User Tag List

Tomorrow, iOS 8 will be released to the public as a free upgrade. Apple has, ahead of time, already begun accepting iOS 8-updated applications into the iOS App Store.

One of the first major applications to be updated ahead of iOS 8's official release is Google Maps as of version 3.2.1, Google Maps for iOS has been optimized for iOS 8. The update also fixes some unnamed bugs.

It makes sense that Google would be so quick to update Google Maps for iOS, as many users rely on the service to get from point A to point B, and no one wants to be stranded without accurate directions when iOS 8 comes out. Google also wants to appeal to those that aren't very fond of Apple's own mapping services that come stock on iOS.

Existing users of Google Maps will find this update under the Updates tab in the App Store application. If you want to download the latest version of the application for free directly from the App Store, you can follow this App Store link.

Sources: App Store
    2014-09-17 03:30 AM
    I love that people say Google Maps is better when iOS 7 proved that wrong on numerous occasions. Even with me constantly wiping my phone to start fresh Apple Maps out performed Google Maps time and time again. Not to mention that every update seems to make Apple Maps an even better GPS app. Best part is you don't have to waste any more storage installing a third party app.
    2014-09-17 01:04 PM
    Personally, I think Google Maps is more accurate than Apple Maps when using GPS.

Apple Maps has a cool 3D view in metro areas.
    2014-09-17 01:18 PM
    There have been times that Apple Maps was more accurate about a location than Google Maps but I like to check both sometimes to be sure.

As for the update, I suppose it is only for iOS 8 changes and not for iPhone 6/6+ changes? I assume they'll make a different UI for the 6+ but maybe not..
    2014-09-17 02:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD