Thanks- Win XP SP3 is what I am running in Parallels on my Mac.

I don't think I'll need iTunes on the Windows side though, right? I'm thinking I would do my backup and upgrade to 8.1 in iTunes on my Mac, then JB with Pangu from the Windows side, then resume everything else back in iTunes on the Mac side. Sounds right?

Thanks!
    I think you actually may need iTunes on the windows end, but people with a Mac who already tried could answer better than I. I believe, though, that Pangu itself requires iTunes for some reason.

......beware......
    Just your friendly neighborhood Spider-Man!
    2014-11-01 06:45 PM
    I think I read u have to not only have the latest iTunes loaded(12.0.1 or something), and also have it running in the background while JB is running...

LOL...Spider-Man faster than me this time..lol
    2014-11-01 06:45 PM
    It was my understanding that they shouldn't be running after 10 minutes. I'm not sure how to tell if they're still taking CPU, but I was surprised to open Infinity Blade 3 and have it fully running and operational without any lags or loading screens
    The apps are held in RAM but they don't continue to process anything until you open them. They call it fast app switching.

It allows you to quickly return to apps but it doesn't waste any battery.
    2014-11-01 07:13 PM
    I'm still having a few issues on my iPad mini. Running warm, battery life, safari issues and no wifi symbol
    2014-11-01 07:17 PM
    I think you actually may need iTunes on the windows end, but people with a Mac who already tried could answer better than I. I believe, though, that Pangu itself requires iTunes for some reason.
    Thanks Spiderman- yep- I installed and ran Pangu in Windows XP and it says "iTunes not found. Please install iTunes" or something like that. No problem, right?

Well, it went about how I would expect a Windows install to go. I downloaded the iTunes installer from Apple, but I got several errors during install that all said "The installer has insufficient privileges to access directory C: blah blah blah. Please log on as administrator" Well, my Windows user account is already an Administrator account and I was already logged in.

So I think I will stick with plan A and wait for the Mac Pangu.

Kupe
    2014-11-01 07:42 PM
    I'm still having a few issues on my iPad mini. Running warm, battery life, safari issues and no wifi symbol
    Me too...

Having issues with Safari crashing..also random crashes..and no wifi symbol...iPad mini
    Last edited by Shawnarnold64; 2014-11-01 at 08:20 PM.
    2014-11-01 08:17 PM
    I am SSSOOOOOO frustrated!!!! I have jailbroken and restored 3 or 4 times now-since yesterday. After a short time (couple hours at most) my iPhone 6 freezes for a while then reboots for no apparent reason, then is stuck on the boot logo. It shows up in iTunes with all data listed as "other," no audio, apps, etc. I've tried rebooting using the home and power button method, but it comes back to the boot logo. I can put it into DFU, but if I leave DFU using RecBoot, it goes right back to boot logo again. This time, I only installed Activator (without setting it up) and PrefDelete, it just went white then to boot logo, with no real reason. This was after setting up TouchID and health stuff. Anyone have any ideas?
    2014-11-01 08:40 PM
    is it out for Macbook
    2014-11-01 08:56 PM
    is it out for Macbook
    Nope. I set up my old desktop running windows 7 and jailbroken a couple there. Then, I just installed iTunes on my MacBook Pro windows install-much better, quicker. They will add Mac soon enough...
    2014-11-01 08:58 PM
    All that are posting what tweaks work, here is site with a comprehensive list that is updated daily (minimum) to save time.

https://docs.zoho.com/sheet/publishe...d4095ac3a277ac
    Thanks Blkcadi- that is a great list. I don't feel so bad now waiting for the Mac Pangu. That list tells me my two must-have tweaks- MyWi and 3G Unrestrictor do not yet work with iOS 8. And same with two of my favs, Lyricalizer and SwitchSpring.

Kupe
    2014-11-01 09:33 PM
    To answer some questions:

For Windows, yes you HAVE to have itunes installed on a VM machine.

You still need to Run as Administrator even if your the administrator, already. Setup a password for Administrator and it'll install correctly.

To run Pangu on Windows, you need to Run as Administrator anyways!

DO NOT have iTunes run in the background!!! It's killed the jailbreak process for me numerous times!

When your phone reboots, if itunes auto-opens, kill it immediately!!!

Make sure you're downloading the NEWEST version of Pangu...not 1.0.1. Otherwise, you'll encounter all the beta problems w/ the jailbreak.
    2014-11-01 09:36 PM
    Me too...

Having issues with Safari crashing..also random crashes..and no wifi symbol...iPad mini
    Now my iPhone in not having any issues
    2014-11-01 09:42 PM
    Me too...

Thank you for the info. I about to JB my iPad mini non retina. I thought I did not see it on the JB list, but was going to give it a go anyway.
    2014-11-01 11:48 PM
    All that are posting what tweaks work, here is site with a comprehensive list that is updated daily (minimum) to save time.

https://docs.zoho.com/sheet/publishe...d4095ac3a277ac

Nope, they only close when you physically close them.
    TetherMe stops settings from opening every time I install it on my i6
    2014-11-02 01:36 AM
    can I jB ios 8.0.2
    2014-11-02 01:42 AM
    can I jB ios 8.0.2
    Nope 8.1 only 😜
    2014-11-02 01:44 AM
    Nope 8.1 only 😜
    just got mine yesterday 8.0.2 came installed
    2014-11-02 01:45 AM
    just got mine yesterday 8.0.2 came installed
    Update to 8.1
    2014-11-02 01:47 AM
    updateing now
    2014-11-02 01:48 AM
    i have the bootloop, after shot down. i used pangu 1.1 on iPhone5s, iPhone5, iPadmini and iPhone4s. all the same bootloop-sh*t.
    i think this is the worst Jailbreak-Release ever...
    Last edited by Daidalus; 2014-11-02 at 01:22 PM.
    2014-11-02 01:19 PM
161 ... 56789
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD