User Tag List

You know that there are about 600+ compatible tweaks for iOS 8, right? And devs are working to update their stuff so I'd rather be on the newest than the older JB.

It doesn't matter the directory. After you hold down shift, it'll let you choose where and what file you want
    Awesome. Thanks yet again. You've been super helpful!
    2014-11-18 03:23 PM
    Apple Releases iOS 8.1.1 to the Public [WARNING: NOT JAILBREAK SAFE]
    2014-11-18 03:23 PM
    Even if you download the ipsw to your phone now, and they stop signing later this afternoon… it doesn't matter that you'll have the ipsw on your phone… You still won't be able to install it after they close the signing window. It's not about the ipsw file itself being somewhere to grab - it's about the moment "during" the restore process when your phone checks in with Apple to see if they're still signing. If they've closed the window - the restore to that ipsw will fail and you'll still be on 8.0.2. Or whatever you're on now.

Your only choice is to get your phone restored as soon as possible. It doesn't matter that the ipsw will be waiting for you on your phone when you get home today if you download it now. I hope that's clear.

I personally believe the signing window will be closed in the next several hours. They've never let it go this long before.

So maybe some "freaking out" is in order… as I'm concerned you didn't fully understand what Thazsar was explaining to you.
    Last edited by NewD; 2014-11-18 at 04:47 PM.
    2014-11-18 03:44 PM
    Dang it! I just bought a new phone and I updated !
    2014-11-18 04:38 PM
    Dang it! I just bought a new phone and I updated !
    Bring it back and exchange for a different color to have some kind of legit reason.
    2014-11-18 04:41 PM
    Bring it back and exchange for a different color to have some kind of legit reason.
    No need. If he downloads the 8.1 Firmware file for his/her specific phone RIGHT NOW - from the link Thazsar gave us a few posts back -- (s)he can restore again BACK to 8.1 from 8.1.1 - but ONLY until the window closes.. Hurry up..
    2014-11-18 04:49 PM
    My 6+is stuck at the lockscreen I can't unlock the phone. What can I do?
    2014-11-18 04:50 PM
    Tried restoring it by manually restoring ipsw files and it didn't work
    2014-11-18 04:51 PM
    Tried restoring it by manually restoring ipsw files and it didn't work
    So signing window is now closed? That would be the only explanation unless you did something wrong..
    2014-11-18 04:54 PM
    I'm based in UK and restored an iPad Air on 7.1.2 to 8.1 approx 2pm UK time so still signing. Need to get my other halves iPhone 5 updated ASAP this evening quickly
    2014-11-18 04:57 PM
    No need. If he downloads the 8.1 Firmware file for his/her specific phone RIGHT NOW - from the link Thazsar gave us a few posts back -- (s)he can restore again BACK to 8.1 from 8.1.1 - but ONLY until the window closes.. Hurry up..
    Oh right the window for 8.1 is still open, but expected to close shortly so DON'T SIT ON IT! RESTORE NOW! lol
    I guess if the window closes by the time he/she reads this then bringing it back for 'obscure reason' in their return window and hoping for a replacement with 8.1 is their best option

Oh right the window for 8.1 is still open, but expected to close shortly so DON'T SIT ON IT! RESTORE NOW! lol
    I guess if the window closes by the time he/she reads this then bringing it back for 'obscure reason' in their return window and hoping for a replacement with 8.1 is their best option
    Last edited by bencjedi; 2014-11-18 at 05:07 PM.
    2014-11-18 05:01 PM
    Where is that link so I can download 8.1
    2014-11-18 05:20 PM
    Look back a couple pages.
    2014-11-18 05:31 PM
    So I'm lost . I downloaded this on my laptops but won't open. Do I have to open it on my phone ?
    2014-11-18 05:40 PM
    Download on your laptop then open iTunes with your phone plugged in. Hold shift and click restore. Find where you downloaded 8.1 and select it. Voila.

......beware......
    Just your friendly neighborhood Spider-Man!
    2014-11-18 05:51 PM
    Anyone know if they're STILL signing it? I trying to get outta work but it's turning out to be a hell of a day!
    2014-11-18 05:54 PM
    Here you go.

......beware......
    Just your friendly neighborhood Spider-Man!
    2014-11-18 05:55 PM
    Here you go.
    Oh my gawd! If I don't get home in time I don't know what I'll do!!! Lol
    2014-11-18 05:57 PM
    Should have called in sick lol
    2014-11-18 05:58 PM
    I procrastinated until early Monday morning to finally restore, update via iTunes and jailbreak... I knew I was running out of time, that was hella close though.... Super Easy and smooth Jailbreak and so far everything I've installed from Cydia is working fine... So stoked to be Jailbroken again, been without one for almost 6 months and the stock OS was killing me! So happy to have Eclipse, springtomize, Ifile, folderenhancer+, virtual home, nitrous and a few other tweaks installed so far, and all playing nicely with each other, no hiccups, no freezes, no crashes and no impact on the incredible battery life of this 6+! I can't believe how many are still willing to stay on ios 7, native Quickreply and 3rd party keyboards are but two great reasons alone to be on ios 8... Almost all my usual Cydia mods and tweaks I've used over the years are ready and compatible with most devices including the 6+. Thank yoU Pangu team whomever y'all are, thank you MMi staff, mods and community members for being my sole source of info for the ios atmosphere, thank you to all devs who've updated their packages, thanks to all the hosts of the repos and most importantly thank you so so much Jay Freeman! I'm so happy to be Jailbroken once again!
    2014-11-18 06:27 PM
140 ... 34567
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD