On Thursday, Zynga celebrates the fifth anniversary of the insanely popular Words With Friends Scrabble-like word game for iOS devices like the iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad with the launch of a completely new version of the game called New Words With Friends.

New Words With Friends offers a number of new features that Zynga claims people want, including the following:

• A redesigned user interface with speed and iOS 8 aesthetics in mind
    • The ability to join community matches
    • The ability to play a new offline solo mode
    • A new dictionary for learning meanings of words
    • A new Word of the Day
    • Improvements to user profiles complete with performance statistics and the works

You can watch the trailer video below:

In Zynga's blog post, the company includes an interesting info-graphic about Words With Friends with statistics that you can check out below:

If you're interested in grabbing the New Words With Friends game from the App Store, you can follow this App Store link. The game is completely free to download and free to play. The application is universal for the iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad.

Sources: Zynga
    2014-10-09 04:22 PM
    Down with zynga! Down I say!! Down!!!

......beware......
    Just your friendly neighborhood Spider-Man!
    2014-10-09 04:30 PM
    People still play Words with Friends? I played for about 4 months when the game came out. So apparently I haven't played it in more than 4.5 years.
    2014-10-09 04:48 PM
    Just so happens that actually it also integrated with dictionary.com as I use their app as a dictionary in my classes, surprised how little zynga have said about this? I do wonder why?
    2014-10-09 10:46 PM
    People still play Words with Friends? I played for about 4 months when the game came out. So apparently I haven't played it in more than 4.5 years.
    I also played for about 4-5 months. Then the App Store was swarmed with apps to help cheat at the game. That ended the word with friends "mini era" for me. From that moment on, EVERYONE was cheating in my head, even if they only scored 5 points 😜
    Do what you can when you can, Why Wait?
    2014-10-10 04:23 AM
    oh when will they ever add 3-4 player mode?
    2014-10-10 05:12 AM
    Looks exactly the same to me... Smh
    2014-10-10 02:32 PM
    I love that they have a Tinder-style matchmaking system now... Haha
    2014-10-10 09:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD