If you've got an iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus, then you have Reachability, a feature that lets you double-tap on the Touch ID sensor to bring the user interface down to a reachable level for one-handed use. With a hack called ReachAll, which we showed you in October, you can even bring Reachability to older non-supported iOS 8 devices.

If you're familiar with Reachability, then you know that it has a dark background color when you use it from within an application. A new free jailbreak tweak called ColorReachability by iOS developer merdok allows you to change the tint color of the Reachability background to any color you want, as shown above.

ColorReachability adds a preferences pane to the Settings application where you can configure the tint color to your liking:

As you can see, there are RGB sliders so that you can get the precise color that you want, but there is also a "Presets" area where you can pick pre-set colors to use. The settings also allow you to change the blur amount, or randomize the colors on demand. The "Reset" button resets the background tint color to the factory defaults.

If you want to give ColorReachability a try, it's available for free right now in Cydia's BigBoss repository. The tweak only works on iOS 8, but it's compatible with all devices that support Reachability out of the box, or that use the ReachAll hack. Check it out!

Name: ColorReachability
    Price: FREE
    Version: 0.7.0-3
    Requirements: iOS 8.0-8.1, Reachability
    Repo: BigBoss
    Developer: merdok
    Editor's Rating:  5/5
    2014-11-21 05:40 PM
    Was hoping you could add a picture or an animation. Call me when that is available.
    2014-11-21 06:14 PM
    Seems like a nice little tweak. Although disabling Reachability was the first thing I did when I got my phone. Apparently I double-tap the home button quite a lot without realizing it.
    2014-11-22 02:15 AM
    Stupid tweak. I was thinking the other day we need a sick YouTube tweak that allows the minimizing video corner to run outside the app! Now that would be crazy
    2014-11-22 10:21 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD