Do you ever find yourself accidentally sending messages to the wrong people because you lost your train of thought or you just weren't paying attention?

If so, a new free jailbreak tweak called DoubleCheck by iOS developer Alexandru Laurus is available for free right now in Cydia's BigBoss repository that will make it so that your text field in the Messages application actually tells you who you're about to message, as shown above.

Normally, when sending someone an iMessage, the Messages application will just say "iMessage" in the text field, but with DoubleCheck installed, it will say "iMessage to 'name of recipient.'" Likewise, if you're sending a text message, the text field normally says "Text Message," but this tweak will change it to "Text Message to 'name of recipient.'"

With the additional warning of who you're about to send a message to, it can be a step towards preventing a message to the wrong person the next time you go to fire off a message. After all, there's nothing more embarrassing than sending a personal message to your girlfriend only to find out that it went to your best friend, or someone else.

The tweak doesn't come with any options to configure and works right out of the box in the Messages application on iOS 8 devices.

Name: DoubleCheck
    Price: FREE
    Version: 0.9.0-1
    Requirements: iOS 8.0-8.1
    Tested on: iPhone 5 running iOS 8.1
    Repo: BigBoss
    Developer: Alexandru Laurus
    Editor's Rating:  5/5
    2014-11-08 01:39 AM
    Works great. Simple but helpful. Thanks!
    2014-11-08 02:59 AM
    This is a great idea but I installed this on my Ipad Mini and it says "imessage to group" despite which contact I choose.
    2014-11-08 03:16 AM
    Cool tweak.
    2014-11-08 03:43 AM
    This is a great idea but I installed this on my Ipad Mini and it says "imessage to group" despite which contact I choose.
    This bug will be fixed soon!
    2014-11-08 04:39 AM
    this was originally present in an earlier version of iOS 7. not sure why they removed it as i found it quite nice. glad to see this here.
    2014-11-08 10:41 AM
    On a iphone 6, 8.1 when I go into a group thread it says iMessage to (whoever the last iMessage thread I was in). Deleted it until its fixed.
    2014-11-08 03:16 PM
    On a iphone 6, 8.1 when I go into a group thread it says iMessage to (whoever the last iMessage thread I was in). Deleted it until its fixed.
    This is a bug that has been fixed in an upcoming update.
    2014-11-08 04:49 PM
    Why is this needed again? I do ask this question respectfully...

I believe there is always the header with the name(s) or the recipient(s) visible on the screen. Do we really have a problem looking a few inches up to be sure who we're sending a message to?
    2014-11-09 05:31 PM
    Perfect for when you don't want to text your Wife girlfriend stuff LOL
    2014-11-09 08:38 PM
    Why is this needed again? I do ask this question respectfully...

I believe there is always the header with the name(s) or the recipient(s) visible on the screen. Do we really have a problem looking a few inches up to be sure who we're sending a message to?
    Kinda wondered this myself, but hey, my philosophy is you can do what you want to your device.

......beware......
    Just your friendly neighborhood Spider-Man!
    2014-11-09 08:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD