Twitter is experimenting with a new feature that will attempt to keep you in the loop of Tweets from Twitter users that you may not follow based on relation to Tweets from those that you actually do follow. The social-networking giant explains the new feature in a new blog post:

One of our goals for experimentation is to continue improving your home timeline. After all, that’s the best way to keep up with everything happening in your world. Choosing who to follow is a great first step – in many cases, the best Tweets come from people you already know, or know of. But there are times when you might miss out on Tweets we think you’d enjoy. To help you keep up with what’s happening, we’ve been testing ways to include these Tweets in your timeline — ones we think you’ll find interesting or entertaining.
    To cut a long story short, you may be following a number of related companies on Twitter that Tweet similar information to their followers, and Twitter will attempt to show you even more Tweets from other Tweeters out there that compare or are similar to the Tweets by those that you're already following.

Twitter also notes that the recommended Tweets are based on activity, popularity, and reactions, of Tweets by those that you're already following and interacting with.

While some won't be happy to hear that their Twitter timeline will soon be populated by Tweets from those that they don't follow, others will be delighted to hear that their Twitter user discovery will be productively increased by this new feature.

Sources: Twitter
    2014-10-17 04:25 PM
    I absolutely hated this in Facebook.

......beware......
    Just your friendly neighborhood Spider-Man!
    2014-10-17 04:45 PM
    No thank you, it's bad enough you keep asking if I know such and such by email
    2014-10-17 04:58 PM
    Oh great, more spam i don't want to see . Its bad enough they force all the promoted tweets on us and now this.
    2014-10-17 08:58 PM
    Personally, I don't like Twitter. I am rarely on it unless something good from one of the JB developers. Supposedly, I have 1,900 followers that are advertising something. I'm not a developer or own a business so not sure sure why they following me. I try deleting them but can't find a mass delete. I've contacted Twitter but never received a response. If it was for the JB community, I wouldn't have a Twitter account but don't want to delete my account and lose the JB developers I'm following.
    2014-10-17 10:09 PM
    The entire point of this is to keep you scrolling longer so they can feed your eyes more ads. Think about it
    2014-10-18 05:21 AM
    Dammit Twitter!!' 😡
    2014-10-18 10:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD