Apple has yet to announce an official date for the launch of the highly anticipated feature, Apple Pay. The Cupertino-based company presented many retail companies such as Disney, Sephora, Staples, Macy’s, and more last month as companies that would be supporting this feature when released. However, it has been reported recently that there are many other retail companies out there that won’t be incorporating this system as a source of payment, at least not yet. Some of the big named companies like Best Buy, Sears, and Bed Bath and Beyond have already noted that they won’t have the system set up anytime soon according to The Daily Dot.

The Daily Dot was able to compile a list of companies that won’t be participating in Apple Pay for now: Best Buy, H&M, Coach, Bed Bath & Beyond, Sears, Kmart, BP, Publix, Pizza Hut, Chipotle and last but not least Starbucks. Starbucks is a surprising one because they were noted by Apple to be a supporting company of Apple Pay. A representative from the popular coffee company did state however, that they would be incorporating Apple Pay in their iPhone app but won’t be accepting NFC payments in stores.

When Apple Pay launches, it has been noted that some 220,000 retail stores will be accepting this feature. We will update you when the feature is released in iOS 8 or 8.1.

Source: The Daily Dot

Twitter: @AkshayMasand
    2014-10-11 11:51 PM
    It might be as secure as Apple says but I won't be uploading my cards anywhere. In the uk we have chip & pin & contactless soooo....
    2014-10-12 12:52 AM
    It might be as secure as Apple says but I won't be uploading my cards anywhere. In the uk we have chip & pin & contactless soooo....
    Contactless is a joke anyone can use your card for small transactions with out any check but at least with a iPhone 5s or 6 a finger print would be needed! Personally I can't wait for it to come to the UK
    2014-10-12 01:24 AM
    I can appreciate both sides' perspective on adoption of this technology. I would wonder if those who are for and use the new iphone and start shedding their credit cards from their wallets don't start shunning businesses that don't make it easier for them to make purchases. Merchants could start seeing a shift in their customers.
    2014-10-12 01:30 AM
    If ppl can get photos off of iCloud then they can get my information.
    2014-10-12 02:54 AM
    You know those are not completely secure either right? At least, from my understanding, with Pay, no personal info or card info is ever exchanged.

Contactless is a joke anyone can use your card for small transactions with out any check but at least with a iPhone 5s or 6 a finger print would be needed! Personally I can't wait for it to come to the UK
    5S may have TouchID but it doesn't have NFC, Pay will only work with iPhone 6, 6 Plus and Watch.

If ppl can get photos off of iCloud then they can get my information.
    People can get photos off iCloud or any other site or cloud service, IF you use WEAK passwords. Quit trying to make it seem like iCloud is not secure. As was stated by several celebrities, some of them didn't even have iCloud or any kind of iPhone or any other iDevice.
    2014-10-12 03:31 AM
    You know those are not completely secure either right? At least, from my understanding, with Pay, no personal info or card info is ever exchanged.

5S may have TouchID but it doesn't have NFC, Pay will only work with iPhone 6, 6 Plus and Watch.

People can get photos off iCloud or any other site or cloud service, IF you use WEAK passwords. Quit trying to make it seem like iCloud is not secure. As was stated by several celebrities, some of them didn't even have iCloud or any kind of iPhone or any other iDevice.
    Been a iPhone user since day one. Never missed a model. It's just I feel that some things aren't meant for Apple or there phones. How many of the stock apps to you really use? Do u you use the radio in your music app or the stock app or the health app in iOS 8. I kno I don't.
    2014-10-12 03:38 AM
    Been a iPhone user since day one. Never missed a model. It's just I feel that some things aren't meant for Apple or there phones. How many of the stock apps to you really use? Do u you use the radio in your music app or the stock app or the health app in iOS 8. I kno I don't.
    wtf does that have to do with Pay and people getting photos off of iCloud??
    2014-10-12 03:45 AM
    You got it
    2014-10-12 03:47 AM
    Do you think apple stores will adopt apple pay???
    2014-10-12 08:57 AM
    Not that it matters for me but just curious... Will Apple pay work with an iPhone 5S in conjunction with an Watch since the Watch will have nfc and the phone has the fingerprint sensor?
    2014-10-12 12:13 PM
    Not that it matters for me but just curious... Will Apple pay work with an iPhone 5S in conjunction with an Watch since the Watch will have nfc and the phone has the fingerprint sensor?

No. The Apple pay for the watch works by having a pin and skin contact. It uses a pin number and must be in contact with your skin. I feel as though this is less secure. You can you send your card with pin number just as fast as paying with Apple Watch.

Maybe in the future it will work with a 5S. But they haven't announced anything about that.
    2014-10-12 01:20 PM
    Yea I doubt THAT will happen very soon. The majority (99%) of people will NOT shed their cc for many months. Until they get used to/trust the system they will ALWAYS carry their card/s on them especially since not all retailers will accept it. After a year or so or more retailers that did not jump on will make their decision after they see how this new system affects their sales. It would be like someone NOT shopping somewhere because they did not take Amex but only Mastercard/Visa. I doubt that happens at all.

No. The Apple pay for the watch works by having a pin and skin contact. It uses a pin number and must be in contact with your skin. I feel as though this is less secure. You can you send your card with pin number just as fast as paying with Apple Watch.

Maybe in the future it will work with a 5S. But they haven't announced anything about that.
    The watch still has an NFC chip in it The 5S does NOT.
    Last edited by Dranon; 2014-10-12 at 01:53 PM.
    2014-10-12 01:50 PM
    A reason to NOT buy into Apple Pay...

Credit Card Companies already get a percentage of every swipe, now Apple will get a percentage also. This will drive prices up as the retailers don't want to eat the difference.
    2014-10-12 05:28 PM
    Yea I doubt THAT will happen very soon. The majority (99%) of people will NOT shed their cc for many months. Until they get used to/trust the system they will ALWAYS carry their card/s on them especially since not all retailers will accept it. After a year or so or more retailers that did not jump on will make their decision after they see how this new system affects their sales. It would be like someone NOT shopping somewhere because they did not take Amex but only Mastercard/Visa. I doubt that happens at all.

The watch still has an NFC chip in it The 5S does NOT.
    I wasn't saying that the iPhone 5S had NFC in it. What I was suggesting was that the Apple Watch would scan, but get its verification, (instead of pin number) from the 5S's TouchID.
    2014-10-12 06:52 PM
    A reason to NOT buy into Apple Pay...

Credit Card Companies already get a percentage of every swipe, now Apple will get a percentage also. This will drive prices up as the retailers don't want to eat the difference.
    Did you even see the ridiculously small percentage Apple is taking??? something like less than 0.01% per transaction. I don't remember the exact percentage, but it 's a rather small fraction of a percent.
    2014-10-12 07:56 PM
    I think the whole idea is pointless! Seeing as I can use my bank card like I do for everything else, why would I want to use this?
    2014-10-12 08:02 PM

They use the same encryption standard. Putting information that you don't want others to gain in the cloud is just stupid.

Did you even see the ridiculously small percentage Apple is taking??? something like less than 0.01% per transaction. I don't remember the exact percentage, but it 's a rather small fraction of a percent.
    Now figure that in with billions in sales.
    Last edited by rockyseay; 2014-10-12 at 10:34 PM.
    2014-10-12 10:31 PM
    It may well be joke but only small transactions £20 can be made. With my details in the cloud wouldn't make me feel safe. As I said it could be Apple or the man down the road who says it's safe but I'll never use it! That's just my PoV and I'm sure many will use it but not me. I won't even use online banking app on my Samsung tab lol
    2014-10-12 10:51 PM
    They use the same encryption standard. Putting information that you don't want others to gain in the cloud is just stupid.

Now figure that in with billions in sales.
    Of $1 Billion in transactions, that comes out to $100k at 0.01%

Hardly a staggering figure considering the transaction amount. I'll have to dig and search for the actual percentage, but it's really not that much.
    2014-10-13 12:23 AM
35 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD