I'm saying that first claim doesn't follow with the facts, and their desire to get a free replacement is motivation to not tell the truth.
    http://www.macrumors.com/2014/09/23/...nding-pockets/

This one reports a very normal use of the phone yet it still bends. Yet everyone has to be lying just to get new phones...
    mod/edit links removed.
    2014-09-24 05:41 AM
    FYI, you could do this test with the iphone 4, 4s, 5 and 5s with similar results. I remember repairing a screen on a 4 that had a bent midframe right at the exact same spot where the volume button is. Had to tweak it back into place.

Some iPhone 6 Plus Owners Accidentally Bending Their iPhones in Pockets - Mac Rumors

This one reports a very normal use of the phone yet it still bends. Yet everyone has to be lying just to get new phones...
    Keep in mind that the phone still functioned despite his brutal attempt to break it.
    Last edited by kickerman65; 2014-09-24 at 05:57 AM.
    Apples taste good. PwnApples taste better!
    2014-09-24 05:54 AM
    To say this is a stupid test and claim is an understatement. "Hey Apple, my phone bent after this elephant stepped on it, you suck". How about you don't get your phone near any elephants…that should work.

The dude in the video was REALLY applying a significant amount go force, more than any force the tightest jeans could apply.

In other words, is Heman or Superman using this phone? HTF can you bend it by it just being in your jeans? People, STFU and buy the phone and stop whining, I assure you it won't bend!! Geez
    Last edited by Al226; 2014-09-24 at 06:34 AM.
    2014-09-24 06:29 AM
    We need someone to test the note also, and other phablets, maybe they all bend.
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=FwM4ypi3at0
    2014-09-24 06:45 AM
    is this issue just with the 6 Plus models? Not with the regular iPhone 6?
    2014-09-24 07:11 AM
    True there's actually an android phone that is built in a banana shape the LG FLEX which a coworker of mine has never knew why they would make or design a phone shaped in bent banana way but after seeing this I guess that explains why! And I believe his phone is still a bit bigger or just as big as the iPhone 6+
    I'm sure they are desperate for a replacements as their 5 day old or newer phones are just sooo terribly worn out already. Quick I better go bend mine so I can get a replacement
    2014-09-24 08:05 AM
    Hi all:

I could imagine, how sad those owners are after they found their brand new toys bended, But on the other hand as the writer stated
    "It's worth noting that even after being bent, the device does still work perfectly as expected without damage to the display. Although the device will not sit flat on a table anymore after the bend, the display can still be used to operate the device without any cracks hindering view."

This could be Something for apple to think in the near futureto make the device a little more flexible, since the display are still working it mean the display is flexible enough to be bended a little, so the case should to the same, as the moment the iphone is quite thin.
    2014-09-24 08:16 AM
    Why would anyone spend £700 on a phone and leave it in their pocket and sit on it? That would be like putting my MacBook Pro on the couch and using it as a cushion.....of course it would get damaged but I wouldn't dream of sitting on it in the first place....the phone is thin and made of aluminium which is not the strongest metal in the world so I would expect that if I sat on it with my 12 stone weight that it might bend a bit lol
    2014-09-24 10:22 AM
    I find 5.5 inch screens stupid! 4.7-5.0 inch is a sweet spot... might as well get the 8" iPad mini if one wants to go over 5 inches.
    Or use the 6+ with a lanyard and hang it around your neck :P
    5.5 inch isn't made for pockets! And back pockets is the worst place to store any phone

I'm sure the other competitive brand 5.5 inch phones will break/crack if such pressure is applied
    2014-09-24 10:35 AM
    Come on now people, you have to be fair critics. Now this is a flaw in the 6 plus due to the size and thinness of the device. And yes this is happening in people's front pockets. Its OK to criticize Apple just like it's OK to criticize any other company with an issue. Stop being isheep/samsheep/goosheep/etc. All companies make mistakes.
    2014-09-24 10:40 AM
    is this issue just with the 6 Plus models? Not with the regular iPhone 6??
    2014-09-24 10:53 AM
    I keep my ip6+ in my front pocket all day and isn't a problem when sitting or walking. The only problem is removing from the pocket whilst sitting can be difficult and it's easier to stand up for a second remove and sit back down. I think we're forgetting that humans come in various sizes too and if you're a large person wearing tight fitting jeans then you're likely crush whatever you place in your pocket as you sit down. A thin, tall phone like the 6+ doesn't stand a chance.

Also a lot of the comments on here seem like they're from people who do not own a 6+ and are basing their views on online reports instead of actual experience. Which devalues their opinions as they are just an echo. This happens with every new launch a website finds a "fault" and the public magnifies it. Well in my experience with the 6+ the battery life (nowhere near what Apple stated but still a lot better than my ip5) and jailbreak not being available yet are the only faults. Oh and everyone I know asking to see it also gets annoying as I'm not the showing off type.
    Last edited by Gervs; 2014-09-24 at 11:08 AM.
    2014-09-24 10:55 AM
    I keep my ip6+ in my front pocket all day and isn't a problem when sitting or walking. The only problem is removing from the pocket whilst sitting can be difficult and it's easier to stand up for a second remove and sit back down. I think we're forgetting that humans come in various sizes too and if you're a large person wearing tight fitting jeans then you're likely crush whatever you place in your pocket as you sit down. A thin, tall phone like the 6+ doesn't stand a chance.
    Ditto....I haven't damaged mine and it's always in my front pocket....it's just using a bit of common sense...if it's tight in your pocket when you sit down either get looser trousers or take your phone out of your pocket.....and the same probably happens with Galaxy note but it's plastic so will just flex and go back to shape whereas aluminium will flex and stay that way
    2014-09-24 10:58 AM
    True there's actually an android phone that is built in a banana shape the LG FLEX which a coworker of mine has never knew why they would make or design a phone shaped in bent banana way but after seeing this I guess that explains why! And I believe his phone is still a bit bigger or just as big as the iPhone 6+
    I actually think it's called LG "Curve"..
    2014-09-24 11:09 AM
    Duh! If you apply the right amount pressure to anything it'll eventually bend or break!!! SMH
    2014-09-24 01:04 PM
    Do you saw where he chose to bend the iPhone?
    2014-09-24 01:35 PM
    Are you kidding me? I don't care what company builds the phone, any phone this big and thin is going to be subject to bending easier than a thicker smaller screen phone. If you want a thin big screen phone then use a little common sense and take care of it properly. Apple builds some of the best quality phones and devices period. Not some plasticy garbage crap other manufacturers pump out.
    But yet it still gets damaged
    2014-09-24 02:22 PM
    Some Phone designs are, by their design, much more durable. You could take an iPhone 4 in an OtterBox case and throw it against the ground hard and nothing would happen to it. But even an OtterBox case on a long thin phone like the 6+ is not going to protect completely - simply due to its long thin design.

Moral of the story? Be more careful with your iPhone 6+… Back pocket is probably not a good choice - ever, with 'any' phone; front pocket, skinny jeans, sitting down - equally not a good choice… Modify your phone storage behavior. Time for a "fanny pack" for some of you.. young people and your super skinny jeans! Lol!
    Last edited by NewD; 2014-09-24 at 02:28 PM.
    2014-09-24 02:26 PM
    That's one way to get a curved screen!

I'd like to see them test the 6 too.
    2014-09-24 02:56 PM
    is this issue just with the 6 Plus models? Not with the regular iPhone 6??
    Only been reported with the 6+
    2014-09-24 03:27 PM
96 12345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD