User Tag List

Yup! Is it restoring?
    Yup. All set. Restored and now jailbreaking.
    2014-11-18 02:49 PM
    Yup. All set. Restored and now jailbreaking.
    SWEEEET!!!!

@pathtologos
    I seriously think you need to upgrade instead of staying on 8.0.2
    2014-11-18 02:52 PM
    SWEEEET!!!!

@pathtologos
    I would if I were him. Still signing, so why not??!?
    2014-11-18 02:56 PM
    SWEEEET!!!!

@pathtologos
    Yeah, I managed to install that file although as it installed I did see some script mentioning that iOS 8.1 was missing. After the process finish, albeit maybe not successfully, I tried installing it again and it didn't work. Prob now is, I can't update to just 8.1. It'll put me on 8.1.1 which would leave me totally screwed. Thanks for your help anyway. I guess I'll just have to wait.
    2014-11-18 02:58 PM
    Agreed! Can you point him to where you got the 8.1 ipsw?
    2014-11-18 02:58 PM
    Ok, what does that mean? I must admit, I've been on android for years and I know how to hack the crap out of android but I haven't been on iOS for quite a while. How exactly do I upgrade to 8.1. Help me out please!!
    2014-11-18 02:59 PM
    Yeah, I managed to install that file although as it installed I did see some script mentioning that iOS 8.1 was missing. After the process finish, albeit maybe not successfully, I tried installing it again and it didn't work. Prob now is, I can't update to just 8.1. It'll put me on 8.1.1 which would leave me totally screwed. Thanks for your help anyway. I guess I'll just have to wait.
    You CAN still update! You'll need the 8.1 ipsw for your phone. After its downloaded, hold SHIFT or OPTION and click the RESTORE/UPGRADE button in iTunes. Choose the ipsw you downloaded and you're set!!!

Go here to get the ipsw for you're device. DO NOT get the 8.1.1 ipsw!!!:
    iPhone, iPod, iPad and Apple TV Firmware Download

Obviously, you'll need your phone plugged into the computer for this! LOL!
    Last edited by thazsar; 2014-11-18 at 03:06 PM.
    2014-11-18 03:02 PM
    You CAN still update! You'll need the 8.1 ipsw for your phone. After its downloaded, hold SHIFT or OPTION and click the RESTORE/UPGRADE button in iTunes. Choose the ipsw you downloaded and you're set!!!

Go here to get the ipsw for you're device:

Ok, so just google iOS 8.1 ispw to find the file?

Go here to get the ipsw for you're device. DO NOT get the 8.1.1 ipsw!!!:

Bro, u rock! Thanks so much. Can't believe I'm at work right now. Won't be able to do this till I get home!!
    2014-11-18 03:06 PM
    Ok, so just google iOS 8.1 ispw to find the file?
    Click that link I provided, then select your device and firmware from the drop down list
    2014-11-18 03:07 PM
    No - he just gave you a link to where to get the ipsw right in the post you quoted.
    2014-11-18 03:08 PM
    Click that link I provided, then select your device and firmware from the drop down list
    Yeah, sorry, just saw the link you posted. Thanks again.
    Crap...nvrmnd. It's not on that list. Google 8.1 ipsw instead
    U guys think that by waiting until later today, there's more of a chance that I won't be able to make this work? U know, that Apple may stop "signing it?"

If so, I can try to get out of work early...lol.
    2014-11-18 03:09 PM
    Your model is iPhone 7.1 (if you have the 6+)

U guys think that by waiting until later today, there's more of a chance that I won't be able to make this work? U know, that Apple may stop "signing it?"
    Correct
    2014-11-18 03:10 PM
    Your model is iPhone 7.1 (if you have the 6+)

Correct
    Ahhhhh! Crap. Now I'm kinda freaking out...lol.
    2014-11-18 03:12 PM
    You never need to restore to complete an unlock. Just pop in a new SIM from another carrier.
    Thanks for the info, they sent this to me with the confirmation that it was approved.

"To unlock your device, simply:

Open iTunes on your Mac or PC and verify that you have internet connectivity.
    Ensure a SIM card is inserted into your Apple device.
    Connect your device using the dock connector to USB cable that came with your Apple product.
    Backup and restore your device using iTunes. For information on backup and restore, please visit Use iTunes to restore your iOS device to factory settings - Apple Support
    After restoring, your device will be unlocked.
    Additional information on unlocking can be found at http://support.apple.com/kb/TS3198"
    2014-11-18 03:15 PM
    Ahhhhh! Crap. Now I'm kinda freaking out...lol.
    Try this site:
    Download Firmware (IPSW) Files for iOS Devices

Don't freak out!!!
    2014-11-18 03:17 PM
    A lot of things wont work yet or at all in IOS8 so I'm staying on IOS7. There are even a few apps that wont work in IOS7.1.1 but they do work fine in 7.0

If your jailbroken and its working fine it doesn't matter what firmware your on, just DONT update. Stay as long as you can and enjoy it as long as you can as when it goes all wrong and you are forced to restore 99% of the time you are also forced to upgrade thats when you want a jailbreak again. Till that unfortunate time comes enjoy your jailbreak whatever firmware your on.

Does IOS8 bring back more icons per folder like IOS6 or is it 3x3 like IOS7? Thats my main problem, on the iPad you used to have heaps of icons in a folder and now they limit it to 3x3. so you have a huge waste of space and stupid pages in folders. THATS 1 very good reason to jailbreak, to use that wasted space and have it more like IOS6 again. The way an iPad should be to start with.
    2014-11-18 03:17 PM
    Crap...nvrmnd. It's not on that list. Google 8.1 ipsw instead
    Hey sorry, just one last question, u think it's possible for me to download the file to my iPhone, then transfer it to the computer? By the way, what directory in my computer do I need to place the ispw file so that iTunes "sees" it?

Try this site:
    Download Firmware (IPSW) Files for iOS Devices

Don't freak out!!!
    Check out my most recent post please. What directory do I place the ispw file for iTunes to recognize when I hold Down shift (I'm on windows).
    2014-11-18 03:18 PM
    A lot of things wont work yet or at all in IOS8 so I'm staying on IOS7. There are even a few apps that wont work in IOS7.1.1 but they do work fine in 7.0

If your jailbroken and its working fine it doesn't matter what firmware your on, just DONT update. Stay as long as you can and enjoy it as long as you can as when it goes all wrong and you are forced to restore 99% of the time you are also forced to upgrade thats when you want a jailbreak again. Till that unfortunate time comes enjoy your jailbreak whatever firmware your on.

Does IOS8 bring back more icons per folder like IOS6 or is it 3x3 like IOS7? Thats my main problem, on the iPad you used to have heaps of icons in a folder and now they limit it to 3x3. so you have a huge waste of space and stupid pages in folders. THATS 1 very good reason to jailbreak, to use that wasted space and have it more like IOS6 again. The way an iPad should be to start with.
    You know that there are about 600+ compatible tweaks for iOS 8, right? And devs are working to update their stuff so I'd rather be on the newest than the older JB.

Hey sorry, just one last question, u think it's possible for me to download the file to my iPhone, then transfer it to the computer? By the way, what directory in my computer do I need to place the ispw file so that iTunes "sees" it?

Check out my most recent post please. What directory do I place the ispw file for iTunes to recognize when I hold Down shift (I'm on windows).
    It doesn't matter the directory. After you hold down shift, it'll let you choose where and what file you want

You could download it to your phone but that's A LOT of data and you'll be prolonging the process
    Last edited by thazsar; 2014-11-18 at 03:23 PM.
    2014-11-18 03:20 PM
140 ... 23456 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD