The highly popular CallBar jailbreak tweak, intended for getting rid of that obtrusive calling interface that iOS has on the iPhone, has officially been updated for iOS 8 on Thursday, following initial iOS 7 support just over one month ago.

CallBar not only supports iOS 8, but also supports the larger retina HD displays of the iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus. The update also includes the ability to answer incoming phone and FaceTime/FaceTime Audio calls with a menu button on the Lock Screen.

Although iOS 7 and iOS 8 are very aesthetically similar, the update was necessary for CallBar to be stable and to run efficiently on the latest operating system for iOS devices. The design of CallBar for iOS 8 is identical to that of CallBar for iOS 7. Additionally, if you own CallBar for iOS 7 already, then CallBar for iOS 8 is a free download to you.

The developer warns that the tweak has not been thoroughly tested on the iPhone 6 Plus yet, so if you have this device, you may want to hold off for a little while until it has been deemed mostly bug-free.

Sources: Limneos
    2014-11-14 12:14 AM
    great keep them coming!! Be careful guys my phone got stuck on white back boot screen with apple logo but the phone is still active i just cant see anything no password screen no nothing, now i got to do a restore. I am on iphone 5s
    Last edited by IChi1d; 2014-11-14 at 12:51 AM.
    2014-11-14 12:35 AM
    great keep them coming!! Be careful guys my phone got stuck on white back boot screen with apple logo but the phone is still active i just cant see anything no password screen no nothing, now i got to do a restore. I am on iphone 5s

YES please remove this from the front page!!!! I'm stuck in boot loop. Have to restore or go into recovery

Edit:::: Nevermind mine boot looped about 4 times for 5 min then went into a turorial mode. seems buggy still would avoid.
    Last edited by Sulfer; 2014-11-14 at 01:03 AM.
    2014-11-14 01:00 AM
    I also got stuck in a boot loop and than lost all my cydia items in settings.. Very buggy .. Iphone 6 plus user
    2014-11-14 01:24 AM
    YES please remove this from the front page!!!! I'm stuck in boot loop. Have to restore or go into recovery

Edit:::: Nevermind mine boot looped about 4 times for 5 min then went into a turorial mode. seems buggy still would avoid.
    fyi if you have substrate safe mode (you probably do) you can boot into safe mode by holding the volume up bottom when you see the apple logo until it boots and then you can remove whatever tweaks in cydia. I also had the same issue with the booting to the apple logo. phone still rang etc but couldn't unlock my device or do anything. Uninstalled in safe mode and reinstalled and everything went smooth.
    Last edited by tonman23; 2014-11-14 at 01:47 AM.
    2014-11-14 01:30 AM
    Contacts not working in lock screen and phone goes to safe mode when clicking recent call button. I'm on ip6. It works fine for me except those 2 bugs
    2014-11-14 01:50 AM
    Wish the main app I need would get updated, WTF is taking PkgBackup so long? The most expensive app I've paid for and still nothing
    2014-11-14 02:01 AM
    I'm having same issues on 6+. I really hope bitesms gets updated very soon. I think the devs said a few weeks about a week ago. I hope sooner. We have quick reply now but I'm not exactly sure why apple wouldn't have completed it with quick compose as well.
    2014-11-14 02:25 AM
    I should've came hear first before I installed this now I'm stuck on boot logo iPhone 6+
    2014-11-14 02:33 AM
    Works well on iPhone 6 but not used all the features!
    2014-11-14 02:38 AM
    I'm having same issues on 6+. I really hope bitesms gets updated very soon. I think the devs said a few weeks about a week ago. I hope sooner. We have quick reply now but I'm not exactly sure why apple wouldn't have completed it with quick compose as well.
    Apple was trying to avoid blatant theft of AUKI as opposed to partial theft.
    2014-11-14 03:26 AM
    Same here. May be an incompatibility but as far as my i6 is concerned this app isn't ready for prime time.
    2014-11-14 03:34 AM
    not working iphone 6. Loop
    2014-11-14 04:01 AM
    iPhone 5s 8.1, loop

Used power/volume + and was able to uninstall in Cydia. Fixed issues.
    2014-11-14 07:25 AM
    iPhone 5s 8.1, loop

Used power/volume + and was able to uninstall in Cydia. Fixed issues.
    You were never in a Boot Loop. I just bought it and hit the same problem. It was a bug that made it look like you were stuck on the boot screen, but it was in fact the lock screen. Try it again, you'll notice that you could still activate Siri and even toggle the "boot screen" on and of just by pressing the lock button. All I had to do to fix it was do a hard reboot (lock button and home button hold) And it was fixed. Cheers.
    2014-11-14 08:01 AM
    I think everybody has been installing the old version. The developer has posted a new one called callbar for ios7 and 8 and it is build 0.8-10 and it seems to be working fine now.
    2014-11-14 09:36 AM
    not working iphone 6. Loop
    2014-11-14 09:54 AM
    Boot loop problem. Just held the power up button while holding the power button then that puts it in a kind of safe mode and uninstalled then.
    2014-11-14 12:23 PM
    Too many bugs. I'm on a 5s and it crashes soon as I press the contacts or recents buttons!
    2014-11-14 12:31 PM
    I uninstalled and reinstalled and it works perfect. No more issues on 6+.....yet. Everything seems to be working without any bugs.
    2014-11-14 12:37 PM
46 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD