Wednesday evening, following the release of the iOS 8 operating system to the public, Apple has released a new iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad User Guide for iOS 8.

Like every other User Guide in the past, the literature is intended to help acquaint the user with their iOS device controls, as well as some features of the iOS 8 operating system. It is a free download from the iBooks Store and if you want to grab it, you can follow these iBooks Store links:

The iPhone User Guide covers iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6, iPhone 5s, iPhone 5c, iPhone 5, and iPhone 4s; the iPod touch User Guide covers the iPod touch 5g, and the iPad User Guide covers iPad mini with retina display, iPad mini, iPad Air, and iPad 2. All of your iOS 8-capable devices are covered for your convenience.
    2014-09-17 11:26 PM
    Seriously, you need guide(s) for iOS 8? Isn't everyone always claiming its so simple to do things on an iOS/Apple device. And don't give me that crap about Android users are switching and need the info, most Android users are already power users and are above the minimal functions of iOS.
    2014-09-18 06:07 AM
    Seriously, you need guide(s) for iOS 8? Isn't everyone always claiming its so simple to do things on an iOS/Apple device. And don't give me that crap about Android users are switching and need the info, most Android users are already power users and are above the minimal functions of iOS.
    I'm just trying to remember the last time I went to an android forum to post something pathetic about an os I totally dislike and I gotta say I can't remember ever doing something quite so sad😴
    2014-09-18 01:17 PM
    Not everyone is very tech savvy. My mother in law barely uses a computer and up until a couple months ago owned a very old basic flip phone. Even though iOS is pretty intuitive, it's not coming from knowing nothing intuitive: nothing is.

For something to be intuitive doesn't necessarily mean you can just pick it up with absolutely no related experience. A lot of the swiping is considered intuitive, but if you don't know it's a touch screen to begin with, you won't even try! Part of being intuitive means that there is a consistency throughout the OS and it's functions. So if you learn something in one part of the OS you can try and do the same thing in another part: like tapping the top of the screen to spring to the top.

Even though my mother in law has had the 5C for a couple months she still does little more than call and send messages because that's all she's ever done and she has a real life and doesn't have time to just sit around and learn her phone. For her, this will be a great way to find how to do something as needed. And as she learns pieces here and there, the continuity of how things work in the OS will help her to intuitively understand how others things work she hasn't learned yet.
    2014-09-18 03:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD