and there are no options to configure.

Name: BetterWebPickerMenu
    Price: 99
    Version: 0.1-1
    Requirements: iOS 7.0-7.1.2
    Tested on: iPhone 5 running iOS 7.1.2
    Repo: BigBoss
    Developer: Mohamed Marbouh
    Editor's Rating:  5/5
    Last edited by Anthony Bouchard; 2014-09-10 at 04:20 PM.
    2014-09-10 01:35 AM
    That's useful!
    2014-09-10 01:53 AM
    Only for Safari?
    2014-09-10 07:50 AM
    Only for Safari?
    This is in the tweak Description:
    2014-09-10 09:38 AM
    This is in the tweak Description:
    Thanks. I did not see it there
    2014-09-10 09:42 AM
    Does it work in the eBay app? Even on the desktop there was no way to see which product I was ordering when I needed to order a part that had several variations (white, black, with tools, without tools, GSM, CMDA, etc). I had to view the page's code to actually see what I was buying!
    2014-09-10 08:24 PM
    Does it work in the eBay app? Even on the desktop there was no way to see which product I was ordering when I needed to order a part that had several variations (white, black, with tools, without tools, GSM, CMDA, etc). I had to view the page's code to actually see what I was buying!
    Post a link to an auction that might have what you're referring to
    2014-09-10 08:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD