The Apple Watch is still a while away from public release, but when Apple unveiled it at the special event in September, Apple fans were excited about the awesome new Home Screen animations that ship with the Apple Watch operating system.

An iOS developer by the name of Lucas Menge has been able to simulate what the Apple Watch Home Screen experience would be like on an iPhone. The simulation is functional and demonstrates the universe-style Home Screen with Apple's new pan and zoom animations as the user scrolls around and the new application launching animations.

Check it out below:

It would definitely be an awesome concept for a future jailbreak tweak; don't you agree?

Sources: Lucas Menge
    2014-10-28 12:29 AM
    Here take my money!
    2014-10-28 01:08 AM
    I'm glad someone made a video so that we know for sure it's not a good idea.
    2014-10-28 01:20 AM
    When can we download ?? 😁👍
    2014-10-28 01:35 AM
    wow!! That is nice!!! hope someone makes this!!

wow!! That is nice!!! hope someone makes this!!
    Last edited by lilljav; 2014-10-28 at 01:50 AM.
    2014-10-28 01:43 AM
    It would be so awesome, a whole new way to interact with ones device.
    Saw the video, i think it makes the iPhone look more alive, and not so stiff and "like every other"
    Plus i think it would really be good on 6+ big screen.
    Hope that Apple would make this happen, then it would again be, "new" thinking from Apple.
    The iOS UI we have now has been there since the beginning, let's do something different.
    2014-10-28 01:51 AM
    Whilst a good concept and brilliant idea, it seems to me that it will take a month of Sundays to find the app you want!
    2014-10-28 02:03 AM
    Whilst a good concept and brilliant idea, it seems to me that it will take a month of Sundays to find the app you want!
    In the beginning, yes, but as we would get use to it, it would be easier and quicker. but that's just my opinion.
    2014-10-28 02:08 AM
    I would definitely want this as a tweak. Looks nice and new from how ios is now.
    2014-10-28 02:12 AM
    I will so buy this if it becomes available!!!
    2014-10-28 02:26 AM
    Nice. Not sure if we will ever find any app but I'm sure this will be available at Cydia very soon.
    2014-10-28 02:46 AM
    Now that's a tweak!
    2014-10-28 02:48 AM
    Might need a search bar at the top to filter apps.
    2014-10-28 04:12 AM
    Very clean look!!!
    2014-10-28 04:31 AM
    I really want to see this become a tweak for iOS 8. It would actually give me a reason to jailbreak my phone. Right now I really have no reason to.

EDIT: When it comes to the search that everyone is asking about, look dead center of the screen when he first opens it. There is a spotlight button. It's not the best but it is only a concept design and at least it has a search. Also, most of the icons are just repeated to show features off better.

EDIT 2: This is actually available to download from cydia (even though it is just the preview shown in the video). You can find a video on how to install it on YouTube from myjailbreakmovies (idownloadblog).

EDIT 3: iDB posted a new video with an actually functional version of it called WatchSpring. I couldn't manage to get it to work for some reason however on my 5s, 8.1. Don't know what I did wrong but it almost appears as though it may only run on the iPhone 6. Or perhaps I'm just stupid and don't something very easily wrong.
    Last edited by TDH Advocate; 2014-10-29 at 09:06 AM.
    2014-10-28 05:21 AM
    The simple fix is the same the NextGenUI (GroovyCarrot) used the home button action to return you to center. Also a built in quick search feature when scrolling through the main list of apps. Setting up Folders (Nodes in NGUI) helped to reduce the clutter and "lost-ness" of the UI.
    2014-10-28 06:18 AM
    #Str8 Fiyah
    2014-10-28 07:26 AM
    Search will be key here; I'm not one to launch apps via Siri. The first time I need an app quickly and can't find it the novelty would immediately wear off. Same thing goes for the watch, actually.

Still, I think we all knew this was coming. I'll give it a shot if/when it ever becomes available. Definitely different...
    Reminding you all that YOU'RE YOUR
    2014-10-28 08:35 AM
    I liked how they set the home screen up on the Apple watch... This would be cool as a jailbreak theme, I wouldn't think it will ever be a part of the stock OS though... I personally love the wallpaper to be less obstructed, I make my apps icons slightly transparent using springtomize, fill up my dock using infinidock for most of my apps and then a page hidden below the dock using infinboard for the rest. Pretty much how I've always liked my springboard... But if this apple watch like home screen came to cydia I would try it out and see if I liked it better maybe.
    Last edited by Sage I; 2014-10-28 at 04:00 PM.
    2014-10-28 09:32 AM
    That’s almost enough to get me to JB my phone.

That’s almost enough to get me to JB my phone.
    2014-10-28 01:05 PM
30 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD