Just shortly after Apple’s keynote, Samsung released six new ad spots that all jab at Apple’s new iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, the Apple Watch and even the company’s handling of the keynote’s live stream. The commercials all feature what are presumably two Apple Geniuses who are at the back of an Apple Store repair room. Both are going back and forth about the success of the keynote that introduced Apple’s upcoming products and services.

The first spot pokes fun at Apple’s keynote live stream which as many of you might already know wasn’t functional for the first portion of the event. Reports end up blaming the issue on coding errors on the Apple webpage. The other spots have Samsung making fun of the larger screens on the iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus, the lack of multitasking, the lack of multitouch input without a stylus and what Samsung claims is lackluster battery life. I can understand Samsung knocking Apple for certain things but others such as larger screens and poor battery life seem to be a bit ironic considering Samsung’s devices are often described as having said qualities.

Another spot even makes fun of Apple for not providing any “quick charging” solution like the one found on the Galaxy Note S. It even works in the mention of nicked iPhones and a callback to production problems the iPhone 5 experienced upon its release. For those of you who don’t remember, Samsung is referring to the event the public dubbed “scuffgate,” where customers found issues with out-of-the-box handsets which Apple later attribute to issues with quality control. Although “scuffgate” was an actual issue that many customers had to end up dealing with, it seems a bit farfetched for Samsung to bring up something that happened two years ago. It’s not like Samsung hasn’t had their fair share of issues either.

Last but not least, Samsung criticized the buzz which has been surrounding the Apple Watch. What is a bit ironic here is that Samsung bashes the idea of a smartwatch in general despite having at least five distinct Gear smartwatch models itself. Personally, it seems more like Samsung is trying to downplay the Apple Watch because its own Gear smartwatches weren’t as big of a hit as they hoped they would be.

Perhaps the move is just one in desperation of feeling threatened by Apple’s move in to the industry. The new series of videos is just the latest move in Samsung’s long-running Apple-bashing campaign.

Those of you interested in the videos can watch them below:

How do you feel about Samsung’s new ads?

Source: Samsung ( )

Twitter: @AkshayMasand
    2014-09-11 07:18 PM
    6 new reasons to never buy Samsung products again. Mudslinging isn't a way to run a business.
    2014-09-11 07:36 PM
    These were pathetic... I'm always open to good humor but Samsung just came out looking like idiots!

Where's nakedcrook to comment on how funny these are??? Loser...
    Last edited by thazsar; 2014-09-11 at 07:47 PM.
    2014-09-11 07:45 PM
    Well, that was a waste of a few minutes..
    2014-09-11 07:58 PM
    6 new reasons to never buy Samsung products again. Mudslinging isn't a way to run a business.
    he mad.
    2014-09-11 07:58 PM
    Apple fan here, and will definitely be pre-ordering a 6. But common guys, a couple of them were slightly funny.
    Last edited by kickerman65; 2014-09-11 at 08:11 PM.
    2014-09-11 08:08 PM
    I use to think Samsung commercials were funny regardless of the jab they took at Apple. Can't believe I wasted time watching those and didn't laugh once. Hoping these commercials never air on television because they make Samsung look desperate.
    2014-09-11 08:14 PM
    I use to think Samsung commercials were funny regardless of the jab they took at Apple. Can't believe I wasted time watching those and didn't laugh once. Hoping these commercials never air on television because they make Samsung look desperate.
    Yea... While I don't care for the 3rd grade tactics, I do enjoy humor..but these videos were just sad. Very. Very. Sad.
    2014-09-11 08:22 PM
    They didn't even make sense....
    Also, Lightning cable in a 2.1A port FTW.

......beware......
    Just your friendly neighborhood Spider-Man!
    2014-09-11 08:23 PM
    This is jealousy from Samsung at its best.
    2014-09-11 08:24 PM
    Samsungs phones aren't innovative but neither are the new iPhones c'mon guys think instead of jumping on the bandwagon. I mean apple still hasn't incorporated widgets or a water resistant version of an iPhone? I just don't understand why someone doesn't get up at the keynote and yell to Tim cook hey stop stealing jailbreak tweaks! I just wanna see some innovation man.
    2014-09-11 08:36 PM
    I don't waste time watching Apple bashing. Apple does not even bother trying to get back at them with like ads. They just beat them with better devices.
    2014-09-11 08:39 PM
    Those videos weren't even funny. I'm all for poking some fun here and there but those were just lame.

Now this one is kind of funny. Not as directly as the other videos but they are clearly making fun of the Apple videos, which let's face it, are rather pretentious.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/MOXQo7nURs0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
    2014-09-11 08:41 PM
    Samsung is an insecure company! This shows they are not sure with their product to compete with Apple!
    2014-09-11 09:04 PM
    I agree with Raptor2213, 6 reasons to never buy any Samsung products again. They are pathetic
    2014-09-11 09:14 PM
    Stupid ads Not funny at all. But I do agree on the bigger screen arriving late, multiwindow etc. Samsung does have some nice features Apple could of implemented on my new iPhone 6 Plus.
    2014-09-11 09:17 PM
    Made me chuckle. And I am definitely buying an iPhone 6 plus. I am not sure why people have such strong reactions to this kind of thing? Phones aren't a serious matter, you know? Remember when Apple's entire advertising campaign was about mocking PC's openly in their ads? I liked those too. To say it is pathetic for Samsung seems strange to me. Anyway, this isn't a war with high stakes. It is phones. For them, the stakes are high. For us, where is the need for such vitriol coming from?
    2014-09-11 09:21 PM
    Darn right that's funny. Loved it. Great spoof on Apple commercials and I'm an Apple user since before the first Macintosh. Thx for sharing!

Those videos weren't even funny. I'm all for poking some fun here and there but those were just lame.

Now this one is kind of funny. Not as directly as the other videos but they are clearly making fun of the Apple videos, which let's face it, are rather pretentious.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/MOXQo7nURs0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
    2014-09-11 09:50 PM
    ABOSWORTH, that was great! Definitely made me chuckle a few times.

......beware......
    Just your friendly neighborhood Spider-Man!
    2014-09-11 09:56 PM
    These were pathetic... I'm always open to good humor but Samsung just came out looking like idiots!

Where's nakedcrook to comment on how funny these are??? Loser...
    I love how notorious I have become. Thank you for the recognition.

First off...I took the liberty of reporting your comment.

Second, I will not comment at how funny they were, because they were not funny...they were intended to be true...and they are very, very true. These ads are not intended to be funny. They are intended to highlight the weaknesses of the iPhone brand. For example; the very fact that the main selling point of the iPhone 6+ is the fact that it has a larger screen, is quite pathetic. Android OEMs have been giving us larger screens for a while now. Besides, what good is a larger screen, without features to take advantage of said large screen? At least the Note 4 has the undisputed champion of the smartphone stylus in the S-pen, and also comes fully loaded with software enhancements to allow the end user to take full advantage of the screen size. Has Apple bundled ANY software improvements to take advantage of the iPhone 6+ screen size...aside from a double tap on the home button to scroll (something which can be done with one hand, despite screen size)? They have not.

The Note 4 also comes with rapid charging technology; something which can essentially be compared to a decent step forward in battery innovation. As a Note 1 user, I will admit that there have been a few times I have drained the battery on my phone to dangerous levels (4 times in my ~2 years of owning it). WIth rapid charging tech, I could give my phone a 20-30 minute charge, and get another half a day of use...unlike iPhones which take much MUCH longer to charge and discharge MUCH faster. Samsung has always been good for its battery consumption and its battery charging.

While I cannot say with 100% certainty that the iPhone 6+ will support running 2 apps at once (which my Galaxy Note 1 was doing in 2012), but traditionally, iPhones have been about unitasking. Doing more than one thing at a time was far too difficult for that child's toy known as the iPhone. If the iPhone cannot do this natively (no jailbreak tweaks or 3rd party apps) then I call it a limitation of the device and the software.

I will admit, the live streaming one was kinda dumb, as any phone will struggle with a live stream if the internet connection is limited or slow, so shame on Samsung for that. However, the rest of the ads were pretty spot on. The iPhone cannot multitask, it has no support for accessories or software to take advantage of the larger screen, the battery cannot hold a charge and takers longer to charge, and the only reason the iWatch was shown was to distract iPhone users from the limitations of the iPhone 6.

And for all you people who talk about Samsung's mudslinging...I wish to direct you to the following Macbook commercials.

Then we have this:

Then we have this:

And this:

You Apple fanboys need to STOP with the revisionist history, and start owning up to the fact that your phone is limited, your memories are short, and that the leadership status that Apple once COMMANDED in the smartphone market has faded to a dim and distant echo. Denial is a terrible thing. However, once you reach the acceptance stage, the Android community will accept you with open arms.

But I do agree on the bigger screen arriving late, multiwindow etc. Samsung does have some nice features Apple could of implemented on my new iPhone 6 Plus.
    If Apple did this, they would sue Samsung for stealing the idea of the iPen and the iMultiwindow (coming soon...in the year 2075). Apple has done enough lawsuit innovation. They should divert some of that money into HARDWARE and SOFTWARE innovation.
    Last edited by nakedcrook; 2014-09-11 at 10:03 PM.
    2014-09-11 09:59 PM
44 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD