User Tag List

View Poll Results: Is your new iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus everything that you expected it to be?

Voters
53. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm very happy with my purchase!

30 56.60%
  • No, Apple made it seem cooler than it really is.

7 13.21%
  • I haven't even got mine yet!

16 30.19%
    The screen is great! And the thickness is amazing
    2014-09-21 02:53 AM
    Me too on Thursday and to think I got my order in within the first hour.
    Unless you ordered a 6+ you should be able to pick one up today at your local Apple Store/Carrier store/Best Buy.
    2014-09-21 04:22 AM
    I don't have one, but I saw someone with one at work today and it was beautiful...

......beware......
    Just your friendly neighborhood Spider-Man!
    2014-09-21 05:45 AM
    Upgraded from 4s. First time I've ever waited in line (3 hrs). Definitely worth it. I was worried the 6 would be too big for my preference. Now I feel it is the perfect size. Only thing that would make me love it more would be a JB so that I can theme. Can't wait to see what themers come up with for this beautiful device.
    They're working on one...
    http://www.redmondpie.com/pangu-jail...-in-the-works/
    2014-09-21 06:28 AM
    Battery life seems to be awesome 15 hours standby with 7 hours on screen time, won't let me upload screenshot in this thread.
    2014-09-21 09:04 AM
    Pre ordered the 6plus online and would have had to wait until October 20 to get. I decided to go to the Apple Store on launch day and wait in line to get one. I was about in the middle to end and was very surprised on how many 6plus phones they got in the first shipment. The Apple Store employees came to everyone in line and basically asked what phone they wanted and what size,color, and carrier and after asking that, they looked to see if it was in stock and sent you a text with a qr code so that you were guaranteed that phone when it was your turn to get one. I was surprised because everyone that was getting one was getting the 6plus and I was nervous because I didn't know if I was going to get what I wanted. (6plus 128GB gold or grey) I ended up getting the silver model 6plus. That was the only color that was available meeting the criteria. I'm happy with it and the battery life is crazy good compared to my 5S.
    2014-09-21 09:38 AM
    With the bigger screen I see jobs' logic about keeping it small to be able to use with one hand. It's a little awkward in the upper corners on the iPhone 6 (I'm assuming impossible on the 6+) so it's taking a little getting used to but is still manageable. So far I like it very much over the iPhone 5.
    Try reachability just by tapping (not pressing) the home button. Hope that helps.
    2014-09-21 10:37 AM
    I have the 6+ and i think is big, but not too big for my hands... I love it...
    2014-09-21 12:37 PM
    My iPhone 6 is everything I expected but my expectations were low. It's finally a decent size screen and I do appreciate how thin it is.

I'm disappointed with the "3rd party keyboard" feature. It seems more like a skin than a real keyboard. For password entry it reverts back to the Apple keyboard (let me guess, for security purposes) and the keyboard selector button seems hobbled unless you're on the Apple keyboard.

I love SwiftKey on my Android devices but the iOS version is a mere shadow of the keyboard I love and have been using for a long time.

iOS 8 does prove one thing though: things that are successful on one platform often times are great additions to other platforms (regardless of going from Apple to Android or the other way) so the "Patent Wars" only hurt consumers.
    2014-09-21 01:23 PM
    My 6Plus 128 GB will not arrive for several more weeks but from having time in the store to play around with one I think I made a good choice from upgrading from the I phone 5
    2014-09-21 02:39 PM
    I'm loving my 6+ love it even more when its jailbroken. Tried android with a xperia zl and even tried aliyun which with a few updates could be a good os. But nothing always come back to ios
    2014-09-21 03:02 PM
    I'm loving my 6+!!!! I'm having the darnedest time trying to find a case for it though... No stores seem to have them... Guess I have to order online. I got the 6 for my wife, and I'll admit the 6 feels more like the perfect size for a iPhone. But I have banana hands so the 6+ is great for me.
    Went to Walmart out of all places and got one for my 6 plus.
    2014-09-21 04:02 PM
    I do like the new iPhones, but both of them are pretty large and awkward to use with one hand. I'm sure if the 5s had been the sequel to the 6 and 6+ we'd have all be in awe of how they'd packed the same features and battery life into something even smaller and lighter :-) Isn't is weird how a few years ago we all wanted phones that were smaller and lighter? Now we all want to carry tablets. I believe there's an ego thing here amongst the guys - no guy wants to be the one to pull out the smaller phone in public, right? ;-) Time will tell, but right now I prefer the size and design of the 5s. Also the curved screens on the 6/6+ have created a bit of an issue - it's impossible to get a screen protector (film or tempered glass) to cover the edges and corners of the screen. I know we could/should use a large protective case, but then it's even bigger and clunkier to hold/use in one hand. Steve was absolutely right. Slimmer and lighter is always good, but the original iPhone had about the right screen size for one-handed use.

P.S. I know we can double-tap on the home button. It's still awkward because of the width.
    2014-09-21 04:18 PM
    i see absolutely NOTHING interesting in the new iPhones.

and even less in iOS8, still cannot make basic things...

..: Enviado desde mi i5 :..
    2014-09-21 04:27 PM
    Try reachability just by tapping (not pressing) the home button. Hope that helps.
    It does help but it's easier to just adjust my grip slightly

The 6 is just right when using the phone's dial pad (it is a phone afterall). It seems like it might be awkward on the 6+ though. Any thoughts from 6+ owners?

The screen is amazing. For instance the startup screen on the cnn app is all black with the red cnn logo. Even in a dark room it's difficult to tell the screen from the phone body (space grey iPhone 6 of course)
    Last edited by bmwraw8482; 2014-09-21 at 04:37 PM.
    2014-09-21 04:31 PM
    Still waiting on the 6+ to arrive... and happy to wait for the one that I want. It should be hear later this week.

I chose the 6+ over the 6 for not only the larger screen... but also the increased battery life and the native landscape mode (which the 6 does not have). I had been using the SBRotator JB teak on my 5s... now it's one less tweak I'll need on the 6+. I had pre-ordered the 6+ Apple leather case too and that arrived last week... so it already gives me an idea of the phone's size. The case fits in my front pocket no problem.
    2014-09-21 04:39 PM
    I'm loving my 6+!!!! I'm having the darnedest time trying to find a case for it though... No stores seem to have them... Guess I have to order online. I got the 6 for my wife, and I'll admit the 6 feels more like the perfect size for a iPhone. But I have banana hands so the 6+ is great for me.
    Maybe you could buy a purse for it or a backpack or something.
    2014-09-21 07:29 PM
    Maybe you could buy a purse for it or a backpack or something.
    Ha!!!
    Kind of my thoughts. It's HUGE!! But I guess people wanted big screens. I love my new iPhone 6, it's so pretty....
    2014-09-21 09:04 PM
    I like the new keyboard options but they seem temperamental and don't always want to work!
    2014-09-21 10:11 PM
    I just started using the third party keyboards and so far I like it.
    2014-09-21 10:14 PM
115 ... 23456
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD