Fresh in the Cydia Store is a new jailbreak tweak called Ascend by Andrew Wiik and Evan Luther. This tweak will put to rest those feelings of nostalgia that you might have for the iOS 6-style Lock Screen and make your iOS 7 Lock Screen look sexier.

As you can see from the screenshots above, the new tweak brings back the slider at the bottom of the Lock Screen with an iOS 7-style spin to it. The beautiful new passcode and notification interfaces also resemble that of iOS 6, but with an iOS 7-style spin.

The tweak adds a preferences pane to the Settings application where you can configure the tweak's appearance to your liking:

From here, you can enable or disable the tweak on demand, enable or disable dark mode, enable or disable using the default passcode, and choose your own blur radius (4.5 is recommended, and is the default).

Ascend is fully compatible with some other popular Lock Screen jailbreak tweaks, such as Convergence, AndroidLockXT, and Stride 2, and others, so if you're a user of any of those, you can rest assured that you won't have any conflicts. We recommend using a lighter wallpaper with Ascend.

Ascend is available right now in Cydia's BigBoss repository for only a dollar. The tweak requires iOS 7.1.x to be used.

Name: Ascend
    Price: $1.00
    Version: 2.1-321
    Requirements: iOS 7.1-7.1.2
    Tested on: iPhone 5 running iOS 7.1.2
    Repo: BigBoss
    Developer(s): Andrew Wiik and Evan Luther.
    Editor's Rating:  5/5
    Last edited by Anthony Bouchard; 2014-10-03 at 04:56 AM.
    2014-10-02 09:00 PM
    Looks really nice, but it sends my iphone5 (7.1.2) into a continuous reboot. Something is not playing nice with Ascend and a tweak.
    I am not going to try and find out what Ascend doesn't like given that I have over 20 tweaks and jb apps on the device and trying to get it out of reboot loops is a long and tiresome process.
    2014-10-03 06:58 AM
    Nice but sometimes causes some resprings ...
    2014-10-03 01:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD