I'm not sure what video you others were watching but these kids had a difficult time trying to get these to bend.
    We're they successful? Yes!
    Was it difficult to bend them? Yes!

In fact, if I wanted to bend a 7.1mm piece of steel, I could do it with enough pressure! So what are we actually testing, now?
    2014-09-29 08:26 PM
    WOW! That definitely brings this issue to the forefront. YES, most would never do this with their own phones. Yet, the fact that it takes that little pressure to destroy this phone is NOT GOOD at all. Flimsy comes to mind. Still waiting for my 6 to arrive..hurry up :]
    Why are you waiting? do you not live near a Best Buy or an Apple store? You can cel your pre-order over the phone in a few seconds in they have what you want in stock.
    2014-09-29 08:26 PM
    I still absolutely love how all of these videos being posted are by people bendng them super forcefully with their hands....meanwhile, the reports are "it bends while in your pants pocket".. then show me a freakin video of someone putting an iPhone into their front pocket, sitting down, getting back up, and pulling it out so that it's bent. Please for the love of God show me that or STFU.
    2014-09-29 08:32 PM
    Last edited by NSXrebel; 2014-09-29 at 08:41 PM.
    2014-09-29 08:34 PM
    How much did Apple pay you to say this?
    About the same as GOOGLE paid you to ask this!

Every one has there own likes and dislikes about something and some people know how to take care of things and some people don't. I've had things for well over 3 years that still look like it's fresh out the box and I know people that had the same item/product as me but for a few months and their's are in the worst looking condition.
    2014-09-29 08:41 PM
    I have to say I'm glad to hear that they were arrested

I have two iPhone 6 Pluses 128 GB and I have to say, I doesn't feel flimsy at all, it's well-made iPhone. It is larger than expected, even though I have large hands, it still takes a little effort to manage it with one hand. But I think it's the best iPhone to date.
    Where did you see they were arrested?
    2014-09-29 08:44 PM
    I would take a guess and say a titanium back frame would be a solid fix.

Cheap fix would be a rounded aluminum backing.

The pressure it takes to bend it out of shape looks easy.

Each video I seen like this they do a second go to see how much it can take.
    When you see the first try at it you will notice it slightly goes out of shape with little pressure.

Aluminum bending over and over weakens...

Size just not made for your pocket lmao!
    2014-09-29 08:48 PM
    Can anyone bend the iPhone 5s
    2014-09-29 08:52 PM
    We are negative people because we trying to show how that these companies are manufacturing phone with high end specs in really bad casings. Yes there are some Samsung fanboys that using this bloodbath of new to hate on Apple but it is all the same. We are showcasing that big business is taking our money and giving us phones encased in casings made of poorly chosen material.

Also Apple test seem biased to me. They will only exert so much pressure on their phones in their tests, just enough that could be enough to dissuade the negative publicity.
    All these people are proving is that putting something under extreme, unrealistic circumstances will yield negative results. Nothing more. And that can be done on literally anything! How durable are your pens and pencils? How about laptop screens? I bet I could f**k up a laptop screen pretty quick with my own two hands! Anyone going to go after every laptop manufacturer over it??

Of course they will only exert “so much pressure”. They exert only enough to test its limits under normal use! DERP! Should they test it under 10,000 lbs of force, just in case a truck is dropped on it? What’s your limit exactly? What’s your expertise to know that limit is the correct one? And have you or anyone else done any looking into what kind of forces the competition puts their phones under to make sure they are pushing it enough too?? Just because theirs are withstanding enough force now, doesn’t mean it was any more rigorously tested. So you think Apple is biased? What about consumer reports? Is everyone biased until they agree with you?

This has gotten blown out of proportion, and you and everyone else has been duped by the media into think it’s something more than it is. Are they as strong as some competing phones? No! Do they need to be that strong? NO! Ignore all the BS the media and these youtube wannabe’s put out and just look at the facts: how many phones have been sold and how many have had issue? About 0.0002% (rounded up) And that’s very well below the bar to be considered any kind of significant problem!

More likely a few numbskulls who sat on or otherwise did something to their phone to damage it, and decided it would be much easier to make up a story about how it happened than eat a $700+ loss. It happens ALL THE TIME! Which is why Apple and everyone else has to go the extra mile to protect themselves by doing things like put stickers in their devices that change color when they get wet.

Ignore the sensationalism. Pay attention to the facts. That’s all you really need. That’s what tells me that this is highly unlikely to be an issue anyone who uses their phones like a sane, competent manner has to worry about.
    2014-09-29 08:56 PM
    Does he say "it's not bending" on the very first try?
    And are they shaking with effort when bending the phone?
    2014-09-29 09:04 PM
    It's a thin aluminum phone. Not a piece of **** plastic android phone.

Yes aluminum bends under strong pressure, and?

Put a dam Note 3 in you back pocket, and sit on it on and off for a week, and then tell me know how that goes. I'm sure at the very least the screen will crack!

Samsung and Microsoft are entertaining this overblown "bendgate" issue since they can't find anything else to say about the new phones.

I have ZERO issues with my iPhone 6 Plus.
    2014-09-29 09:06 PM
    We are negative people because we trying to show how that these companies are manufacturing phone with high end specs in really bad casings. Yes there are some Samsung fanboys that using this bloodbath of new to hate on Apple but it is all the same. We are showcasing that big business is taking our money and giving us phones encased in casings made of poorly chosen material.

Also Apple test seem biased to me. They will only exert so much pressure on their phones in their tests, just enough that could be enough to dissuade the negative publicity.
    How dare these companies manufacture products with poorly chosen materials!! If we are spending hundreds/thousands of dollars, they shouldn't bend, crack, break, crush, burn, melt, explode, detonate, implode, warp, time travel..etc... under EXTREME/any conditions!!!

They shouldn't even have to BLEND!!

2014-09-29 09:25 PM
    What's the deal with people today, that when they commit a crime, they make a video and share it on the internet with their faces in it? I guess on the plus side, it makes cops' job easier.

Looks like they had to put a lot of force into bending it. I really doubt any other phone under that much force would do well. A plastic Android phone's housing would likely have cracked under the same amount of pressure, and it wouldn't surprise me if the LCD and digitizer would crack too. I'm not even an Apple fanboy, I've been using Android over a year now.
    2014-09-29 09:25 PM
    I'd like a support group for us iphone 6 folks. The number of times I've been asked "you bought that bendy iphone" ! My sister, mum, work colleagues, if I've been asked once I've been asked 20. I love the 6 but now I'm disguising it and hiding it away , rather than showing it off, as you turn out to be the butt of the joke. But I love it. If apple worked start support group I'd be up for it, rather than a free album from a band from your dad's era.
    2014-09-29 09:34 PM
    Checked out the note 4 at my local best buy, cant believe people buy this overpriced bending phone. The diosplay on the note 4 alone destroys any iphone features.

Checked out the note 4 at my local best buy, cant believe people buy this overpriced bending phone. The diosplay on the note 4 alone destroys any iphone features.
    Last edited by barondebxl; 2014-09-29 at 09:58 PM.
    2014-09-29 09:52 PM
    I'm an iPhone 6+ owner. I am sure if I tried to bend my phone I could, not because it feels filmsy (it doesn't at all) but because I know it's aluminium and really thin.

Having used it since launch day, I also know and can guarantee that it'll still be straight in x years time because I can't foresee any circumstance where that much force would be applied to the phone unintentionally. I mean how does anyone apply 90 pounds of force on their phone without knowing it? If it's in your front pocket your gonna feel something is wrong unless you got thighs like tree trunks (also who puts their phone in any pocket with the screen facing out? If you bump into a table corner etc the screen takes the hit, that's jus silly). Funny how consumer reports said the ip6 could take less force than ip6+ before it bent but hardly any videos of that as it's harder to bend with bare hands due to its smaller size (like how it's easier to snap a long pencil but surprising difficult to snap a really short pencil).

What I can't guarantee even for a second is that the screen won't be shattered even in 24 hours time from me accidentally dropping it, or it won't be bricked due to a unscheduled bath in the toilet or pool. If people wanna go after Apple go after these flaws as they not only make sense but also might improve the next generation of their products.
    Last edited by Gervs; 2014-09-29 at 10:11 PM.
    2014-09-29 09:59 PM
    Ya I had a family get together yesterday and my cousin she brought her BF over also. He saw my 6-Plus and asked if it was bent? I said no! I haven't had the urge to take out my iPhone 6+ of my pocket and just to Shyt away $1000.00 of my hard earned money. LMAO

I still waiting for the 15-18 hour test that shows someone still is sitting down driving with their iPhone 6+ in their front pocket for 6 hrs, then walking around for another 3 hrs with the phone in their front pocket, then drive for another 6 hours with the phone in their in front pocket, then get home on put it on the table and show the results. This was the original story for the basis of the bending iPhone 6 Plus. But yet no one has yet to replicated it correctly.

Plus I hope Apple nails these 2 kids and makes a great example out of them to stop this from going viral. I can see this spreading to other stores and cell phone carriers stores also.
    Last edited by Carvensno; 2014-09-29 at 10:03 PM.
    2014-09-29 10:00 PM
    Yet you didn't buy it, I guess your waiting for the 6+ to come back in stock 😊
    2014-09-29 10:06 PM
    Let's make a deal, you ship me a Note 4 and I'll perform my own bend test on it. In fact, send me any Android phone and I'll do a bend test video w/ all of them!!! What do you think the results will be?

How's that sound?!?!
    2014-09-29 10:15 PM
    How come the YouTube links on this site never work on my phone but I can click links from other sites?
    2014-09-29 10:16 PM
96 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD