User Tag List

iOS 8 includes a new feature on the iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus called Reachability, which makes it so that you can easily use the device(s) with one hand. The Reachability feature will drag the top of the screen down more so you can reach any buttons at the top of the screen while your hand is on the bottom of the device. Reachability is accessed by double-tapping (not pressing) the Touch ID sensor.

If you want a feature similar to Reachability on your iOS 7 device, such as your iPhone 5, iPhone 5c, or iPhone 5s, then check out a new free jailbreak tweak called Reachability7 by iOS developer Mohamed Marbouh.

Reachability7 is an Activator-based jailbreak tweak that lets you invoke a state where your screen comes down further to the bottom of the display so that you can tap on screen-top elements easier with one hand. You can see how Reachability7 works on the Home Screen, as well as in applications, via the screenshot examples above.

Since the tweak is Activator-based, invoking your Activator action once will enable Reachability7, and invoking your Activator action again will disable Reachability7. The tweak adds a preferences pane to the Settings application where you can enable or disable the tweak on demand, configure an Activator action, and even configure the Reachability shift height:

If you want to get started with Reachability7, it's available for free right now in Cydia's BigBoss repository. iOS 7 is required for the installation, and if you don't already have Activator, it will be installed alongside Reachability7.

Name: Reachability7
    Price: FREE
    Version: 0.1-1
    Requirements: iOS 7.0-7.1.2, Activator, libobjcipc
    Tested on: iPhone 5 running iOS 7.1.2
    Repo: BigBoss
    Developer: Mohamed Marbouh
    Editor's Rating:  5/5

You can watch our video review of Reachability7 below:

Last edited by Anthony Bouchard; 2014-09-28 at 10:16 PM.
    2014-09-28 04:54 PM
    Tbh this tweak is pretty awesome. I dont care about talk of bendgate. Ima get a case anyways. Gotta start getting ready for when i get the 6+
    2014-09-28 08:34 PM
    Question, why would you even need reachability on 3.5 or 4.0 screen? Must have some REALLY tiny hands.
    2014-09-28 08:54 PM
    Question, why would you even need reachability on 3.5 or 4.0 screen? Must have some REALLY tiny hands.
    That's just it. People come in all different shapes and sizes, so different strokes for different folks!
    2014-09-28 08:55 PM
    This has been very useful on my i6. I can appreciate how folks with smaller hands would appreciate this on an i5/i5S. Probably less so for smaller devices.
    2014-09-29 12:37 AM
    Just to get used to doing it til i get the 6+. Stil not used to it
    2014-09-29 12:40 AM
    I have the iPhone 6 and I use this feature a lot because am so use to only using one hand for my mobile and it's really easy just tapping on the home button twice not pushing down but just a gentle tab. But for the iPhone 5, 5s seems a bit dumb to have this feature also it seems to trouble some. He's having trouble getting it to work correctly and also not sure if any one else noticed but when he changed the number in the settings, the icons on the home screen stretched down that you couldn't even see your 4 bottom icons which is why he had that big gap in between each app, so really you can only have it set to a certain number and no more then that otherwise you'll have a home screen with missing icons.
    2014-09-29 02:21 AM
    I'm actually looking forward to turning Reachability off once the iOS 8 jailbreak comes out. It's useless for me, but the double-touch feature is pretty great and could be used to do far more useful things, like launching the app switcher (or launching the phone app, or any app the user designates).
    2014-09-29 05:32 AM
    iPhone 5: random, added this to my phone, noticed hours later that the wifi shut down. The phone was acting like I had no wifi period, it wouldn't even let me turn it on, it was locked in off position. Uninstalled and my wifi was back on
    2014-09-29 06:39 AM
    iPhone 5: random, added this to my phone, noticed hours later that the wifi shut down. The phone was acting like I had no wifi period, it wouldn't even let me turn it on, it was locked in off position. Uninstalled and my wifi was back on

Affecting lots of people, but no responses from the developer so far
    2014-09-29 09:58 AM
    Affecting lots of people, but no responses from the developer so far
    Same here... And the crash reporter confirms that was because of this tweak.
    2014-09-29 03:36 PM
    Definitely convenient no matter the size of the device. No need to readjust your hands at all.
    2014-09-29 05:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD