A worker from Foxconn has been accused of stealing six iPhone 6 rear shells and is currently being detained. According to The Wall Street Journal, the worker took the shells from the factory and resold it to someone in Shenzhen, China. It was reported that the suspect netted a total of $960 USD, which is equivalent to about 6,000 yuan. The details of the story were posted onto Chinese newspaper, Taihang Daily. The identified suspect is a 40-year old male factory worker with the name of Qiao. According to The Wall Street Journal:

On July 24, according to the article, Qiao hid one shell in his pocket and successfully avoided the security check by leaving at the peak of quitting time, when lots of workers swarm out of the factory at the same time. He sent the shell to an address in Shenzhen via a local courier service and received his money couple days later.

Apparently encouraged, he stole another five shells that month and sent them to the same buyer, the article said.
    There was apparently an advertisement that was posted, looking to buy parts from Apple at a high price. Qiao allegedly responded to the advertisement and started the first stealing on July 24th. It wasn’t until the middle of August Foxconn reported the incident to the police. Foxconn responded to CNET saying they have a strict Code of Conduct and expects their employees to follow it. There were tons of leaks prior to Apple’s official announcement of the new iPhones, and it gave many people a glimpse of what to expect with the upcoming devices.

Source: WSJ, CNET
    Last edited by Akshay Masand; 2014-09-16 at 10:48 PM.

Twitter: @AkshayMasand
    2014-09-16 10:40 PM
    We'll probably just see a few iP6 bootlegs, like the ones that came out for previous models. They usually run Android or some ****** proprietary OS made to look like iOS.

The "Airphone 4" is one example that comes to mind
    2014-09-17 02:11 AM
    I wonder what will happen to him.
    2014-09-17 04:23 AM
    I KNEW CHINA HAS THE IPHONE 6!!! Who read the post earlier today about China Iphone delayed?? Lol
    2014-09-17 06:06 AM
    Probably was Apple that put out the ad to uncover any thieves.
    2014-09-17 02:20 PM
    I sure hope it was Apple, they should flood the areas with fake requests and then they won't be sure if it's Apple is doing it or not.

I'm sure Apple spent (any company that comes out with an original idea) a lot of money researching and patenting there product ideas, only to have your supplier's employees stealing. That's messed up, they should be glad they have a job.
    2014-09-17 10:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD