Almost two years ago, a popular hands-free 360 panoramic photography application for iPhone 5 and iPhone 5s was introduced to the market called Cycloramic. With it, you could stand up your iPhone 5 or iPhone 5s on a flat and glossy surface, and the application would take advantage of the iPhone's vibrator to make the device spin by itself while capturing a panoramic photograph without you needing to touch the device.

The developers behind this ingenious application have figured out how to make the application work with the new iPhone 6, despite the fact that the new iPhone has curved edges and can no longer stand straight up on a surface. The developers note that Apple has included everything that you need to use Cycloramic for the iPhone 6 right in the iPhone's original packaging box:

This revolutionary, fully automated mode lets your phone do all the work. Just put your iPhone 6 on top of your power adapter on a smooth and level surface (granite, marble or wood desk) and it will automatically rotates 360 degrees using the phone's internal vibration motor. As it rotates, the phone takes multiple photos, instantaneously stitches them together, and generates a panoramic photo viewable in our immersive viewer.

The new Cycloramic application made specifically for the iPhone 6 can make the iPhone 6 spin when you place the iPhone 6 in between the metal prongs of your provided AC adapter, which sits flat on a flat and glossy surface. In turn, the device's vibration makes the AC adapter spin, even though the iPhone itself isn't touching the flat surface.

With the use of these prongs, you can either angle the iPhone 6 facing downward or upward, meaning no more completely flat angles, and this means interesting new photography.

The application is only compatible with the iPhone 6, and no other iPhone. It's unknown at this point in time if this will work with the iPhone 6 Plus, but due to the larger surface area, the prongs on the AC adapter may not be enough to keep the iPhone stable during the panoramic process.

Cycloramic for the iPhone 6 is a separate download in the App Store from the original iPhone 5 and iPhone 5s version. If you want to give it a try, it's available in the App Store right now for $1.99 from this link.

Sources: App Store
    2014-10-06 11:42 PM
    Sounds like a good way to scratch the [email protected]* out of the back of the phone.
    2014-10-07 12:00 AM
    Well that sucks! I'm not buying this again that's BS, should be a free upgrade.
    Last edited by Carvensno; 2014-10-07 at 12:40 AM.
    2014-10-07 12:27 AM
    I'm going to buy an iPhone 6 now! J/k i already have one 😜
    2014-10-07 12:45 AM
    By gawd some people have way too much time and ingenuity.
    2014-10-07 04:47 AM
    I usually try to not poo poo apps because I can't make them so pretty much any app is better than one I can make but WTF is the reason for this crappy app? Oh look, my phone can vibrate and move around and take a 360 pano..... Really?
    2014-10-07 06:07 AM
    Wow... this isn't a free upgrade?! Disappointing!
    No thank you... wouldn't want to scratch my iPhone with the adapter pins.

Besides, the lomograph spinner 360 is all one needs to take stunning panaroma pics with super accurate colors... because it uses film
    2014-10-07 08:45 AM
    Reviews state it's not working for the 6 Plus at all...anyone have results for just the 6?
    2014-10-07 04:21 PM
    Sounds like a good way to scratch the [email protected]* out of the back of the phone.
    It'll fit between the prongs while its in a case. I just tried it.

I recommend putting a small piece of electrical tape on the prongs if you're not using a case, to avoid any scratches.
    2014-10-07 09:44 PM
    As if you'd want to carry the power plug adapter around in your pocket all the time so you'd have it on hand for this app. I had the last version and got sick of trying to find surfaces to make it work on not long after downloading it. Apart from what was said about 6 plus not working, I won't be wasting my time again with this version of the app.
    2014-10-08 04:10 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD