If you're a fan of the rotation lock feature in iOS for preventing unwanted rotation of the user interface by accident, but still want to be able to rotate your device's user interface manually when you're feeling up to it, you should check out a new free jailbreak tweak called UIRotation8 by iOS developer ichitaso.

With UIRotation8 installed on your device, you can have rotation lock enabled so that iOS doesn't automatically rotate your user interface, but if you ever want to rotate your user interface manually using an Activator gesture, you can. The tweak lets you assign Activator gestures to four different modes:

• Landscape left
    • Landscape right
    • Right side up
    • Upside down

Additionally, the tweak adds a preferences pane to the Settings application, shown above, that lets you enable or disable the tweak on demand, configure your Activator actions, enable or disable the tweak on the Home Screen, enable or disable keeping rotation on the iPad or iPhone 6 Plus, configure rotation modes, and blacklist certain applications where you know the tweak doesn't work so well.

Whenever you invoke the Activator actions that you've set, your device's orientation will change. You can then invoke another Activator action to put it back to where it belongs. These Activator actions work even when you have your device's rotation lock enabled, so check it out!

If you want to give UIRotation8 a try, it's available for free right now in Cydia's BigBoss repository. The tweak requires Activator, so it will be installed when you install UIRotation8 if you don't have it installed already. iOS 8 is required to install this tweak, although the developer offers a separate version of the tweak for iOS 5.0 through iOS 7.1.x.

Name: UIRotation8
    Price: FREE
    Version: 1.0-1
    Requirements: iOS 8.0-8.1, Activator
    Tested on: iPhone 5 running iOS 8.1
    Repo: BigBoss
    Developer: ichitaso
    Editor's Rating:  5/5
    2014-11-17 05:27 PM
    Definitely giving this a shot!

......beware......
    Just your friendly neighborhood Spider-Man!
    2014-11-17 05:32 PM
    It adds Activator. Once Activator is installed, I lose my reachability by tapping the home button twice. I'll use this one Activator doesn't make other things NOT work on my iPhone.
    2014-11-17 08:15 PM
    It adds Activator. Once Activator is installed, I lose my reachability by tapping the home button twice. I'll use this one Activator doesn't make other things NOT work on my iPhone.
    It's hit and miss for me. I've noticed it doesn't work sometimes too.
    2014-11-18 01:17 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD