The deal seeking site Groupon recently launched a new application called Snap. The app pays users cash back for purchasing specific items when at the grocery store. Users can download Snap by Groupon for iOS and start to earn cash back for buying featured items each week at any supermarket or retailer in the US or Canada. When users accumulate $20 (or more) from their purchases they will be eligible to cash out.

The items that are discounted can range from generic product categories to specific brands. Current promoted items in the app include a dollar back on any gallon of milk or bread purchase, 75 cents back on any Barilla sauce, or $3 cash back on Huggies diapers. It should be noted that app requires users to snap a photo of their receipt after they have purchased the eligible items. Receipts are said to be processed within 48 hours and users are sent a check once they earn the minimum. Groupon had the following to say regarding the matter in a press release:

Snap is the latest way that we're helping people discover new brands and save money on the things they buy every day. We're using the power of smartphones to make couponing easier and more convenient while paying people to shop. And to help celebrate the launch, we're giving away a year of free groceries a $13,000 value.
    Those of you interested in downloading the 36.4 MB app can do so for free from the iOS App Store. Keep in mind the app is designed for both the iPhone and iPad and requires iOS 6.0 or later.

Source: Groupon (Press Release), Snap by Groupon for iOS (iTunes)

Twitter: @AkshayMasand
    2014-10-03 07:24 AM
    My apologies in advance if this is a stupid question, but I just wanted to be sure. This is actual cash that will be sent to your bank account, right? They don't simply credit it to your Groupon account so you can only use the cash back for future Groupon purchases, hopefully?
    2014-10-04 02:50 AM
    My apologies in advance if this is a stupid question, but I just wanted to be sure. This is actual cash that will be sent to your bank account, right? They don't simply credit it to your Groupon account so you can only use the cash back for future Groupon purchases, hopefully?
    It says you can get cash via check mailed to you after $20 credit. So, hopefully.
    2014-10-04 01:22 PM
    One of MANY apps that do this...

The person I'm seeing does this daily and get's checks every so often. Many times get's free things or get's paid when she buys them - paid $4 for $50 worth of product today using coupons and the apps gave her an additional $10... So made $6 in the end.
    Last edited by artbran; 2014-10-05 at 03:50 AM.
    2014-10-05 03:47 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD