While the iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus have incredible displays and are absolutely stunning handsets, perhaps the biggest annoyance is with the retina HD display itself. Don't get me wrong, it's a great display, but many application developers are taking a long time to optimize their App Store applications to work with the new display, leaving any non-optimized applications looking zoomed in and fuzzy on the retina HD display.

To try and fix this, a new free jailbreak tweak called ForceGoodFit by iOS developer kinda is now available in Cydia that will attempt to optimize your applications for the iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus displays on the fly. As you can see from the screenshot examples above, the tweak removes the "zoomed in" effect that non-optimized applications give you on the iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus, and gives you a more regularly-sized Status Bar, keyboard, navigation bar, tab bar, and more.

More examples of the tweak in action:

The tweak works very similarly to Ryan Petrich's FullForce tweak, which if you remember, could stretch non-optimized applications to fit the iPhone 5's 4-inch display. The only major difference here is that now applications are being re-sized for the wider AND taller display, and not just the taller display. Best of all, ForceGoodFit is a free download from the Cydia Store.

The tweak does require iOS 8.x to be installed, and more importantly, it is intended only for users of iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus. If you want to give it a try, hit that refresh button in Cydia, look under your Changes tab, and you'll find it!

Name: ForceGoodFit
    Price: FREE
    Version: 1.0.2-1
    Requirements: iOS 8.0-8.1, iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus
    Repo: BigBoss
    Developer: kinda
    Editor's Rating:  5/5
    2014-10-27 07:24 PM
    Downloaded this but in settings where it asks you to select applications it's just blank
    Last edited by Mc-Lovin_341; 2014-10-28 at 12:33 AM.
    2014-10-28 12:02 AM
    Blank for me too. Resprung a couple times and nada. Will look more into it.
    2014-10-28 01:44 AM
    Blank for me too. Resprung a couple times and nada. Will look more into it.
    You have to add Ryan petrich's beta repo and he's updated 'app list' to enable this tweak to work
    2014-10-28 03:07 AM
    Went into settings and checked the apps I want to see this in. I don't notice anything different after adding the tweak.
    2014-10-28 05:12 AM
    Buy phone with bigger screen and then install a tweak to reduce the size of what's being displayed!

Makes perfect sense to me.

Check out WW3 for iOS 9/10 - Widget-Weather 3.0
    2014-10-28 05:16 AM
    Buy phone with bigger screen and then install a tweak to reduce the size of what's being displayed!

Makes perfect sense to me.
    Well it's so you can fit more on it?
    2014-10-28 04:42 PM
    If the Settings application is empty for anyone, you need to install "AppList" from Ryan Petrich's beta repository:

PHP Code:
    http://rpetri.ch/repo 
    2014-10-28 05:24 PM
    You have to add Ryan petrich's beta repo and he's updated 'app list' to enable this tweak to work
    Thanks. I did the update, but I didn't like how it worked with Snapchat. No biggie. I'll make do.
    2014-10-28 08:57 PM
    I didn't know Mobile Terminal app was compatible. If not which is the one in first screenshot?
    2014-10-29 01:38 AM
    Does it work on modmyi app?
    2014-11-03 12:41 AM
    Does it work on modmyi app?
    Yes. It is AWESOME. OMG thank you sooooo much to the dev for this tweak!!!!
    2014-11-19 06:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD
We have updated our Privacy Policy and Terms & Conditions. Please check them out.