It was just the day before pre-orders began that iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus units started landing on U.S. soil, fresh from the Chinese manufacturing factories across the seas. And after the chaotic pre-order night, which broke Apple's previous pre-sales record, Apple has a lot of catching up to do, as shipping estimates of the iPhone 6 are slipping to 7-10 business days, as well as iPhone 6 Plus shipping estimates slipping to 3-4 weeks.

Although shipping estimates are slipping for newer pre-orderers, the good news is that the factories on the other side of the world are doing a great job of keeping a constant supply of these new devices coming into the United States. Need proof? – look no further than one of the airline pilots themselves; he has posted pictures on MacRumor's forum of what he claims are 195,000 iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus units packed onto pallets on the 747 Airline that he flies.

Yep, that's what I do. I fly stuff. Privileged to be a small part of the Apple supply chain. Just landed a 747 full of iPhone 6's in Anchorage. Another crew will take the airplane on to Chicago. It'll be on the ground at O'hare about 9am Sept. 15. I gave it a little extra gas coming over the Pacific, just to get them here a little quicker.
    This photo is looking down the inside of the airplane, according to the pilot:

Yeah, that sure is a lot of iPhones.

Since Apple has more than 4 million customers to deliver to, this 195,000 unit shipment is still only a small fraction of what Apple needs to ship to meet its customers' needs. Not to mention, more orders are being placed every single day, and the official release this coming Friday means that most of these shipments will have to be used to stock stores all across the U.S. before we can even start getting our pre-orders.

Sources: MacRumors Forum
    2014-09-15 08:34 PM
    they better F'ing hurry up LOL
    2014-09-15 09:11 PM
    Hey! It looks liek there's enough room for at least 3 more pallets on that plane! Those steps are wasted space where precious iPhones could be put!!

Seriously, it's just crazy to think how many phones they sell. Most businesses would be happy selling as many units in a product's entire life cycle as Apple sells in a weekend!
    2014-09-15 09:11 PM
    A quick calculation 195.000 x 700 = 136.500.000
    2014-09-15 09:49 PM
    Apple should design their own planes lol
    2014-09-15 10:17 PM
    Apple should design their own planes lol
    And make them 25% faster than the previous generation lol
    2014-09-15 10:54 PM
    And make them 25% faster than the previous generation lol
    And more expensive lol
    2014-09-15 11:13 PM
    Using an average price of $800 (guesstimate), that is $156 million worth of iPhones.
    2014-09-15 11:17 PM
    Retail value over $136 million...

For 10 cents on the dollar retail I'd consider diverting that flight to a non-extradition country.
    2014-09-15 11:20 PM
    I wonder if worker conditions have improved at these Chinese factories?
    2014-09-15 11:23 PM
    That's great to encourage people about the New iPhone 6s coming, but I don't think you should give the exact flight plan, there's plenty of examples of iPhones and other electronic devices being stolen in route by UPS, FedEx employees and basically anyone who handles it.
    2014-09-15 11:26 PM
    Stolen iPhone = expensive shiny paperweight. Those phones need all have UDIDs that Apple has to approve for activation. They are all waiting for their prospective owners.
    2014-09-16 04:59 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD