Early Friday morning, Apple opened its doors for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus pre-orders. As usual, the experience was slow and unresponsive because of the vast number of people all ponying up their credit card numbers at once through the online systems; too much traffic eats up all of the bandwidth and makes the experience horrible for everyone.

Fortunately, many people were still able to place their pre-orders early despite the problems loading the Web pages necessary to input payment information and place the order.

The demand for the iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus has far surpassed any iPhone to date, and 11 hours after the beginning of pre-orders, Apple's Web site is now showing a 3-4 week shipping estimate for Apple's new iPhone 6 Plus. The iPhone 6, on the other hand, shows that it will ship immediately on September 19th (the launch date) on Apple's Web site.

It's worth noting that ordering through Apple's Web site will yield better results than ordering through your carrier's Web site, as your carrier likely has less inventory than Apple does. My order from AT&T displays that my iPhone 6 Plus should ship anywhere between October 13th and October 22nd, which is longer than the 3-4 week shipping estimate on Apple's Web site.

If you're planning to pre-order your iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus, we would recommend you do so as soon as possible. Being that the systems work in a first come, first serve basis, shipping estimates are only expected to slip even more. Ordering early will help you avoid the long waiting times to come.

Have you ordered yours yet?

Sources: Apple
    2014-09-12 05:06 PM
    Ordered a 6 from both ATT's online store and apples online store. Waiting to see which one gets the closest shipping date and then I'll cancel the other order. That's the way you always have to do it to be sure to get one on opening day. There've been just as many years when the carrier stores could get it to you quicker than Apple online.
    2014-09-12 05:16 PM
    Seems like the 6 plus is a bigger hit or they didn't make enough. The 6 is still getting delivered next Friday from vzw in all sizes.
    2014-09-12 05:16 PM
    I think its a mix of both..supply and demand. Apple will catch up with demand. I can't wait to get my 6+..ordered and waiting on the 19th!
    2014-09-12 05:30 PM
    Seems like the 6 plus is a bigger hit or they didn't make enough. The 6 is still getting delivered next Friday from vzw in all sizes.
    The rumor sites have been mentioning that for the last three weeks. That there would not be enough 6+ to go around for the demand. Everybody should've anticipated that.

Once again the rumor sites have nailed pretty much every aspect of the new launch like they do every year. I don't know why people thumb their noses at the rumor sites… They're always spot on on pretty much every detail every year.
    2014-09-12 06:30 PM
    I'm happy! ATT system let me in early and ordered my iPhone 6 Plus. Confirmation email was sent at 11:49pm PST and my delivery date is still 10/02/2014 to 10/13/2014. But as NewdestinyX has said, let the system catch up and reorganize and those date may/can change to earlier dates

Last edited by Carvensno; 2014-09-12 at 07:26 PM.
    2014-09-12 07:23 PM
    I'm happy! ATT system let me in early and ordered my iPhone 6 Plus. Confirmation email was sent at 11:49pm PST and my delivery date is still 10/02/2014 to 10/13/2014. But as NewdestinyX has said, let the system catch up and reorganize and those date may/can change to earlier dates

There is always one of the types of phones that sell out quickly and/or Apple hasn't made enough.. Like the Gold 32 and 64GB 5S' sold out very quickly last year.. and they hadn't made enough. Those people did NOT get it on launch day. Some did. If by Thursday noon - your status hasn't changed.. I would cancel the order and go to an AT&T Store, Best Buy, Target or Walmart where there are rarely any lines on opening day. But even at THOSE stores they're only gonna have about 1/3 the amount of 6+'s as they have of 6's. So it's a crap shoot.

On years when I wanted a phone on 'launch day' (4S was my last - since 5 and 5S were useless to me without a jailbreak - waited last 2 years until Jailbreak within a week available)- on those years (for me 4S).. it was unacceptable to me to NOT get a phone. So I preferred to be first in line at my mall Apple Store or AT&T mall store. Most people had to be at work.. So lines were short. This is a year where I "HAVE TO" have it on opening day.. And I do NOT believe AT&T online delivery will meet the demand.. So I cancelled my order with them this morning after getting a confirmation email from AppleStore app that my 64GB 6 would indeed arrive on 9/19. If I see any warning signs.. I'll cancel that too and stand in line at the Apple Store next Friday..
    2014-09-12 07:35 PM
    Apart from the 64GB versions all the other options are still available to order in the UK sim free with 7-10 days shipping, still won't be getting one until a jailbreak is available
    2014-09-12 09:39 PM
    is there a phone or phones out there with the same width/length dimensions as the 6 and the 6+?

I'd like to actually try to wrap my hand around both sizes to see the difference.
    2014-09-12 09:41 PM
    Apart from the 64GB versions all the other options are still available to order in the UK sim free with 7-10 days shipping, still won't be getting one until a jailbreak is available
    Here :P

Choose the Right iPhone Model By Using the Printable iPhone Picker

download PDF and print and cut out

My buddy has Note3, and find that the 6 Plus is still thinner than his phone
    2014-09-12 09:43 PM
    I chose the iP6 so hopefully I'll get it next Friday. I compared sizes and think the 6+ is just a little too much of an increase in size. If I feel that I want something even bigger next year, I'll upgrade to the 6S+ or 7+ or whatever they call it then.
    2014-09-13 02:59 AM
    Is there a belt clip pouch out there that can fit the iPhone 6+? I heard that there are some pouches that can fit the Galaxy Mega, and wanted to know if there is something that I can carry on my hip. The Mega is almost the size of an iPad Mini. I don't use my pockets because I usually carry my phone in an OtterBox.

Too bad the Otter Boxes wont be ready for the 6+. I have relied on those cases since the iPhone 3GS, and they have never failed me.
    Kept my phones in excellent condition for resale at the end of their contracts. My iPhone 5 is in excellent condition (I also use a screen protector as well) and ready for resale.
    2014-09-15 05:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD