User Tag List

Thank God competitive advertising is illegal in South Africa, Samsung's stupid adds will never see the light of day!
    2014-09-12 04:02 PM
    1: Galaxy Note GT-N7000
    2: Multiwindow, S-pen, out of the box customization, large device size, FM tuner, micro USB, no iTunes needed to transfer music to my device, transfer files wirelessly, more verbose control of the OS, custom launchers and keyboards, custom roms, SD storage, removable battery, enterprise activesync support, overclocking, task and startup managers, more lockscreen options, ability to lockdown specific apps with alternate passcodes or lock patterns, and finally...my personal favorite...default apps.
    3: The only thing that has budged me, in the slightest degree to upgrade, is the Note 4.

why do you ask?
    "large screen" Well... 6+
    "FM tuner" LOL, FM! FYI almost every radio station has live streaming, if you're still into local stations loaded with ads instead of aa mordenr streaming alternative.
    "no iTunes needed" You don't need iTunes to play music on an iPhone
    "tranfser files wirelessly" You can do that on iPhone
    "custom keyboards... ability to lockdown specific apps" you can do those on iPhone too as of iOS8
    "Enterprise activesync support" iPhone has amazing enterprise support, just ask over half the people with work phones in the Fortune 25 company I work for.
    "overclocking... task and startup managers" Well, that's a necessity for clunky Samsung phones to perform better. With the iPhone why bother with that junk when it runs fast and smooth on it's own?
    "Default apps" ...huh?
    "custom launchers... custom roms" well, not without rooting your Samsung device, and if you want to get rooting/jailbreaking involved, there's a lot more an iPhone can do too!
    2014-09-12 05:54 PM
    1: Galaxy Note GT-N7000
    2: Multiwindow, S-pen, out of the box customization, large device size, FM tuner, micro USB, no iTunes needed to transfer music to my device, transfer files wirelessly, more verbose control of the OS, custom launchers and keyboards, custom roms, SD storage, removable battery, enterprise activesync support, overclocking, task and startup managers, more lockscreen options, ability to lockdown specific apps with alternate passcodes or lock patterns, and finally...my personal favorite...default apps.
    3: The only thing that has budged me, in the slightest degree to upgrade, is the Note 4.

why do you ask?

Few reasons but really I am just curious.
    2014-09-12 10:55 PM
    "large screen" Well... 6+
    "FM tuner" LOL, FM! FYI almost every radio station has live streaming, if you're still into local stations loaded with ads instead of aa mordenr streaming alternative.
    "no iTunes needed" You don't need iTunes to play music on an iPhone
    "tranfser files wirelessly" You can do that on iPhone
    "custom keyboards... ability to lockdown specific apps" you can do those on iPhone too as of iOS8
    "Enterprise activesync support" iPhone has amazing enterprise support, just ask over half the people with work phones in the Fortune 25 company I work for.
    "overclocking... task and startup managers" Well, that's a necessity for clunky Samsung phones to perform better. With the iPhone why bother with that junk when it runs fast and smooth on it's own?
    "Default apps" ...huh?
    "custom launchers... custom roms" well, not without rooting your Samsung device, and if you want to get rooting/jailbreaking involved, there's a lot more an iPhone can do too!
    Large screen, custom keyboards, wireless data transfe, Enterprise activesync support: You know that he doesn't need to buy a new phone to have those features

"FM tuner" yes even tough you can use streaming, is a good thing, some times, to have the option and not use data to save money

"no iTunes needed" but you need iTunes to put that music or other files like documents in the phone

"overclocking... task and startup managers" it is not necessary for an android phone to have but a cool option if you want more juice once your device gets old and you want the new features of newer software

"Default apps" yes so you can use what ever app you want instead of the stock ones. Like use opera instead of safari as default browser, or use any other music, sms, phone or camera app you want instead of stock and setting it as default

"custom launchers... custom roms" for customs Roms you need root access but for custom launchers, themes and lock screens you can do it out of the box with out root, just download and install from the play store like any app.

Besides i hate samsung i love android as an os. Having all the customization you want with out jailbreaking is what made me go from iOS to Android. I was hoping this kaynote wow me so that I can think of going back because I love some iOS apps, but all the features they showed so far I already have it on my current phone, a Nexus 5
    2014-09-13 01:38 PM
44 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD