Facebook is adding another app to their list of projects under Creative Labs, which already includes Paper, Mentions, and Slingshot. The newest and latest app is called ‘Rooms’ and is apparently an app that is described as a place where people meet. The idea takes after ‘chatrooms’ from back when AOL was first introduced. According to Facebook,

Rooms lets you create places for the things you’re into, and invite others who are into them too.

A room is a feed of photos, videos, and text – not too different from the one you have on Instagram or Facebook – with a topic determined by whoever created the room. Early users have already created rooms for everything from beat boxing videos to parkour to photos of home- cooked meals. There’s even a room called “Kicks From Above” that showcases photographs of cool shoes in cool places.
    Users of ‘Rooms’ could go ahead and customize and modify colors, cover photos, texts, and even emojis. It was noted that in future updates, more tweaks for customization would be added. Currently, there are also member permissions that could be customized to your preference. For those who are interested but don’t want their identity revealed could change the option to remain anonymous. Names and other settings can be modified at any time. Take a look:

That’s why in Rooms you can be “Wonder Woman” – or whatever name makes you feel most comfortable and proud. You can even create different identities for different contexts. In my room for technology industry discussions I am “Josh” but in another about backpacking travel I am “jm90403” – a homage to my hometown zip code. Sometimes I want to go with my real name and sometimes I prefer a nickname. It depends.

Rooms is a 16.5MB free download from the App Store. Will you be trying out this app? Let us know below.

Twitter: @AkshayMasand
    2014-10-23 09:14 PM
    2014-10-23 09:49 PM
    No
    Lmao!! +1
    2014-10-23 09:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD