Obviously, people aren't bending it as badly as they are in the video but this wouldn't even be an issue if people hadn't had the phone bend by just being in their pocket. A lot of people carry their phone in their front pocket and the fact is, the 6 plus can bend if you carry it there. This isn't an issue for me because I don't wear tight pants and I never carry my phone in my front pocket. I always carry it in my cargo pocket. I think they focused too much on making the device super thin and neglected to think that having a phone that is 5.5 inches and that thin might be too easily bent.

I wonder if Apple will start shipping out free bend protective cases? LOL
    2014-09-25 03:18 PM
    And this guy also failed to mention that half the phones he was trying to bend or twice as thick.
    That's got nothing to do with it though. The HTC One is 2.5 mm thicker and actually probably even thinner at the edges as the back curves.

Maybe they just cocked up trying to make a phone too thin. Other manufacturers got round this by making them a bit thicker and sturdier. The Moto X is 9.9 mm and was rock solid.

What would you rather have? Bragging rights to a thinner phone or sturdier and quite possibly more room for a bigger battery?
    2014-09-25 03:53 PM
    Obviously, people aren't bending it as badly as they are in the video but this wouldn't even be an issue if people hadn't had the phone bend by just being in their pocket. A lot of people carry their phone in their front pocket and the fact is, the 6 plus can bend if you carry it there. This isn't an issue for me because I don't wear tight pants and I never carry my phone in my front pocket. I always carry it in my cargo pocket. I think they focused too much on making the device super thin and neglected to think that having a phone that is 5.5 inches and that thin might be too easily bent.

I wonder if Apple will start shipping out free bend protective cases? LOL
    It's still the user's fault. They purchased a larger phone but are unwilling to change the way they carry it around? Stupid. Different products need different care. A unibody aluminum phone will bend or warp if you twist it wrong, a glass screen will shatter if you drop it. It's the user's responsibility NOT to mistreat their phone.

Sure, maybe this is a problem Apple did not foresee and maybe they should issue a warning to people that don't know how to take care of their new iPhone, but there are some things that are just common sense. You wouldn't dunk a phone in water and then blame Apple for not explicitly telling you not to do that.
    2014-09-25 03:53 PM
    It's still the user's fault. They purchased a larger phone but are unwilling to change the way they carry it around? Stupid. Different products need different care. A unibody aluminum phone will bend or warp if you twist it wrong, a glass screen will shatter if you drop it. It's the user's responsibility NOT to mistreat their phone.

Sure, maybe this is a problem Apple did not foresee and maybe they should issue a warning to people that don't know how to take care of their new iPhone, but there are some things that are just common sense. You wouldn't dunk a phone in water and then blame Apple for not explicitly telling you not to do that.
    If other phones of similar size aint doing the same though you don't expect a company such as Apple, with a reputation based on premium build and quality, to release a phone that can damage so easy.

Yes maybe they could take care of their products a bit better but a lot have bought a product that is clearly not built to a standard it should be.
    2014-09-25 04:02 PM
    My opinion- I think there is a design flaw in the 6 Plus that the 6 doesnt have. I think there are WAY too many apple apologists out there saying this is the person's fault. Sounds a lot like "you're holding it wrong" antenna-gate too; blame the user for a product fault.
    I think at most itís a grey area. Yes, the phone bends, but only if youíre putting significant pressure on it. No matter what these phones are highly sophisticated and relatively fragile objects. People should be taking better general care of them. True that other phones made of other materials donít suffer as badly, but does that equate to a design flaw that needs corrected? Not necessarily. It just means itís not quite as durable as other phones. As someone else pointed out, expensive sportscars are sometimes made of fiberglass bodies that will suffer more damage in a ďfender-benderĒ but that doesnít mean itís a design flaw. (not saying iPhone is a sportscar, just a basic comparison for perspective)

I guess spending so much on a faulty device is really hard to swallow.

Edit: I just watched the video and I have to agree that it is retarded. When he did the HTC after the iPhone 6, he is using a lot more force then the iPhone because you can see his hands shaking where as it was not shaking at all during the iPhone.
    Itís not a faulty device. Had it come fro mthe factory bent, that is faulty. But forcing it to bend under extraordinary pressure is not faulty. It just means itís not as durable as other phones. There are similar instances of this in many products.

Also, I think itís hilarious that you are calling out the people in the video as going easy on the iPhone 6 for taking it too easy and being biased, when they are the very people who set out to prove to the world that the 6+ bends! Did you not think that maybe heís shaking because his hands are fatigued from trying to bend the 6 before? Itís just funny that the moment something doesnít go the way you fanboys think it should, you immediately call bias on it, even when they are clearly not biased since they posted the first video! Just proves fanboys are just as bad in both camps.

We should have an official response from Apple by now.
    Itís only been like a day and half! Give them a little time to evaluate the situation and do some testing of their own! I still question if itís as bad as people make it out to be. Put enough pressure on something and it will bend or break. The video shows a lot of focused pressure applied. And while it doesnít hold up as well as other phones, that doesnít necessarily constitute a major flaw.

Maybe Apple will have to come out and admit it is not as durable as other phones, but I donít think they owe much more than that unless they test and find it really bends badly under more normal use circumstances.
    Last edited by fleurya; 2014-09-25 at 04:31 PM.
    2014-09-25 04:17 PM
    Just stop wearing those damned skinny jeans! Or get a fanny pack! 😂 You'd look no more ridiculous wearing a fanny pack than you do holding a 5.5" phablet to your ear when you're talkingÖ 😜
    2014-09-25 04:37 PM

Putting your phone in your pocket is not something that should have to be avoided. LOL. That's silly. If you spend that much on a product, it should be durable enough to go in a pocket. Like I said, I probably wouldn't have a problem since my phone goes in my cargo pocket but it's pretty common to carry a phone in your front pocket.

Comparing it to dunking it in water is absurd. Dunking a phone in water is clearly negligent whereas carrying a phone in a phone in a pocket, like you've been doing for years, is common practice. Doesn't it strike you as odd that this is the only phone on the market right now having this issue? Oh, but it's the consumer's fault. LMAO.
    2014-09-25 06:41 PM
    http://www.macrumors.com/2014/09/23/...nding-pockets/

To Everyone saying take better care of the phone here is a story about a person who held his phone in his front pocket of his suit and it still happened. A suit is not exactly tight hipster jeans...
    mod/edit links removed.
    2014-09-25 08:16 PM
    Same story~
    2014-09-25 08:25 PM
    Some iPhone 6 Plus Owners Accidentally Bending Their iPhones in Pockets - Mac Rumors

To Everyone saying take better care of the phone here is a story about a person who held his phone in his front pocket of his suit and it still happened. A suit is not exactly tight hipster jeans...
    There you go. I like to pick on skinny jean wearing hipsters as much as the next guy but this clearly isn't the issue with the 6 plus. I sort of feel bad for Apple in a way. Not that it will stop the iSheep from bahhhing the phone anyway.
    2014-09-25 08:44 PM
    There you go. I like to pick on skinny jean wearing hipsters as much as the next guy but this clearly isn't the issue with the 6 plus.
    Exactly.. It's a little silly to blame the jeans.. Though it's also fair to say.. Hey, Apple -- this is 'what we wear'.. In addition to making it thin - PLEASE fortify the middle of the phone so it doesn't bend. Again -- no other phone, that's the iPhone 6+'s size, is really having the same level of bending issues.
    2014-09-25 10:28 PM
    Not sure i can believe this considering it doesn't say it was an 'Official' test like the test on the 6+....or was it???
    2014-09-26 01:43 AM
    No bend issues with iPhone 6plus
    2014-09-27 06:14 AM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD