As most of you know by now, iOS 8 brings you the ability to install third-party keyboards from the App Store, which can be used in place of the usual point and tap keyboard that Apple has made you use for years. If you don't yet know how to install a third-party keyboard, you can read our guide at this link.

On Wednesday, one of the more popular (and free) third-party keyboards for iOS known as SwiftKey has received a major update that brings the keyboard a number of improvements for users. The latest version of the keyboard that can now be downloaded from the iOS App Store is version 1.0.1.

The developers of SwiftKey recommend installing the latest version of iOS (iOS 8.0.2) for this update to impact your usage as efficiently as possible, as iOS 8.0.2 fixes some bugs with the iOS 8 third-party keyboard system.

Version 1.0.1 of the SwiftKey keyboard for iOS 8 comes with improvements such as improved performance, which makes the keyboard load much faster, and improvements to the keyboard's stability. In addition, some bugs have been squashed, including issues with the bottom row of the keyboard disappearing on the iPad, problems with the keyboard crashing when you would backspace into Emoji characters, problems with the keyboard crashing when typing in a sequence of letters and numbers, and other general stability improvements.

If you're an existing user of the SwiftKey keyboard for iOS 8, then you will find this update under the Updates tab in the App Store application. Alternatively, all iOS 8 users can download the latest version of SwiftKey keyboard for free from this App Store link.

Sources: App Store
    2014-10-08 03:57 PM
    The only thing that makes me not like this keyboard is the fact that all my shortcuts don't work... I use a lot of shortcuts too; Cats (Cruzin at the spot) Yy (yeah yeah) Ab (Aloha Bruddah) Isw (I stay workin) are just a few daily ones...
    2014-10-08 04:36 PM
    The only thing that makes me not like this keyboard is the fact that all my shortcuts don't work... I use a lot of shortcuts too; Cats (Cruzin at the spot) Yy (yeah yeah) Ab (Aloha Bruddah) Isw (I stay workin) are just a few daily ones...
    I do too. It's too bad that they have yet to add a shortcut saying to the app to allow you to add your own shortcuts to the keyboard.

EDIT: This is all by far the best keyboard on the market right now in my opinion.
    Last edited by TDH Advocate; 2014-10-08 at 09:48 PM.
    2014-10-08 05:35 PM
    Curiosity getting the better of me but what do these actually mean? Yeah yeah is self explanatory but I stay workin? And cruzin at the spot? Call me a Brit and a pedant but I tend to use English the way I was taught! And I'm not trolling merely interested
    2014-10-08 07:50 PM
    Island style improper English... I stay home instead of I'm at home, Stay working instead of I'm at work... Cruzin at the spot lets my friends know that I'm at my most frequent place... Here many say "Like one ride?" Instead of "would you like a ride?" I was taught proper English, here on Hawaii Island its a mix of Hawaiian, Tongan, Samoan, Micronesian, Filipino, Japanese, Chinese, Portugese, Mexican, and more... The broken English here is called pidgin, it's a lot like Jamaican Patois...

In order for all the migrant workers to be able to communicate towards the end of the 1800's and into the 1900's they all seemed to form and create a funky English language...

And then I mix in my Cali slang crossed with all the East coast slang I picked up from Hip Hop over the years in with the pidgin and the proper English I was taught goes out the window sometimes...

Here's a fun example of Pidgin: http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Da_kine

And for a good laugh and insight into the broken English here:

And Siri tryin fo undastand da Kine pidgin language:

K one mo:
    Last edited by Sage I; 2014-10-08 at 09:04 PM.
    2014-10-08 08:36 PM
    I just used swift to type up this comment it's the best keyboard and it update has made it ten times better than before. I have taken off apples keyboard will be using this from now on
    2014-10-09 11:47 AM
    I'm still on the fence about this one. Although I LOVE this keyboard, that whole "We can see everything you type" thing still concerns me... And though I don't work with the NSA or hold sensitive info for Fortune 500 companies, my personal info is simply that... Personal. I don't want some joker in Cali or Dubai reading my messages to my Wife & kids... Ijs
    2014-10-09 12:26 PM
    I started to love it!
    2014-10-09 09:48 PM
    You use shortcuts to sound illiterate? Ok.
    2014-10-11 10:24 PM
    You use shortcuts to sound illiterate? Ok.
    Yes indeed... Not all my shortcuts appear illiterate though... I do use slang and lingo mixed in with proper english... Do you not ever use hip lingo or slang words or terms with your friends?

I dont see why your only comment on the topic is to bash my use of shortcuts... Is that what would be called trolling?

I also happen to live in a place that is a foreign country despite being a state of the US... English is not the primary language spoken here for many... Slang, broken english is the norm and is helpful in communicating here...

You may not want to go to the real Hawaii... The locals have lots of aloha until you dis their speech as illiterate and then you get yourself a beatdown and or told to go back to the mainland...

So i wonder why you are offended, critical or judgmental of my intial post on SwiftKey and how my shortcuts dont work... My examples were examples and not how I speak on a regular basis here on mmi, for some here may not understand...

To quote you in regards to something you posted previously on mmi: "Damn right about the first class ******ry....I admit it proudly. PLUS I wouldn't of been working anywhere.... my family has duckets! I probably would of eventually owned one of those factories and I'd have an office overlooking the floor so I could count all my money in front of all the grubby kids slaving away and chuckle to myself as I lit my pipe with a $100 bill. That would be sweet!"

You feel superior to others because your family has duckets. You would laugh at the grubby kids slaving away as you lit your pipe with a hundred doller bill.

Wow. You make fun of people to feel better about yourself... Mommy and daddy dont know how to be there for you do they... They probably give you money and material objects to shut you up and keep you occupied while they're too busy making money to give you love and attention... So you take this out on strangers on the internet... I looked at many of your posts and you seem like you're not a very nice person and like to be a jerk and judge people just because you're bored.
    Last edited by Sage I; 2014-10-12 at 12:29 AM.
    2014-10-11 11:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD