If you're looking for a new and simple way to protect certain applications from getting touched while you're not looking when a simple Lock Screen passcode isn't enough, you should look into a new jailbreak tweak called Asos by iOS developer Phillip Tennen of the Cortex Dev Team.

Asos allows you to passcode-protect individual applications so that when someone is able to get past your Lock Screen passcode, you will have a second layer of defense for protecting your important applications, like Cydia, Settings, and many others.

With the tweak installed, you will see a new preferences pane in the Settings application:

From here you can enable or disable the tweak on demand, use your device's real passcode or a different one, require input of the passcode after each respring that you do, require input of the passcode after a certain amount of time (timer), and configure the applications that will be locked with the passcode that you set.

When you open this preferences pane from the settings application for the first time, you will be asked to set a passcode. This is the passcode that you will use to unlock your applications. Every time that you open this preferences pane, you will be asked for your passcode because the preferences pane is passcode-protected to prevent unwanted tampering. This passcode is separate from the passcode that you use to unlock your device, and it can be completely different.

As you can see from the first screenshot in this post, the tweak will ask you for your passcode when you attempt to launch an application that you've passcode-protected. In our case, we set a specific passcode to require when we want to open the App Store application. So the tweak is now asking us to enter the passcode that we set in order to open the App Store application.

Additionally, Asos will blur passcode-protected applications in the App Switcher so that you can't see the content of that application from the App Switcher. This helps further protect your privacy so that you don't have people seeing your applications from the App Switcher screenshot preview cards.

Another thing that's worth noting is that if you have an Touch ID-supported device, you can use Touch ID to unlock your applications instead of a passcode!

Being that Asos is so simple to use and adds that extra layer of security to your device, it's worth checking out. It's available in Cydia's BigBoss repository right now for just 99 and supports both iOS 7 and iOS 8 out of the box. Check it out!

Name: Asos
    Price: 99
    Version: 1.0.0.1-103
    Requirements: iOS 7.0-8.1
    Tested on: iPhone 5 running iOS 8.1
    Repo: BigBoss
    Developer: Phillip Tennen & Cortex
    Editor's Rating:  5/5
    2014-11-14 06:55 PM
    How does this compare to bioprotect, lockdown pro and others?
    2014-11-14 07:12 PM
    How does this compare to bioprotect, lockdown pro and others?
    Great question, one I'd be interested in knowing the answer to as well...
    2014-11-14 10:44 PM
    Looks to me like less features as it has no touch ID support.

......beware......
    Just your friendly neighborhood Spider-Man!
    2014-11-15 04:55 AM
    Applocker do the same thing plus the ability to lock folders. Very useful.
    2014-11-15 09:56 AM
    Hey y'all is winterboard updated yet? I tried installing it but it crashes my phone. Please help if u can.. I'm ready to start themeimg my iPhone 6
    2014-11-16 08:08 PM
    Hey y'all is winterboard updated yet? I tried installing it but it crashes my phone. Please help if u can.. I'm ready to start themeimg my iPhone 6
    Why don't you do a search or start a new topic instead of asking in this thread about "asos."
    2014-11-17 04:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD